• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Jamie OD

Kerry may not have been the best wrestler, but he had such an awesome moveset. The claw + the discus punch. The discus punch always looked incredible, and his ridiculous arms made the claw look real devastating. I remember not being sure who I wanted to win Perfect vs Texas Tornado because I wanted to see the discus punch, but I wanted to see the perfectplex. Perfect isn't outdone though, his sell of the discus is amazing.
kerryperfectmxjnd.gif

Sorry to taint the concept with this idea but an Iron Claw into the Roaring Elbow would be a great spot for anyone to use nowadays. Chris Hero has a Roaring Elbow heavy moveset right now so it would probably work for him.

Ithil

I guess they'll be building to Takeover from the tapings tomorrow (tonight?), which should be plenty of time. Hope it's good and that they don't feel forced to do Zayn/Cesaro again.

That feud at least in regards to NXT is over, Sami won Cesaro's respect. They will no doubt face each other again eventually on the main roster though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB9OelAaohA
Also, the NXT Divas take over WWE Inbox this week, including the ones not wrestling on TV yet. No Rebecca Knox much to my disappointment, but there's Paige, Bayley, Lana, Sasha Banks, Alexa Bliss, Brandi Rhodes, Devin Taylor, Charlotte, Jojo, Kendall Skye
and Raquel Diaz.

The scripted answers are nonsense but a chance to see some of them talk. Alexa Bliss is charming as hell.

Jamie OD

That feud at least in regards to NXT is over, Sami won Cesaro's respect. They will no doubt face each other again eventually on the main roster though.

I'm expecting Cesaro's return to NXT will be as a surprise tag team partner for Sami during a big feud. Something where Sami says he needs help badly and calls in a favour from an unlikely ally. In comes Cesaro as the big reveal and they kick ass together for one night only.

Kerry may not have been the best wrestler, but he had such an awesome moveset. The claw + the discus punch. The discus punch always looked incredible, and his ridiculous arms made the claw look real devastating. I remember not being sure who I wanted to win Perfect vs Texas Tornado because I wanted to see the discus punch, but I wanted to see the perfectplex. Perfect isn't outdone though, his sell of the discus is amazing.
kerryperfectmxjnd.gif

I don't like the sell cause he jumps the other way.

Showaddy

That video of JBL stripping the NXT title of Paige is so weird after watching RAW.

He's basically running two gimmicks at the moment; fucktard commentary JBL and nice guy NXT general manager JBL.

Ithil

That video of JBL stripping the NXT title of Paige is so weird after watching RAW.

He's basically running two gimmicks at the moment; fucktard commentary JBL and nice guy NXT general manager JBL.

The with and without Vince gimmicks, if you will.

I've been watching NXT since arrival and the first time I saw him there was 2 weeks ago so...
really the only other times i remember him making appearances were:

1. when the Authority called him in to replace Dusty
2. he restarted the Bo/Sami title match when Bo had his feet on the ropes
3. he gave Sami another chance after that

maybe he was in some backstage segments too but i thought they were gonna do an angle with him being the HHH of NXT but i guess not

Rapstah

I've been watching NXT since arrival and the first time I saw him there was 2 weeks ago so...

He's at basically every taping and sometimes apparently does appearances just for the live audience.

Edit: This concept of a mystery ghost NXT taping in January or February (feat. the Rhodes brothers) that never aired scares me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Macho Man/Dusty feud makes me so god damn fucking angry I can't see straight.

You have two of the most charismatic wrestlers of all fucking time in a program together. And you focus on some fat chick who isn't a wrestler and who isn't famous instead of the wrestlers.

Ithil

He's at basically every taping and sometimes apparently does appearances just for the live audience.

Edit: This concept of a mystery ghost NXT taping in January or February (feat. the Rhodes brothers) that never aired scares me.

All that ever aired from that was Adam Rose's debut. Which is a bit annoying because if I recall that's the taping that had the blowoff to Bayley's feud with Charlotte where she got her in a singles match and beat her. So that thread on TV ended up being unresolved instead, even though they'd done a logical build for it for a while.

All that ever aired from that was Adam Rose's debut. Which is a bit annoying because if I recall that's the taping that had the blowoff to Bayley's feud with Charlotte where she got her in a singles match and beat her. So that thread on TV ended up being unresolved instead, even though they'd done a logical build for it for a while.

wait what, that's dumb. especially when they had that Vengeance episode and pretended that Nattie had some longstanding beef with Charlotte

strobogo

Banned
The Macho Man/Dusty feud makes me so god damn fucking angry I can't see straight.

You have two of the most charismatic wrestlers of all fucking time in a program together. And you focus on some fat chick who isn't a wrestler and who isn't famous instead of the wrestlers.

All kinds of 'cism going on here.

So I did some calculating.

WCW: Oct. 11, 1988 - Mar. 26, 2001. 4550 days, or 12 years 5 months 16 days.

TNA started May 10, 2002, and is currently at 4368 days, or 11 years 11 months 15 days. In late October it will have lasted longer than WCW.

The problem is, their TV contract with Spike expires in October. By all accounts they're completely fucked if Spike doesn't resign, and so far they've made no effort.

Why I bring all of this up? Depending on when in October their deal expires, TNA may have the exact same lifespan as WCW. Which may be the funniest thing about the comparisons between the two.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If hating Sapphire makes me cist, then cism me all the way. She's fucking useless. The angle's fuckign useless, and you know what?

Slick fucking sucks. Awful manager. Slick makes Jimmy Hart look like Freddie Blassie. And Tito Santanna? Fucking terrible too. Bad News Brown should give them all ghetto blasters.

strobogo

Banned
If hating Sapphire makes me cist, then cism me all the way. She's fucking useless. The angle's fuckign useless, and you know what?

Slick fucking sucks. Awful manager. Slick makes Jimmy Hart look like Freddie Blassie. And Tito Santanna? Fucking terrible too. Bad News Brown should give them all ghetto blasters.

I'm noticing a trend and it makes me sick.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah guys, sorry. Call it baiting or whatever, but Piper fucking sucks.

He might be the most annoying prick in all of wrestling history. Like his stupid fucking promos with his stupid fucking voices and they all sound the same. So he's not good in the ring or on the stick, what's he bring? He's not intimidating either. He looks like a goof.

Showaddy

I'd never, ever wear that Adam Rose shirt. Neville's aint to bad. I'd buy the Sami Zayn one if it had just the back design on the front, InZayn in awful though.

strobogo

Banned

He might be the most annoying prick in all of wrestling history.

I do agree with you on everything but Tito. Tito was dope. Slick was bad. His lisp was ridiculous for a guy who was supposed to be a mouth piece for people. Sapphire was just...well now that I know Sapphire was a racist term to begin with, Vince putting her on TV and having Heenan/Jesse make fun of her makes more sense. But then years later, they used her in Memphis.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tito wasn't Snuka bad, but he was just boring. His gimmick was beyond boring. His promos were just 'I'm gonna try to win!' like, you're gonna try? His biggest crime was being an albatross around Martel's neck.

Martel should have been a mega star.

My TakeOVER card (I hope)

NXT Championship match: Adrian Neville (c) vs. Sami Zayn
NXT Tag Team title match: The Ascension (c) vs. Jason Jordan and Tye Dillenger
Fatal Four Way for Vacant NXT Women's Title: Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Bayley
Loser Leaves NXT: Bo Dallas vs. Mojo Rawley
Adam Rose vs. Brodus Clay

Rapstah

Botchamania Maffew correctly points out on Twitter that the air raid horn in Cesaro's new song probably is a Perry Saturn reference. This is relevant because his first theme sampled Dean Malenko's theme. It's going to get awkward when they try to get the rest of the references in.

Zach

I never liked Tito as a kid, but watching all of these PPVs really makes me appreciate him. He's a solid worker.

¡Arriba!

strobogo

Banned
His first theme didn't sample anything. It was Dean Malenko's theme with a Swiss rap over it. He should have won the Real American theme from Jack. The new theme is just generic garbage like a WCW theme.

Lol Pee Wee

ibqXxPSOkFmeS5.gif

somedevil

According Pwinsider guess who coming to Raw next week:

Ric Flair has been booked to return to WWE on this coming Monday's RAW from St. Louis.

One would assume that Flair will be getting involved in the Evolution storyline because of his history with the group. As of two weeks ago, the plan was for Flair not to be involved in the reunited Evolution.

I wonder what will happen. Do they trust him enough to keep him on tv?

Heel

He might be the most annoying prick in all of wrestling history. Like his stupid fucking promos with his stupid fucking voices and they all sound the same. So he's not good in the ring or on the stick, what's he bring? He's not intimidating either. He looks like a goof.

I see right through you, Dragonzord.

M5EGBzp.jpg

I guess I'm weird, because I can't watch Botchamania. I just cringe my way through it, like I'm embassarsed for these people fuckin up trying to entertain us. Its just not funny to me.

Rapstah

I have heard Dean Malenko's theme and WWE 2k14 has forced me to hear Cesaro's old music hundreds of times and it's not just a French rap over Malenko's music. They take a small part of the song and repeat it. That's sampling.

Sblargh

Banned
I'd never, ever wear that Adam Rose shirt. Neville's aint to bad. I'd buy the Sami Zayn one if it had just the back design on the front, InZayn in awful though.

Y'all don't have sense of style. The Adam Rose one is actually good for nightclubbing in an impressive right move for the t-shirt department.

Edit: It's also not clear at all it is a wrestling shirt, so people will just think it is something really cool they never heard about because they are not hip enough, and they would be right, wrestling is really cool.

Top Bottom