• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Sephzilla

I'm gonna buy a total of 5 EXTRA copies, just for you.

Obviously I already got five.

you_cant_see_me-42568.gif

You can't see me? More like 5X THE MERCHANDISE!

tumblr_mqh1bxNirt1qkoopko1_400.gif

Ithil

And google indicates the reports are accurate, judging by these house show shots

She's at least dong some sort of flips. I think Naomi is the only flippy Diva in WWE since AJ no longer does high flying moves as a heel, it will be nice to see more.

Bl7JiEKIgAAcWh7.jpg

[/IMG]
Sweet lord, what a stunning woman!

So where did you find the WM 30 costume picture? Is there a group shot of the three of them?

Sblargh

Banned
I'm so goddamn lazy today.

NXT house shows are really indie-like. How do they work, are they not advertised or something? Any city smark crowd would flock to a NXT house show, I think.

I have a confession to make. The "Hard Times" promo? I feel that it is overrated. It's certainly not bad, but it's not as great as people like to think.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
And google indicates the reports are accurate, judging by these house show shots

She's at least dong some sort of flips. I think Naomi is the only flippy Diva in WWE since AJ no longer does high flying moves as a heel, it will be nice to see more.
Kickass.

Heel

I have a confession to make. The "Hard Times" promo? I feel that it is overrated. It's certainly not bad, but it's not as great as people like to think.

I'll try not to hold it against you, friend. Just don't say anything about Ric Flair's golden spoon promo, or we'll have words.

jred2k

I'm pretty excited to see what debuts we get from the NXT tapings tonight. The on-screen roster is getting pretty thin and the last few weeks of the show have been evidence of that.

jred2k

NXT house shows are really indie-like. How do they work, are they not advertised or something? Any city smark crowd would flock to a NXT house show, I think.

They just seem to do smaller towns/cities around southern Florida. It's probably more about getting the roster experience in front of a live crowd than promotion.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Like a loose plastic bag on the street, you question its existence and beauty of it all.
It’s like there’s this incredibly benevolent force that wants me to know there’s no reason to be afraid. Sometimes there’s so much beauty in the world it makes my heart burst.

Ithil

They have a bunch of Florida towns they go to once or twice a week on a rotation. They go to Tampa, Jacksonville etc, but also a bunch of smaller towns. They seem to only aim for about 100 fans in the small arenas but apparently they usually get good hot crowds, I've seen NXT house shows be praised solidly.

Ithil

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/nxt-takeover-wwe-network-may-29-26260442

STAMFORD, Conn. — WWE announced today that NXT Takeover, a live, two-hour action-packed special, will air exclusively on WWE Network on Thursday, May 29 at 8 p.m. ET. Following the success of NXT ArRIVAL, the special will once again showcase the best and brightest from the WWE Performance Center and include appearances by WWE Superstars and Legends.

30 minutes prior to the event, the NXT Takeover pre-show will air at 7:30 p.m. ET and include exclusive interviews and appearances by NXT Superstars, WWE Superstars and Legends.

“As NXT continues to grow in popularity and our fans demand to see more of the next generation of WWE Superstars, we are going to deliver live, in-ring programs featuring up-and-coming talent on WWE Network,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “Our live NXT specials on WWE Network bring out the very best in our performers and make for must-see TV for the WWE Universe."

On February 27, NXT ArRIVAL on WWE Network had 21 worldwide Twitter trends and was No. 3 in overall social mentions for primetime programs on both cable and broadcast. The event had more social mentions than American Idol, the Vikings premiere on History Channel, college basketball on ESPN and Vampire Diaries on CW.

If it's half as good as Arrival it'll be worth sitting there for two hours.

I remember HHH said before Arrival that if it turned out to be a success, they would look into doing quarterly live shows. This seems to fit that time scale of a live show every three months or so, four a year.

Rapstah

I guess they'll be building to Takeover from the tapings tomorrow (tonight?), which should be plenty of time. Hope it's good and that they don't feel forced to do Zayn/Cesaro again.

Sblargh

Banned
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/nxt-takeover-wwe-network-may-29-26260442

If it's half as good as Arrival it'll be worth sitting there for two hours.

I remember HHH said before Arrival that if it turned out to be a success, they would look into doing quarterly live shows. This seems to fit that time scale of a live show every three months or so, four a year.

Oh, happy times!

I wonder what the title means. Mass debuts nexus style? Or just one of those words they like to use because words are cool?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kerry may not have been the best wrestler, but he had such an awesome moveset. The claw + the discus punch. The discus punch always looked incredible, and his ridiculous arms made the claw look real devastating. I remember not being sure who I wanted to win Perfect vs Texas Tornado because I wanted to see the discus punch, but I wanted to see the perfectplex. Perfect isn't outdone though, his sell of the discus is amazing.
kerryperfectmxjnd.gif

strobogo

Banned
Did Michael Buffer ever have a wrestling show where he didn't fuck up? Was he allowed to just say whatever he wanted with no one writing things down for him? He got names, titles, home towns, ref names, and histories wrong consantly.

At Slamboree 1994, he announced Austin as a former world champion (which he stops and appolgizes for), announced Randy Anderson as Randy Peterson. This shit happened every show he did. It makes me think Mike Adamle was a rib on Buffer.

Top Bottom