• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

I was watching the slammy awards 2013 since I wasn't around for that and wanted to see reactions. Bryan gets a damn good match out of Fandango.

He is incredible at somehow making other people look good on the match.

It's almost like he was trained by Shawn Michaels and William Regal, two people great at that stuff.

Heel

A good champion should be able to elevate his opponent, on the mic and in the ring. I don't care if it's Kane, Brodus Clay or Bad Ass Billy Gunn. It's time to show and prove.

KissVibes

Banned
I was watching the slammy awards 2013 since I wasn't around for that and wanted to see reactions. Bryan gets a damn good match out of Fandango.

He is incredible at somehow making other people look good on the match.

Fandango isn't a terrible wrestler by any means.

Pavaloo

The problem isn't Bryan, tho, it's Kane.
Kane is the one that has to appear a monster, Bryan already defeated the entire Evolution at wrestlemania. He doesn't need any more build at this point other than carrying the belts around (at least not for Extreme Rules). Kane is the one that have to sell that he is somehow a threat again.

Which I'm not sure is possible unless the Extreme Rules stip rules favor him in a big way. (even if we know Bryan is going to win, it's that comic book thing of "how will Batman escape this devious trap?")

How quickly you forget Kane very recently did what The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, John Cena, Chris Jericho or Triple H could not do: he destroyed CM Punk and forced him to stay home.

What bigger threat is there?

Sblargh

Banned
Fandango isn't a terrible wrestler by any means.

I honestly couldn't know given what I've seen from him, i.e., mostly comedy matches. Guy is Divas Division level of "let him show what he can do!"

How quickly you forget Kane very recently did what The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, John Cena, Chris Jericho or Triple H could not do: he destroyed CM Punk and forced him to stay home.

What bigger threat is there?

That was Korporate Kane cashing in his PPV bonus.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Outside of the nonsense at the very beginning with Nash and HHH I don't see how CM Punk was damaged at all during his title run. Sure he didn't go on last but was he the biggest deal going on month after month? Yes he was.

So the next PPV event is Extreme Rules which I get as part of my WWE network sub correct? Is there like a list of the major WWE PPV though the year? I know of

Wrestlemania - The BIG one
Royal Rumble - Big 30 man hoe down to decide who competes for the championship at Wrestlemania
Extreme Rules - ????
Summer Slam - Big summer show case...?

Entropia

No One Remembers
So the next PPV event is Extreme Rules which I get as part of my WWE network sub correct? Is there like a list of the major WWE PPV though the year? I know of

Royal Rumble - Big 30 man hoe down to decide who competes for the championship at Wrestlemania
Extreme Rules - ????

Yup, you get all the PPVs with the network.

There are the Big 4: (In order of when they happen in the year)
Royal Rumble -> Wrestlemania -> Summerslam -> Survivor Series

I'd say Survivor Series is falling out of favor due to lack of actual survivor series matches.

All the other PPVs in between are just hour semi-blowoffs for mini-feuds leading up to the big PPVs,

Sblargh

Banned
Fandango is good in the ring and very over with the fans. It's a wonder he isn't pushed more.

They had these little bullet points to check out on the leaked script and one of them was "does the show have humor on it?" or something like that.

That's where his push is, making sure that little box stay ticked.

strobogo

Banned
Damn, brother. I mean, I'm black so you probably don't want to, but if you just wanna talk about it sometimes, hit me up, man.

I like black people. I'm not Fex. I took a second bike ride to get out my anger and sadness instead of turning to booze. Mostly because I'm out of booze and don't feel like going out and getting any.

Extreme Rules - ????

May 4, 2014 Extreme Rules
June 1, 2014 Payback
June 29, 2014 Money in the Bank <--- This is the one you might not know of that should be really good!
July 20, 2014 Battleground
August 17, 2014 SummerSlam
September 21, 2014 Night of Champions
October 26, 2014 Hell in a Cell
November 23, 2014 Survivor Series
December 14, 2014 TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs

Yup, you get all the PPVs with the network.

There are the Big 4: (In order of when they happen in the year)
Royal Rumble -> Wrestlemania -> Summerslam -> Survivor Series

I'd say Survivor Series is falling out of favor due to lack of actual survivor series matches.

All the other PPVs in between are just hour semi-blowoffs for mini-feuds leading up to the big PPVs,

Seems like all the major PPV happen during the spring/summer. Is Survivor Series the big fall/winter even to fill time?

Vylash

oh my god they just replayed that shitty cena segment from last week and fucking matthews said "i think cena is taking bray wyatt seriously"

"When's this guy going to take someone seriously?" - Alex Riley on John Cena.

THANK YOU. Cena can't help but yuck it up. The photoshop promos are the worst.

dream

How awesome would it be if Kane was like I'm going to send Daniel Bryan to the depths of Hell, just like his daddy?

Top Bottom