• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT| The Spirit of the Ultimate Warrior Will Run Forever!

Sblargh

Banned
So, friends, thoughts on the wardrobe.

Usos with white gear and facepaint.
The Shield stealing Bullet Club masks.
Bray with a coat I want now.
Naomi with... something on her legs that had colors all around it.
Daniel Bryan with Bruiser Brody boots.

Edit: As a side note, Daniel Bryan's excellent promo music was "Monster" by Imagine Dragons. So yeah, something something American Dragon.

Kaladin

Can we at least agree that this year had the best musical performances of recent Wrestlemanias?

The Wyatt's entrance was amazing. Orton's song is even better performed live.

I'm surprised they didn't trot out someone for Cena's entrance.

tumblr_n3ndw748Wp1qcluu2o1_400.gif
That me looking at Renee Young last night. Goddam I wanted to cry. Why we no got HD caps yet?

charsace

The Cena/Bray thing was terrible. In the build up to the match it started with Cena no selling like he usually does. Then someone probably told him to not be stupid so he stopped his usual bullshit that leads to a burial. In the match he acts like he's struggling to maintain control, only brush off the mental attack of Bray and the physical beating to do is lol Cena spot. And of course he had to get his teammate squashing cross body off to bury Rowan and Harper who should have caught him since they are two monsters and that would have made more sense than Cena's little ass cross bodying them. People are saying wait and see. I say Cena won the feud like he wins all short feuds where they feed people to them. I hope they feed Reigns to him next.

Patryn

The Cena/Bray thing was terrible. In the build up to the match it started with Cena no selling like he usually does. Then someone probably told him to not be stupid so he stopped his usual bullshit that leads to a burial. In the match he acts like he's struggling to maintain control, only brush off the mental attack of Bray and the physical beating to do is lol Cena spot. And of course he had to get his teammate squashing cross body off to bury Rowan and Harper who should have caught him since they are two monsters and that would have made more sense than Cena's little ass cross bodying them. People are saying wait and see. I say Cena won the feud like he wins all short feuds where they feed people to them. I hope they feed Reigns to him next.

Cesaro will be fed to him next.

ghostmind

Something looked off about Cena last night. Something has looked off about him for a while now. Is it old/sick/tired... or a combination thereof?

Showaddy

Cesaro will be fed to him next.

Jokes aside you wonder when this Cena shit will end now. He's obviously not, as some people expected, going to start putting over young talents now so what does he do? Does he get the belt again, or does he just keep getting fed guys when the the crowd doesn't want him there?

Hasney

Something looked off about Cena last night. Something has looked off about him for a while now. Is it old/sick/tired... or a combination thereof?

I've heard this a lot, but I've only noticed it since the Wyatt thing started. Are we sure it's not part of the angle? Ir has it been going on longer than that?

Honestly, I usually skip Cena segments/matches bar the finish.

5 year-old daughter's favorite thing in wrestling now is the Biggest Blunders episode of WWE Countdown. Specifically making Papa Shango making Warrior puke. But just now she yelled, "It's Shockmaster time!" She likes Dusty Rhodes because he says stuff that gets bleeped.

Bowser

STAMFORD, Conn., April 7, 2014 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that WWE Network has 667,287* subscribers and is well on its way to reaching its goal of 1 million subscribers by the end of 2014 just 42 days after launching in the U.S., making it the fastest-growing digital subscription service. This announcement comes following a historic WrestleMania® 30, which aired live on WWE Network as well as on pay-per-view through satellite and cable providers from a sold-out Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans.

Pretty damn good, but wonder if they'll hit a million now that WM has passed.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The Undertaker was taken to a local New Orleans hospital via ambulance after last night’s WWE WrestleMania XXX due to the fear that he suffered a concussion and a possible neck injury. The last word was that Taker was expected to remain there overnight for observation.

The apparent injury had no bearing on the finish of the match, which ended exactly as planned. The injury is believed to have happened early in the match when Undertaker took a bad fall off a single leg.

from f4w

Sephzilla

Just wanted to leave this comment here as well (from the WMXXX thread)

After letting it sink in
still legit shook though
, I'm thinking they had to have gone off book because Taker got hurt or something. I really can't believe Vince or Trips would have let the streak end in a mid card match that had no buildup and a shitty finish like that.

Kaladin

The WWE Network was the real star last night.

Nobody expected it to run as smooth as it did, and it was amazing. I only had a couple of minor stutters but didn't lose anything. They will have to keep upgrading their servers as their subscriber base increases, but I think this is a good sign for it's future.

Bowser

Nobody expected it to run as smooth as it did, and it was amazing. I only had a couple of minor stutters but didn't lose anything. They will have to keep upgrading their servers as their subscriber base increases, but I think this is a good sign for it's future.

Yep, I was super impressed. Had it on from 5pm til the end and suffered maybe 5 instances of resolution drop that only lasted 5-10 seconds at most. That's likely the most traffic they'll get all year as well - pretty amazing it held up so well.

Patryn

After seeing the pictures of Taker's face after his match where he frankly looks disappointed, I'm curious if he really will retire now. I have to guess that the match with Brock was not what Taker wanted it to be.

If so, and if the plan was for him to have a final match against Sting at WM 31, what the hell would WWE do with Sting now?

I cam't see the Network hitting a million this year. Mania was the killer app.

On the bright side, this probably means that the other PPVs will probably have to be more stacked than they would be. Instead of being afterthoughts because everyone is already locked in, they'll still have to be selling people on the network.

I can also see them picking up a lot of people who might have been skeptical about the PPV quality on the Network following the glowing reports about Wrestlemania.

I'll freely admit that I came back solely because I finally decided that I could drop $10 a month on a chance of something good happening. I probably wouldn't be paying attention to wrestling at all if it wasn't for the Network.

Sephzilla

After seeing the pictures of Taker's face after his match where he frankly looks disappointed, I'm curious if he really will retire now. I have to guess that the match with Brock was not what Taker wanted it to be.

If so, and if the plan was for him to have a final match against Sting at WM 31, what the hell would WWE do with Sting now?

It depends on Sting, really. If Sting was simply dead set on having one match with Undertaker, then Sting might as well pack it up and just straight up retire.

Yeah, I was super impressed with the Network last night. Right around the Cena match is when I actually realized "oh shit, this has gone great so far"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5 year-old daughter's favorite thing in wrestling now is the Biggest Blunders episode of WWE Countdown. Specifically making Papa Shango making Warrior puke. But just now she yelled, "It's Shockmaster time!" She likes Dusty Rhodes because he says stuff that gets bleeped.

Good parenting pal! She's gonna go through a "I Love Dusty Rhodes" phase soon so be ready.

If you WHEEEEEL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they wheel out Sting's decrepit ass to wrestle Undertaker's decrepit ass, it'd be an awful shiting on their memory and legacy.

Marks need to face it. Undertaker can't do it anymore. He's exhausted. Why do you think Hunter looked so good in their matches? Undertaker didn't have the energy to 'dominate.' Let the man fucking retire.

alstein

Going backwards through the WCW ppvs has proven my childhood recollection to be accurate. He can in fact wrestle and is more or less the perfect mid card comedy heel.

I still find it funny he lived his gimmick and got busted for running an illegal gambling ring once.

Disco vs Santino would be a feud that would be great- for Thunder.

Bowser

If they wheel out Sting's decrepit ass to wrestle Undertaker's decrepit ass, it'd be an awful shiting on their memory and legacy.

Marks need to face it. Undertaker can't do it anymore. He's exhausted. Why do you think Hunter looked so good in their matches? Undertaker didn't have the energy to 'dominate.' Let the man fucking retire.

Yeah I'd have to agree. I mean, the guy had, what, 8 months to prepare for this match? Unless he didn't take it seriously at all, which I highly doubt, he just can't do it anymore. Time for him to hang 'em up.

That said, I will still mark my ass off if Sting shows up tonight.

Hasney

Yup. I still don't understand why it'd be Sting V Undertaker anyway. If Sting has to come in, please let it be in a non-wrestling role.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Raw tonight:

- WWE Raw invades the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA tonight. With the fallout of WrestleMania 30 this should be an interesting Raw to say the least. Here is what's on tap:

* Fallout from WrestleMania 30.

* Daniel Bryan is the new WWE World Heavyweight champion, who is his next challenger?

* How will Triple H react to Daniel Bryan winning the title?

* Brock Lesnar beat the streak, what's next for him?

The dark match for the live crowd is a 6 Man Tag Team Main Event: John Cena, Daniel Bryan & Batista vs. Bray Wyatt, Kane & Alberto Del Rio

“Yes! Yes! Yes!-tleMania”

The long, arduous journey of Daniel Bryan and the “Yes!” Movement culminated at WrestleMania 30. The new face of WWE first defeated Triple H to earn a spot in the main event Triple Threat Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Title. Then, while a badly injured shoulder suffered at the hands of WWE’s COO, Bryan overcame the odds and made Batista tap out to the “Yes!” Lock to capture the championship in front of a sold-out crowd of 75,167 fans inside New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome. How will Daniel Bryan address the WWE Universe on Raw tonight? And will Triple H or The Authority have anything to say to a so-called “B+ player” becoming the face of WWE?

21-1

Do not adjust your eyes. You read that right. The Streak is dead. In arguably the most shocking WrestleMania moment ever, The Undertaker’s undefeated WrestleMania record came to an abrupt end as Brock Lesnar pinned The Deadman in the middle of the ring following the last of three F-5s. Do The Beast Incarnate or Paul Heyman intend to address his stunning victory to the WWE Universe? And is that “1”theone that marks the end of The Deadman?

Cenation Legacy Lives On

For weeks Bray Wyatt and his Family tormented John Cena, threatening to end his legacy at The Show of Shows. The Family patriarch dared the leader of the Cenation numerous times to take him out, even handing Cena a steel chair. Ultimately, Hustle, Loyalty and Respect rose above The Buzzard-beaters, and Cena took Bray Wyatt down with an Attitude Adjustment. But is one victory enough for John Cena to finally rid himself of the terrifying trio?

Wow The People!

Just about two hours after losing the Fatal 4-Way Elimination Tag Team Championship Match to The Usos and coming to blows with his Real American cohort Jack Swagger, Cesaro won the first-ever Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal in the most emphatic way possible. The Real American stunned the sold-out Mercedez-Benz Superdome and coveted the five-foot tall trophy after scooping the heavily-favored Big Show and slamming him over the top rope for the victory. So, let’s review – he swung a Swagger and tossed a giant. What’s next for Cesaro?

Believe in The Shield yet?

After costing The Hounds of Justice an opportunity at the WWE Tag Team Titles a few weeks ago, WWE Director of Operations Kane and The New Age Outlaws had been a thorn in the side of The Shield. When the two sides met at the Mercedez-Benz Superdome for the Showcase of the Immortals, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose showed The Shield’s united front in a big way, ousting the six-time WWE Tag Team Champions and the Big Red Monster with an unbelievable double-Triple Powerbomb. What lies ahead for one of the strongest trios in WWE history? Tune in to Raw this Monday at 8/7 CT on USA Network, and be sure to tune in to WWE Network for the Raw Pre-Show at 7:30 and Backstage Pass immediately following the show!

Patryn

It depends on Sting, really. If Sting was simply dead set on having one match with Undertaker, then Sting might as well pack it up and just straight up retire.

Hmmm... thinking about it, they could try to do Sting vs. HHH, with Sting attempting to "avenge" WCW for their treatment during the Invasion, and HHH standing for the WWE establishment.

Just not sure I could see HHH letting Sting go over, and I'm not sure Sting would want to take a loss to anyone that's not Taker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Legit disappointed to see Aiii using watermarked gifs. It's like you haven't heard of Strobogo.
zWVbK.gif

Carnby

I must have had 20 moments where the video stuttered and went back 5 to 10 seconds. My friends and just referred to it as bonus instant replays. It didn't effect our enjoyment.

Raw64life

Don't see Sting/Taker happening anymore after the streak ended. Besides, Taker obviously lost because he's going to show up at Jeff Jarrett's new promotion announcement today and chokeslam Vince Russo through a table to kick off the promotion with a Taker/Russo feud for the Jeff Jarret Memorial Heavyweight Championship.

Sephzilla

Hmmm... thinking about it, they could try to do Sting vs. HHH, with Sting attempting to "avenge" WCW for their treatment during the Invasion, and HHH standing for the WWE establishment.

Just not sure I could see HHH letting Sting go over, and I'm not sure Sting would want to take a loss to anyone that's not Taker.

The only match anyone wanted to see was Sting/Taker, and even that had trepidation about it because it's a match that was a decade past its expiration date.

So Bruce lee is the the UFC game . Is 2 K15 going to have Randy the Ram ??

No, 2k15 will feature more bugs than 2k14 though!

Cagey

Banned

It was neat rewinding the feed to 7pm after getting home a bit late and then pausing the feed for all the guests to arrive. Finished watching at ~11:50pm but had no issues whatsoever with the feed when pausing it live, save for the 5-10 second skips that others have mentioned.

Hasney

If they just had to use Sting, I'd much rather that. And HHH should pedigree his ass into hell.

Laserfrog

Just catching up on the Wrestlemanias as I was asleep for most of it. The crowd as Brock wins ahaha it's so good, puts a smile on my face.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a zillion ways to book Sting if they still want to do it. There's always something and some way for him to come in.

bigkrev

After sleeping on it for the night, assuming it was his final match, I feel a lot better about Lesnar beating Taker. The streak had to end before he retired, or else people would get pissed each year Taker wasn't there to defend the streak. And unless it's a sudden retirement out of nowhere (like Edge), you should always put someone over on your way out. I'm guessing we get Bryan-Lesnar at Extreme Rules now, and when Bryan wins it's going to mean a whole lot more now.

mock me if you've discussed already.

How is Raw opening tonight?

Taker
Brock
Bryan

My heart says Taker opens up for his curtain call

Top Bottom