• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
krae_man said:
What you mean they Don't put the show on starting at 2am overthere?

I mean that the show is recorded tonight cause they are currently on the Euro Tour, so we'll know what happens 4 hour ahead - and recorded shows always have a different feel anyway, so even if I avoid spoilers it still feels a bit different to watch.

krae_man

Keyser Soze said:
I mean that the show is recorded tonight cause they are currently on the Euro Tour, so we'll know what happens 4 hour ahead - and recorded shows always have a different feel anyway, so even if I avoid spoilers it still feels a bit different to watch.

That's exactly why I don't watch Smackdown.

I wonder if we can look forward to Cena's Annual only match that doesn't suck he does in the UK every year.

Lunchbox

Banned
sajj316 said:
Could be to see what the crowd reaction is .. or maybe something setup with Riley. Can't imagine Cara "spring-boarding" up the card this early. Who knows ...
mistico vs dos caras jr at mania 28 for the world title

maestrio on suicide watch

In regards to Sheamus. Hopefully, they are not Lunchbox-like in there British = Irish mentality. I remember last year where they borderline pushed him as a Face in the UK (I think he did a beatdown on some jobber heel), which he obviously knew would not fucking work, but had to go with it anyway.

Also, in WWE logic. It seems Liverpool is always a heel. So they will have Chelsea (Face Divas) vs Liverpool (Heel Divas), but just Chelsea will not work, even though they think they will cause they are in London.

I expect other idiotic shit too

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Keyser Soze said:
In regards to Sheamus. Hopefully, they are not Lunchbox-like in there British = Irish mentality. I remember last year where they borderline pushed him as a Face in the UK (I think he did a beatdown on some jobber heel), which he obviously knew would not fucking work, but had to go with it anyway.

Also, in WWE logic. It seems Liverpool is always a heel. So they will have Chelsea (Face Divas) vs Liverpool (Heel Divas), but just Chelsea will not work, even though they think they will cause they are in London.

I expect other idiotic shit too
I really hate all the stereotype shit they do over here.

Divas in football shirts, black cab, red bus, Regals one Raw match of the year. Last year they had that dumb tea party with Sheamus.

What next, a teeth gag?

dream

cjelly said:
I really hate all the stereotype shit they do over here.

Divas in football shirts, black cab, red bus, Regals one Raw match of the year. Last year they had that dumb tea party with Sheamus.

What next, a teeth gag?

At least they don't treat Europe the way they treat Japan. ie, they'll do Raw from Osaka and claim they're in Tokyo.

The only way I will accept a phone box on stage is if it is the Tardis. And I would mark out if during a match they were fighting, then went in side the Tardis, obviously cutting a tapped bit, but played it of as 100% real!

Penguin

Whoa, according to USA, the WWE Draft is next week?

Did they go into panic mode over at Smackdown?
http://twitter.com/#!/PWTorch/status/60043183316402178

krae_man

Mr. Sam said:
Tell me more.

I remember seeing something when the news stories popped up about Mason Ryan being billed From Cardiff when he's really from Gwynedd. You know that stupid rule where US wrestlers are allowed to be from the smallest hick town in the middle of nowhere, but a Non US wrestler has to be from the closest major city a US wrestling fan might have heard of.

Fun Fact: Gwynedd, Wales is 24 times the size of Perry, Oklahoma. That's how dumb the WWE is.

I can't find it though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Penguin said:

Nope. It's been planned for a while.

JdFoX187

Banned
Penguin said:

For some reason, I thought the draft was this week. They usually have these around the first few weeks post-'Mania.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
krae_man said:
I remember seeing something when the news stories popped up about Mason Ryan being billed From Cardiff when he's really from Gwynedd. You know that stupid rule where US wrestlers are allowed to be from the smallest hick town in the middle of nowhere, but a Non US wrestler has to be from the closest major city a US wrestling fan might have heard of.

I can't find it though.
Same as Wade Barrett. From Preston, billed from Manchester.

Striker

Penguin said:

Really hope they keep Smackdown relatively fresh. They'll probably panic and send Boreton over there.

JdFoX187

Banned
Striker said:
Really hope they keep Smackdown relatively fresh. They'll probably panic and send Boreton over there.
Ratings seem to be holding steady on Smackdown. In fact, one of the recent shows was the best ratings yet for Syfy. I don't think they'll move any of their big guns over. But I wouldn't be surprised to see Sin Cara get moved over. Punk will probably get bumped. The same goes for Teddy and Bryan.

As far as going to Raw from Smackdown, I think Kane will move over. Kofi and Chris Masters as well. And a bunch of divas.

Looking at the rosters, they're pretty thin as it is right now.

jobber said:
Nope. It's been planned for a while.

I remember for a while reading people here say the Draft would be 4/18. I suppose they pushed it back one week from that and now we have it next week. I'm surprised it isn't during a 3 hour Raw though.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
JdFoX187 said:
For some reason, I thought the draft was this week. They usually have these around the first few weeks post-'Mania.

Mania was like 3 weeks ago. Usually changes take effect the night after the late-April ppv.

DKehoe

Thought this was really cool.
waltman.jpg

Striker

The New Nexus will be barred from ringside tonight on Raw when Randy Orton clashes with CM Punk in a rematch to their thrilling bout at WrestleMania XXVII. Also, tune in to see Michael Cole's knighthood ceremony in the United Kingdom.
I wonder if Punk goes over... nah!

"RKO out of nowhere! The Viper Randy Orton strikes again!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom