• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| WrassleMania Sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plywood said:
Is Ziggler on his way out?

http://twitter.com/#!/heelziggler

His page on WWE.com is still up and he's listed still as on the Raw roster.
That would be shocking, but then again a big name usually gets cut each round too.

DKehoe said:
Which is why he lost the title that Vince sr. put on him.

To Iron Sheik??? He's not that big either. But Hulk Hogan fits right in. People like Macho Man, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, CM Punk, etc don't fit in his body type.

HHH, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Rock are what he's looking for.

DKehoe

Spiderjericho said:
To Iron Sheik??? He's not that big either. But Hulk Hogan fits right in. People like Macho Man, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, CM Punk, etc don't fit in his body type.

HHH, John Cena, Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Rock are what he's looking for.
Because the plan was to set it up for Hogan. Have a big villan for Hogan to defeat and make him a superstar. Iron Sheik only held the title for a few weeks.

DKehoe said:
Because the plan was to set it up for Hogan. Have a big villan for Hogan to defeat and make him a superstar. Iron Sheik only held the title for a few weeks.

Sounds like small hero. Vince the big villain. Is that why Vince got so huge because of his distorted reality of how an entertainer should look like.

DKehoe said:
Not entirely sure what you mean here, sorry.

Vince is into bodybuilding (see the bodybuilding federation he created) and as a result likes bodybuilders.

Seems like Bob was the "little" guy in the situation. Despite being "over" with the fans, because of Vince's view of how entertainers should look like, it prevents some stars from reaching their potential.

Was Vince, personally, into body building back during the early days of Hulkamania? He always looked tiny next to Jesse and his entertainers in the mid 80s.

Backlund was in good shape when he started his title reign. But halfway through it, he took on a new form of training that focused on his cardiovascular shape. As a result, his body became a bit softer and Vince Jr. wasn't a fan. He also hated how Backlund wore the title belt underneath his jacket.

Plywood said:
Is Ziggler on his way out?

http://twitter.com/#!/heelziggler

His page on WWE.com is still up and he's listed still as on the Raw roster.

If he's gone then it's official, the WWE really really hates wrestling. Ziggles and Punk possibly gone, Daniel Bryan on milk cartons, WTF is gonna be left? Del Rio, Morrison and a bunch of cookie cutter corporate "entertainers".

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
canadian crowe said:
That would be shocking, but then again a big name usually gets cut each round too.
worldrunover said:
If he's gone then it's official, the WWE really really hates wrestling. Ziggles and Punk possibly gone, Daniel Bryan on milk cartons, WTF is gonna be left? Del Rio, Morrison and a bunch of cookie cutter corporate "entertainers".
Matthew Gallant cleared it up, so no worries Ziggles is here to stay and currently look like Evan Bourne.

Matthew Gallant said:
No, he joined Twitter back when he got fired kayfabe and hasn't changed his bio since.

Yeah, that's not PG. It's probably good for their business.

But it's an odd dichotomy but satisfies all demographics. Kids get Cena in his Barney outfits, action figures and video games. Males get Keystone Light and Divas. Women get half-naked men like Randy Orton.

While us, the IWC, get LI Zack Ryder.

Plywood said:
Matthew Gallant cleared it up, so no worries Ziggles is here to stay and currently look like Evan Bourne.

THANK GOD. Although he needs to get his blonde hair back.

Yeah, that's not PG. It's probably good for their business.

Why isn't it PG? Football is PG and they have more beer ads than anyone.

EraldoCoil said:
Already hit dat kong .gif with that 5 knuckle shuffle.
intD0S.gif

cjelly said:
He hasn't been on twitter in ages. :( I guess he's lying low.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes. He's made his money.

He seems like the type of guy who does it more for the love of wrestling than the money. I think if they pay him well enough and promise to book him better he'll stick around.
\

DKehoe

Lunchbox said:
they said on LAW punk is having disputes about his contract
Last I heard it looks like he is taking a sabbatical for a time. Seems he won't be leaving permanently. Also, Punk is pretty much the last guy on the WWE roster I would expect to move to TNA.

worldrunover said:
Why isn't it PG? Football is PG and they have more beer ads than anyone.

If Jericho were here to save us, he'd tell us about the hypocrisy, and the cheap two-piece gelatinous corrupt sycophants who run the National Football League.

Spider from Mars said:
One shitty product promoting another shitty product!

Well, when you're second place, you can't always have Budweiser.

Maybe TNA will get Paps Blue Ribbon or some other nasty swill.

Matthew Gallant said:
Pabst, not Paps.

It doesn't matter what that shits name is.

[my bad]

And Brock was indeed trolling on that night. He won the fight, going home to bone Sable (which isn't pg) and drank Coors lite.

But just like the WWE, Dana is not going to let an entertainer get over on a sponsor.

Penguin

dream said:
http://twitter.com/#!/RealKevinNash/status/63829760882651136

Wait so is he saying, does he stay with the WWE and get paid or go back to TNA and wrestle? Wasn't he making a big thing about how the WWE had all these plans for him?

Isn't he getting Legend's contract money?

Shouldn't he be looking at the long term? And I do agree that it's strange the WWE hasn't done anything with him to help get the younger talent over and also reacquaint the fans with him, so they can sell his action figures.

UberTag

The one nice thing about the Extreme Rules PPV is that... apart from the McCool vs. Layla match... most of the results are rather unpredictable.

Granted, the Christian vs. Albert Del Rio match "seemingly" has an obvious winner, but let's go through some scenarios where Christian gets screwed out of a title run:

1) MOST LIKELY: Del Rio wins the title straight up in a competitive ladder match. He would bring the World Heavyweight title to RAW. This would normally be perceived as a problem except for two things.

A) They could make both world title holders "dual brand champions" similar to how things are already done for both the Divas champion and the tag team title holders. So ADR could appear on both shows along with the winner of Cena/Miz/Morrison.

B) Even if they don't go that route, the Sheamus move to SmackDown has already left that brand with the standard two singles titles to chase. Both the Intercontinental & United States titles reside there. They could elevate those titles. They could unify them. Or they could hastily book a Kofi Kingston / Sheamus match for the PPV and have Sheamus job the US Title back to RAW. A lot of people seem on board with this scenario except neither Sheamus or Barrett have held their titles for very long and Sheamus went so far as to change his Titantron video and ring attire for his championship reign. If they book anything hastily, I think a Corre implosion costing Barrett his title is more likely.

2) NOT AS LIKELY: Orton brutalizes CM Punk and the entirety of Nexus in their Last Man Standing match. Christian gets taken out backstage off-camera and left laying in a segment reminiscent of when Punk got taken out of the title match at Unforgiven 2008. Both Crazy Cody and Ted DiBiase are both in the vicinity; however, there are no witnesses to the attack. Orton gets inserted into the ladder match by Teddy Long in Christian's place and wins the title over Del Rio.

3) LEAST LIKELY BUT STILL SEEMINGLY MORE LIKELY THAN CHRISTIAN BEING A WWE WORLD CHAMPION: Cole somehow winds up in the ladder match and gets hoisted up on Jack Swagger's shoulders to claim the title and wind up as World Heavyweight Champion in his first ever title match... something Lawler has never been. Cole then proceeds to brag about it incessantly to further infuriate us all.

Cole's first title defense would be against former champion David Arquette at Over the Limit.

JdFoX187

Banned
The sad thing is, any one of those are probable. As much as I, and I'm sure most others here, would love to see a Christian title run, I just don't see it as happening tomorrow night.

dream

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes in a falls count anywhere match. Again, a match that on paper should be good. It's a big one for Rhodes because he's the one whose potential as a top guy will be judged based on this match.

how'd that turn out for dolph?

Kyoufu

Bowser said:
Catching a rerun of RAW...what have they done to Ziggler? SMH.

Ziggler was on RAW?

Also, it is guaranteed that Christian will win the title match at ER. Don't think Vince will put both titles on RAW again.

Ultratech

JdFoX187 said:
The sad thing is, any one of those are probable. As much as I, and I'm sure most others here, would love to see a Christian title run, I just don't see it as happening tomorrow night.

You're probably right.

Although if option #3 actually happens, I'm gonna be really pissed off. (Cole trolling us all...ugh.) Guess we'll have to see what shenanigans actually do happen.

Kyoufu

^ Christian is going to win tomorrow. Then he'll feud with uhhh... Cody? Cody will win, then Randy Knockout wins it with a Random Knockout out of nowhere. Orton on top of a shit show.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bowser said:
What's up with the mood lighting in this Sin Cara vs Swagger match?
They're trying hard to hide how prone he can be to botching by making him mysterious. Also Orange and Blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom