• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKehoe

Either Kurt is insane or just bullshitting to promote his new film. With Kurt it could actually be hard to say which.
Kurt Angle Ponders Olympic Comeback
PITTSBURGH -- Kurt Angle won a gold medal for the United States before going into professional wrestling. Fifteen years later, and now in his 40s, he wants to go back to the Olympics.

"It's not just this old man trying to lash out to get publicity," Angle told WTAE Channel 4 Action News on Friday. "It's about really making the team and making a point that, you know what, the 40s is not old. It's the new young."

Angle said he and his nephew, Mark, 34, have discussed the idea of making a run at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Both were All-American wrestlers at Clarion University.

"I feel really good at 42, and I might be making a statement that him and I are going to start training for the Olympics and go after the U.S. Open, the Olympic team trials, and then the Olympics," Angle said.

He also said he plans to sign a multiyear contract with TNA Wrestling and work a part-time schedule in the ring so he can continue making movies, like "Dylan Dog: Dead of Night", which opens Friday in theaters. Meanwhile, he's pushing a line of nutritional meals called Angle Foods.

"Everyone asks me, 'How can you do all of these things?' And I always tell them I'll rest when I die," Angle said. "I don't rest very much. I like to do things, I like to accomplish things, and I have a passion for everything that I do, including pro wrestling, and I miss the Olympic wrestling."

When he was working for World Wrestling Entertainment in 2002, Angle told WTAE that the company had given him permission to pursue a spot in the 2004 Athens Olympics, but that never came to be.

Angle acknowledged that landing another film role could affect his training this time around, because he wants to focus on movies and his family.

"But if we're going to make this (Olympic) commitment, we're going to do it, and it starts in August," he said.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/entertainment/27721730/detail.html#ixzz1L09PXh00
I would guess this is like him saying he will make his MMA debut soon, something that won't ever actually happen.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
So what's going to be the name of the May thread?

I'm tired and bored so here are the ones I've made :

"May Wrasslin |OT| The Whole Show 'Effing!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| LOSER...LEAVES!...wwe"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Zack Ryder - WWE Internet Champion!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| How Many Times Will Sin Cara Botch This Month?" - Probably not alot given that he's on SD now...
LLShC.gif

"May Wrasslin |OT| I'll Go To The Papers If I Have To!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Layla Appreciation Thread"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Think of the Children!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Cole = Ratings"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Saranara, Arrivederci, See Ya' Later, Bye, Peace Out, Deuces!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Don't Boo Me, Ya Should Be Booing Yourselves!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Thank You Edge!"
"May WrasslinEntertainment |OT| The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Action Soap Opera!"
"May Wrasslin |OT| Melina vs. Alicia Fox - Match of the Forever"

...I should go to bed.

DKehoe

Part way through watching King of Trios night 1. It's amazing how much more I care about this than anything WWE or TNA is doing. I had thought I was starting to go off wrestling entirely but I'm just pretty apathetic to those two. CHIKARA is great.

bigjimmystyle said:
Watching the new Tough Enough, for whatever reason, has reignited my interest for wrestling. However I watched a bit of Raw today, and I noticed that all the wrestlers are fucking lame and the wrestling blows. I used to watch a bit of ROH, but the amateur production of it grates on me a bit. Any other feds worth watching?

Chikara a millions times over. Best fed going today!

Linkified

Keyser Soze said:
Other avatar options, should anyone want them, from images on the WWE,com profile pages.

CVTpZ.jpg

Can I have this Keyser?

Judderman said:
So what's going to be the name of the May thread?

I'm tired and bored so here are the ones I've made :
"May Wrasslin |OT| Cole = Ratings"

This.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Kind of tired of how much they talk up "conditioning" on Tough Enough, like any of those jobbers will ever get more than a 5 minute match on TV (and if they make it to the main event scene, that's still a number of years away, plenty of time to get in shape)

If you threw Bill DeMott in a ring with Daniel Bryan for 20 minutes, I bet he'd be blown up about halfway through

And Steve, do you think we all forgot Fatlash... errr... Backlash?

NoDQ.com said:
Curt Hawkins took a shot at WWE Superstars with the following message on his Twitter: "Does it bother anyone else that the WWE Superstars intro includes NONE of the actual talent that perform on the show? Bush league."
Damn.

i know its 2 months early but my hopeful picks for mitb winners on each brand in order of prefference:

Raw
1Drew
2.Kofi
3.Morrison

Smackdown
1.Daniel Bryan
2.Wade Barrett
3.Sin Cara (First mitb loser?)

Black Republican said:
Smackdown
1.Daniel Bryan
2.Wade Barrett
3.Sin Cara (First mitb loser?)
You know I always would of thought it would work for Daniel Bryan if he was the first Money In the Bank loser. He wins the case and then instead of doing what every other MitB winner barring RVD does he challenges the champion to a match at a major PPV like Summerslam or something. Let him and whoever the champ is go at it for 30 mins, many near falls and lots of back and forth action. He ends up losing the match, comes out at the start of the next Raw or Smackdown and then just talks about he thought he had it, he thought he could do it. But now he knows what it takes to win the title and he just wants it even more. Then have him get knocked out by which ever mega heel suits, have him come back in 2 months after lots of hype and begin his quest for the title again.

I mean at least thats how I would do it, but I don't work for the WWE so its really a moot point.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Is Ziggler on his way out?

http://twitter.com/#!/heelziggler
Former WWE Superstar, Dolph Ziggler, in 140 characters or less.
His page on WWE.com is still up and he's listed still as on the Raw roster.

Did anyone use to collect WWF stickers? I remember going everywhere in town to get this album, never did fill it:

1d20bbd89160e0d32e0d1b9.jpg

In other news I would mark so hard if somehow Mark Henry got added to the WHC match and ended up winning on Sunday, the internets reaction would be MARVELLOUS!

in1OSO.JPG

My mom and dad used to go to a lot of wrestling shows in Madison Square Garden before I was born. In fact, they were in attendance during the classic Jimmy Snuka vs. Don Muraco match where Snuka leapt off of the top of the cage. It's so funny that they stopped going to see shows after I was born. I've never been to a live event. =(

in1MKG.JPG

in23xq.JPG

inyeAK.JPG

And guess who?
in1KC8.JPG

Wow, when that video started, I thought I was in the skrip club.

I can't believe that was TNA's product.

Tony Atlas was huge.

And Bob Backlund was so tiny. Not sure how he fits in the body type Vince wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom