• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Y'all don't have sense of style. The Adam Rose one is actually good for nightclubbing in an impressive right move for the t-shirt department.

Edit: It's also not clear at all it is a wrestling shirt, so people will just think it is something really cool they never heard about because they are not hip enough, and they would be right, wrestling is really cool.

I like the front and color, but I hate seeing 'Adam' on the back. May get Neville's though.

Sblargh

Banned
It's a hard color for a lot of people to pull off.

I thrive on this kind of color. Purple, light pink, heck, I have a purple NeoGAF shirt and I always look cool in it.

You just have to not go full hipster, just a little bit hipster, it works with beard, skinny bodies, goes well with a glass of Gin Tonica in your hand, too.

But if like, have the beard, sunglasses, and ponytail, then you overdone it.

Edit: You solve the back problem by wearing it with a flannel shirt not actually made of flannel.

Hasney

If it wasn't for the back of Adams shirt, I could pull that off in summer. Pair of Oakleys on while drinking bottles of cider in the sun, sounds like bliss.

Sblargh

Banned
Stro really doesn't like people to walk around with "color". Just come out and say what you really mean, man. You booked this PPV, didn't you?

Goddamn, dude.

This is not unitentional clueless ignorant people who are either old, crazy or actually in the past like the WCW crowd. That's actual hate speech.

Laserfrog

iMyLreis1SYmD.gif

Sokantish

I'm sure Aiii doesn't like being accused of being a kidnapper and a woman beater, but you know... sometimes you gotta call out people for liking AJ!

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B
Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C
WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C
WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+
WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-
Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
WrestleMania IV - C
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Survivor Series '88 - D
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B
Royal Rumble '89 - F
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+
Royal Rumble '90 - D+
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-
Royal Rumble '91 - D+

Will the WWF ever get on a roll of good shows?

strobogo

Banned
Never?! Oh lawd.

Well, I guess it depends on what your tastes are. 1996 and 1997 had some good shows. What constitutes a good Attitude Era show is different than what constitutes a good show in general in my mind. 2000/2001/2002 had good series of shows. But for most of the 90s, you'll get one or two good shows per year. In Your Houses were really hit and miss, but usually had one good match and were shorter than the big PPVs so they are easier to get through.

strobogo

Banned
All the "Stro is racist" jokes legitimately bums me out and I wish they would stop. I'm not racist, I don't support racism, and I don't care for people joking that I am racist.

I'm not Fex.

somedevil

NXT Spoiler for the May 8th show:

Kalisto
debuts with
El Local
to face the new tag team the Legionnaires made up of Marcus Louis & Sylvester Lefort

Showaddy

Oh God been reading the spoilers for the divas torunament...

Natalya vs Layla.
Oh God why. Makes zero sense.

Charlotte beats Emma when she goes for the Cobra...
Oh God why. Makes sense but this shit is killing me.

Alexa Bliss
debuts
and beats Eva.
Awesome :D

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hashtag Dixierunswild

only an hour until the hottest wrestling product makes an IMPACT on our brains.

Hashtag Followthewillows.

Vylash

NXT Spoiler for the May 8th show:

Kalisto
debuts with
El Local
to face the new tag team the Legionnaires made up of Marcus Louis & Sylvester Lefort

Oh man, more tag teams! now they've got ...4....

Oh God been reading the spoilers for the divas torunament...

Natalya vs Layla.
Oh God why. Makes zero sense.

Charlotte beats Emma when she goes for the Cobra...
Oh God why. Makes sense but this shit is killing me.

Alexa Bliss
debuts
and beats Eva.
Awesome :D

..Why...why are full time divas competing for the NXT championship...isn't that the exact reason that JBL stripped Paige?

jred2k

Are you guys getting the live results from Twitter or another forum?

..Why...why are full time divas competing for the NXT championship...isn't that the exact reason that JBL stripped Paige?

Maybe the reasoning is that the champ can be in two places at once, but if the belts are apart the roster member could move down? Either way it doesn't really make any sense.

And here's a short interview with DDP by Sam Roberts. He mainly talks about DDP Yoga, but the highlight is definitely him calling Nancy Grace a cunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiAs1-54A

Alright, which one of you assholes dropped my phone and cracked the screen

Goddamnit me. 2 years it lasted!

Luckily I can't see it when I'm using it, so no harm no foul.

in before Sunny calls me a poor and talks about his 8 phones :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Y'all don't have sense of style. The Adam Rose one is actually good for nightclubbing in an impressive right move for the t-shirt department.

Edit: It's also not clear at all it is a wrestling shirt, so people will just think it is something really cool they never heard about because they are not hip enough, and they would be right, wrestling is really cool.
It probably also helps if your name is Adam, which takes me to my main problem with wrasslin' shirts(atleast the E's anyway) they always stick the wrasslers name somewhere. They could use more subtlety.

somedevil

Wow this May 8th NXT seems like a great episode:

They started a battle royal to see who faces Neville and it ends with a triple elimination which leads to announcement of a triple threat match to face Neville. The match is made up Zayn, Breeze and Tyson Kidd will happen for the May 15 episode

Sblargh

Banned
It's so hard to not click on any of these spoilers. But this is not smackdown, damn it, this matters! I want to be shooked.

Showaddy

Wow this May 8th NXT seems like a great episode:

They started a battle royal to see who faces Neville and it ends with a triple elimination which leads to announcement of a triple threat match to face Neville. The match is made up Zayn, Breeze and Tyson Kidd will happen for the May 15 episode

Neville vs Zayn
for the title at the Takeover live event then. Sweet.

On the other hand it's looking like
Charlotte vs Natalya
for the Divas title at Takeover as well...Not so sweet.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, I'm done with this crowd for a while. This thread is full of immature man children that I actually feel bad for.

These NXT spoilers are getting me excited but i think i'm gonna stop with these ones. I actually care about NXT!
Another two debuts on the May 8th episode:

Alexa Bliss
and
Captain Comic
Any word on who
Captain Comic is? The original guy was let go like a year ago.
Surprised they're going ahead with that gimmick.

And yo Marcus Louis makes sense. Too bad he won't be able to cut double entendre laden promos like that one he did in those practice promos

Ultratech

I'm not racist and don't really like the on going joke that I am, but then when legitimately fucked up racist stuff is posted and attributed to something I'd do, I don't like that at all.

If it makes you feel better, I know you're not racist.

It probably doesn't.

Ithil

These NXT spoilers are getting me excited but i think i'm gonna stop with these ones. I actually care about NXT!

Any word on who
Captain Comic is? The original guy was let go like a year ago.
Surprised they're going ahead with that gimmick.

And yo Marcus Louis makes sense. Too bad he won't be able to cut double entendre laden promos like that one he did in those practice promos

It's the same guy, Garrett Dylan, he was rehired a few months back.

Here's a look at
Kalisto and El Local
http://i.imgur.com/S7kd1Ii.jpg

Most of this is cool except I could never buy Kid N Play as Tag Champs. At this point it should be DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. Hell, this is pre-Summertime so I'm not getting why they aren't getting a push.

That ending swervage is nuts. What's more crazy is that this PPV takes place on a Wednesday so having the fallout of it on Thunder is genius.

Racism, wrong. But I still laughed though.

Now about that TNA...

strobogo

Banned
If it makes you feel better, I know you're not racist.

It probably doesn't.

It kind of does.

Man, the WCW music collection is SO BAD. I made a post when it came out about how many songs were the dubbed versions or outright completely mislabeled ( like NWO Japan actually being the Jung Dragons, and NBT actually being Lance Storm), but then you listen to them and about 80% sound like they were made with a midi keyboard and mid 90s version of pro tools.

Other examples: 3 Alex Wright themes, none of them the ones he used, at least on a regular basis. Two NBT themes, both ones not used by them. There is also an O'Haire/Jindrak theme that was never used by them. Two versions of Maestro's theme, but both being attributed to Gorgeous George. And it is actually Mr. Wonderful's theme without lyrics and piano added. Which is also included. Konnan's theme...which is an entirely new song with random Konnan drops in it. Eddie's theme and the LWO theme, which is the same piece of music just with an extended opening for the LWO version. Also included is guys who made one or no wrestling appearances for WCW.

I have no idea why they even bothered with this. It seems like it would cost more to make new songs for half the collection than what they could possibly make in people buying it. They didn't even include Disco's, La Parka's, or the Hollywood Blond's theme when they definitely used other stock songs.

Top Bottom