• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Big One

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why announcers who are ex-wrestlers and still well-built do nothing when a wrestler tears their table apart? Jus tone of my own pet-peeves with wrestling.

Kai

This booking is obviously to give Daniel tonight and maybe the next week or so off due to his father passing away.

Some people should realize that this angle is serving the greater purpose to honestly give Daniel time to mourn his dad irl.

Should have sent out Horace Hogan.

Horace_Hogan.jpg

dream

I understand the guy lost his father today, but there had to be a better way to write him off the show.

Yes, I think WWE just lost the opportunity to get major heel heat on someone by having them reference the death. Imagine if Kane said "say hi to your dad for me" before the last tombstone.

Ultratech

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why announcers who are ex-wrestlers and still well-built do nothing when a wrestler tears their table apart? Jus tone of my own pet-peeves with wrestling.

I take it they don't want none of that.

That's just asking for a beating. (Or so I figure.)

That would have been better if Steph was really sarcastic that whole time.

Now this would've been pretty funny.

Great angle. Makes Bryan want to get revenge and fans want to see Kane get his ass kicked. Plus gives Bryan a reason to go home and be with his family this week.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

same reason why when a wrestler puts on a ref shirt, a slight shove knocks them out for 10 minutes.

Plot

Sanjuro

I'm not giving DB any shit, but he seemed like the type that would have a "Brett Favre" performance out there on RAW in the wake of his father passing, then maybe go absent for a week or two.

I figured that would be the route they would have taken.

I'm intrigued by this idea of Kane in "demon form" - presumably his other form is "corporate form", but are there more forms? Also, how do you go about switching him from one form to another? I'd like to think Steph, Trips & Vince have to go through some ridiculous occult ritual to make it happen.

Damn, someone give me the book.

Well, that makes sense, considering Daniel was likely not in any condition to perform tonight.

I mean, Good lord, the guy in the last two weeks has won the world title, gotten married, and lost both his childhood hero and his father. That's gotta weigh heavy on him. So don't let him talk, and write him out of the show.

Steph was terrible, but it also makes Kane look like a legit monster heel in a very quick fashion, which is what you need to do if you're suppose to have people buy into him being a challenge for a guy who just beat Evolution at WM.

Top Bottom