• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Mr. Sam said:
Preston, huh? Yeah, what a fantastical name.

baleeq.jpg

dream

All joking aside, it sucked when Vince went on his "babyfaces shouldn't come from Canada" kick and took Chris Benoit away from me and billed him as hailing from Atlanta, Georgia.

Although I guess that worked out for the best in the end.

It was hilarious because they started that hometown thing with Benoit and Jericho at WM20. Where was the next PPV? Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

The reason they started doing that is because they had signed Kenzo Suzuki and were going to have him do a really controversial Japanese gimmick called "Hirohito". Vince thought the fans wouldn't get behind Jericho and Benoit against him if they were billed from Canada. They were thankfully talked out of it because they would have never been allowed back in Japan.

I perused the spoilers.

What was the point of Truth losing his spot to Morrison? Or what was the point of Truth having that spot in the first place? Heel turn for stealing the cig? It was still pretty pointless for Truth to have that spot and lose it the next week, though but I'm sure some people in here would have rather seen Morrison in the title match over Truth. =(

spindashing said:
I perused the spoilers.

What was the point of Truth losing his spot to Morrison? Or what was the point of Truth having that spot in the first place? Heel turn for stealing the cig? It was still pretty pointless for Truth to have that spot and lose it the next week, though but I'm sure some people in here would have rather seen Morrison in the title match over Truth. =(
While I am one of those people who would rather see Morrison in the title hunt over Truth, I'd be equally happy if either member of Truth & Wisdom were in that match.

Linkified

cjelly said:
I really hate all the stereotype shit they do over here.

Divas in football shirts, black cab, red bus, Regals one Raw match of the year. Last year they had that dumb tea party with Sheamus.

What next, a teeth gag?

One the Santino, Koslov tea party was amazing we got a Koslov chant, plus Cody did a teeth gag.

Mr. Sam said:
Preston, huh? Yeah, what a fantastical name.

Well it's hardly Blackburn :p

I believe Regal is actually from Doncaster or somewhere but started wrestling in Blackpool.

I remember once going to Raw in Manchester and Carlito tried to get over by praising Man United, yeah that didn't go down well.

On the plus side I went to the Smackdown tapings the night after and someone got thrown through the phonebox, it was when MVP and Kane were feuding as were Kennedy and Taker and there was a BoD reunion.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers but its hard :(

DKehoe

Yeh I think WWE often doesn't understand that english cities usually have more than one team in them compared to NFL teams where a state usually only has one. It makes half the crowd cheer and the other half boo. Is it that hard to just have them wear England strips?

Mr. Sam

Reading the spoilers, it would appear there are at least a few more instances of condescending pandering.

Actual spoilers within spoiler tag:
R-Truth turns heel by... smoking indoors. Michael Cole gets knighted.

They're a step away from holding a referendum on the Cyber Sunday voting system.

Dambrosi

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
Reading the spoilers, it would appear there are at least a few more instances of condescending pandering.

Actual spoilers within spoiler tag:
R-Truth turns heel by... smoking indoors. Michael Cole gets knighted.

They're a step away from holding a referendum on the Cyber Sunday voting system.
Say NO to AV! It'll let Ted DiBiase win!

DKehoe

cacophony said:
Could someone tell me what happened with Sean Waltman and Chikara? I don't follow it
He was wrestling at their annual King of Trios event as his old 1-2-3 Kid gimmick. Reports are he put in a fantastic performance and got a "you still got it" chant from the crowd which got him very emotional.
Seems the letter was just him thanking all the people involved in the event because he had such a great time. Pretty nice story really.

cacophony

DKehoe said:
He was wrestling at their annual King of Trios event as his old 1-2-3 Kid gimmick. Reports are he put in a fantastic performance and got a "you still got it" chant from the crowd which got him very emotional.
Seems the letter was just him thanking all the people involved in the event because he had such a great time. Pretty nice story really.

Thanks, that's cool. I watched his Youshoot interview a couple months ago and he seems like a good dude

RBH

--As noted earlier, the WWE will be doing its annual draft next week in Raleigh.  Don't know how big a deal this is considering Smackdown talent has been on Raw virtually every week for months.  It was described to me as a panic mood as this was scheduled for June.  For what it's worth, John Cena has been announced for the Smackdown show the next day in Greensboro.

--Jeff Jarrett suffered broken ribs last night in his match with Kurt Angle.  Angle was said to be okay after the match.  Matt Hardy on twitter said that he thought he fractured his arm, but the only injury we heard about independently from the show was that of Jarrett.  People who were on the plane with Hardy did not believe him to be hurt.  When his girlfriend, Reby Sky, was asked on her Sirius show, she at first didn't know what anyone was talking about and laughed about it, then was told he put it on twitter and she sort of went with it.

--Mickie James is a few weeks away from returning to wrestle.

--The person who will be the babyface as "The Network" reveal will not be Dixie Carter.

--All Japan, Pro Wrestling NOAH and New Japan held a joint press conference earlier today to announce a charity show for earthquake and tsunami victims that will be the first time all three promotions worked together on the same show in years, taking place on 8/27 at Budokan Hall. 

--Shawn Michaels is now available for acting, commercials, print ads, endorsements, licensing deals, autograph signings, public speaking, corporate events or other appearances through Luke Munson at lmunson@encoresports.com and at 760-438-5709 and 619-312-5562.  Only serious business inquiries.

--Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas defend the ROH tag titles against Mark & Jay Briscoe on 5/7 in Toronto.

--WWE has filed a trademark for the name "Kharma."  That would be the name for a new piece of talent, which could be Awesome Kong (thanks to Stephen Haynes) 

--Big Show appears on Supah Ninjas on Nickelodeon on Friday night.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/20310/

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Forkball said:
I'm surprised the draft isn't going to be some 3 hour event. WHO WILL BE DRAFTED ECW?!

I went to last year's 3 hour draft and it was boring as shit.

Vestal

Kyoufu said:
Holy shit @ the AKO. Kurt Angle is awesome lol

He didn't go all out with it.. It was the poor mans version of the RKO, because he waited to get control of Jarretts head before jumping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom