• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

strobogo

Banned
That moment between the twins was actually emotional. I don't know if that's how their entire life was, but it was really that thing where brothers unite to survive the mistakes of the parents. It's a damn strong connection.

Also, coming from a very heavy catholic background, I can declare Natalya a catholic old lady. Doesn't even matter how old she is, she complains about people being young and happy while being proud of being a boring person while being proud of doing something awkward despiste being a boring person just like every catholic old lady I know.

She's the whitest white person that has ever been white. Sitcom satirical white person. But really that white.

Oh, okay, shit, then I guess we're not past this at all. King even took time off!

To be fair, I think we are in the exact era were stuff like this will happen more. With social media, reality shows, and documentaries about wrestlers, we know all about their lives - more than we ever used to.

Working both bad and good stuff from people real life into their on screen character means it is an all to easy way to draw a reaction nowaday.

I'd argue that based on how the Bryan/HHH angle has worked out recently, it would almost feel wrong for it not to be mentioned as part of Bryan's character.(once everyone involved is okay with it, and made aware beforehand)..

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Jeez. Paul Bearer was in the busisness, you know? They knew him and probably thought it would be ok based on what they knew about it, but goddamn, don't mess with people who is just family of workers.

These are carnies we are talking about. They will say and do anything if they think they can make a buck. King probably was psyched to do it.

kirblar

The courtesy rule of thumb is that if you're going to bring it up, you need the OK of the individual or their family. I recall in both the King/Bearer instances it wasn't an issue.

strobogo

Banned
Happens to me too. I just got done watcikng a good episode of Shield, plus a good episode of Total Divas. I sit down to watch GoT and find out my GIANT 4 QUART TUB of home made salsa was thrown out because it didn't look like something someone else wanted to eat.

What it rains, it pours.

Happens to me too. I just got done watcikng a good episode of Shield, plus a good episode of Total Divas. I sit down to watch GoT and find out my GIANT 4 QUART TUB of home made salsa was thrown out because it didn't look like something someone else wanted to eat.

What it rains, it pours.

Damn, brother. I mean, I'm black so you probably don't want to, but if you just wanna talk about it sometimes, hit me up, man.

Sblargh

Banned
If they let Bryan cut a promo and dedicate that match to his father, I guarantee he'll skyrocket in popularity. Again.

I thought about that, but right after last week's Warrior tribute? It's too much death and real life sadness to something that is supposed to be dumb fun entertainment.

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/straight-shooters-with-lambda-p/2014/4/21/ufc-on-fox-11

idWY54xKuyZyY.gif

iy0HfSYuIlF7.gif

ib2vVxhX0mX1r8.gif

Werdum is my candidate for sports entertainer of the year.

He insists on appearing tonight. In a feud with a demon from hell is a little awkward. Hopefully they don't push any storyline with him tonight.

somedevil

He insists on appearing tonight. In a feud with a demon from hell is a little awkward. Hopefully they don't push any storyline with him tonight.

They have to push him tonight to get his storyline hot for the pay per view. There are people afraid of title run already because of how high profile the shield vs evolution match is and fear that he is already playing second fiddle.

He has to have a big angle to quiet this idea because he is facing Kane.

They have to push him tonight to get his storyline hot for the pay per view. There are people afraid of title run already because of how high profile the shield vs evolution match is and fear that he is already playing second fiddle.

He has to have a big angle to quiet this idea because he is facing Kane.

Yeah, even Meltzer, who was down after it looked like Bryan/Kane after last week's Raw said he isn't going to make judgement until after tonight. They have to do something big if they want to dispel fears of a crummy title run.

jmdajr

That's how life is isn't' it? When you are riding high, and think things can't get better, something happens to knock you dawn hard and remind you how cruel this life can be.
No doubt man. Can't take anything for granted. Luckily father saw him on top of the world.

Sblargh

Banned
The problem isn't Bryan, tho, it's Kane.
Kane is the one that has to appear a monster, Bryan already defeated the entire Evolution at wrestlemania. He doesn't need any more build at this point other than carrying the belts around (at least not for Extreme Rules). Kane is the one that have to sell that he is somehow a threat again.

Which I'm not sure is possible unless the Extreme Rules stip rules favor him in a big way. (even if we know Bryan is going to win, it's that comic book thing of "how will Batman escape this devious trap?")

jmdajr

I thought about that, but right after last week's Warrior tribute? It's too much death and real life sadness to something that is supposed to be dumb fun entertainment.
Wrestling always has a foot in reality. That's what makes it so unique. It's always both at once.

Kane is the one that has to appear a monster, Bryan already defeated the entire Evolution at wrestlemania. He doesn't need any more build at this point other than carrying the belts around (at least not for Extreme Rules). Kane is the one that have to sell that he is somehow a threat again.

Which I'm not sure is possible unless the Extreme Rules stip rules favor him in a big way. (even if we know Bryan is going to win, it's that comic book thing of "how will Batman escape this devious trap?")

I Quit? I'm trying to figure out what they could do beyond "Extreme Rules Match"

Guy with Liu Kang avatar said:
You're too optimistic. They seriously put the belt on Bryan in one of the most triumphant comeback stories ever just to fight Kane, the guy who he had a match with on Raw like a month ago and actually got "boring" chants.

Yeah but they're repackaging Kane with the mask and as the "unstoppable big red monster" so they're at least TRYING instead of just having Bryan fight corporate fucking kane again. The problem isn't Kane necessarily, the problem is that this was their best option.

Vylash

Do we? Do we really?

file_270835_0_Dolph_Ziggler_New.png

somedevil

I Quit? I'm trying to figure out what they could do beyond "Extreme Rules Match"

Yeah but they're repackaging Kane with the mask and as the "unstoppable big red monster" so they're at least TRYING instead of just having Bryan fight corporate fucking kane again. The problem isn't Kane necessarily, the problem is that this was their best option.

Its either going to be extreme rules or a last man standing match. It isn't going to be a straight match.

Cagey

Banned
Yeah, even Meltzer, who was down after it looked like Bryan/Kane after last week's Raw said he isn't going to make judgement until after tonight. They have to do something big if they want to dispel fears of a crummy title run.

The smark fans will expect the worst regarding Daniel Bryan, always.

When the worst doesn't happen, they will say "yeah I bet they'll fuck it up tho". When the worst does happen, they will say "see I told you they'd fuck it up".

New network show best of hall of fame

**The WWE will debut a new show entitled “Best of Hall of Fame” starting Tuesday night at 10pm ET on the WWE Network featuring past Hall of Fame induction speeches with the following lineup for this week:
*Tuesday – Hulk Hogan inducted by Sylvester Stallone (2005), Trish Stratus inducted by Stephanie McMahon (2013) and Bobby Heenan inducted by Jack Lanza (2004)
*Wednesday – Pete Rose inducted by Kane (2004 and the reason Mr. T refused to go into the Hall of Fame for year up this year), Ric Flair inducted by Triple H (2008)
*Thursday – Gene Okerlund inducted by Hulk Hogan (2006) and Shawn Michaels inducted by Triple H (2011)
*Friday – Jerry Lawler inducted by William Shatner (2007) and Bruno Sammartino inducted by Arnold Schwarzenegger (2013)

somedevil

Remember that time Bray Wyatt beat Daniel Bryan? Like really cleanly?

seems so long ago now

Yes, I remember that match helped greatly in his rise to where he is now. Before that match people doubted if he could bring it in the ring and he proved them wrong.

When the worst doesn't happen, they will say "yeah I bet they'll fuck it up tho". When the worst does happen, they will say "see I told you they'd fuck it up".

Its just people have fears of how they messed up Punk's, Rey's and Noob Saibot runs after they won the title.

Fuckkkkkk i just finished watching Warrior and wiped off my tears. Then to come back here to find out Bryan's dad passed away! Too many tears this month man. :'(

I hope he was at Mania because i only noticed his mom and sis there.

Sblargh

Banned
An I Quit match with a guy who knows over 300 submission holds. I mean, they can forget it and try to make Bryan look like he only has the knee and the high flying stuff, but he did became champion using a submission hold.

Cage match seems all right. Matches involving chairs and kendo stick are pointless, but that won't prevent them from doing it. Kendo stick is like, the anti-wrasslin' weapon, it's the one thing that causes more pain than it looks.

I still think the best bet is a falls count anywhere with lots of "Big Guy throws Little Guy around like a rag doll through stuff" spots.

Eh, it's more that we've seen it all before so it's difficult to feel otherwise.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Yes, I remember that match helped greatly in his rise to where he is now. Before that match people doubted if he could bring it in the ring and he proved them wrong.

Jury is still out on that. The match with Cena was pretty dull and the one with Roman Reigns was absolutely awful.

Its just people have fears of how they messed up Punk's, Rey's and Noob Saibot runs after they won the title.

And Chris Jericho, the first undisputed champion to never get a clean win over anybody important during his reign and played second fiddle to Stephanie's dog in the build to Wrestlemania. And then lost 3 straight PPVs to HHH.

Sblargh

Banned
I was watching the slammy awards 2013 since I wasn't around for that and wanted to see reactions. Bryan gets a damn good match out of Fandango.

He is incredible at somehow making other people look good on the match.

Top Bottom