• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

I seriously want an Archer bobblehead. Can someone link me twitter accounts of people who I should bother to make it happen? I just emailed FX, now to harass anyone else who will listen

I seriously want an Archer bobblehead. Can someone link me twitter accounts of people who I should bother to make it happen? I just emailed FX, now to harass anyone else who will listen
I'd hit up @ArcherFX, @pamsgossiptrain, @codenameduchess, and @KriegerSignals. You can also pester @archerprod and @aishatyler.

Ashhong

ty, can anybody else interested in a bobblehead do the same? They have some for Always Sunny, hopefully they will make archer ones. I'm going to link that car gif so they can see how awesome it would be

ibmmNMgpKYJkOc.gif
Oh god, I'm so oblivious that I missed all these innuendos when I watched the episode...

Except for the last one, that was pretty plain lol

I thought the worst part of the episode was Luke explaining the single same-sex attraction thing. That whole spiel was a drag, and came off as forced. The rest was pretty good.

This, more than anything else, was the most 1996 thing about the whole episode. It felt like something Olyphant's agent made them put in the script. Not that that's what happened, of course, but that's what it felt like. Like the stories you hear about Chris Tucker being apprehensive about Roddy Rodd in Fifth Element, etc. It's like, so last century.

I can't even count the number of times I died laughing in the last episode. I think the voice mail message gag(s) got me the most. So classic Archer. One of the best long running jokes IMO.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So how long until Archer does something to disable Ray again?

Great episode. Loved the callbacks to Conway and the vacuum cleaner.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
A maximum overdrive reference, thank you so much :)

A golden movie of the eighties.

Red

Krieger used to be my favorite character, but it's a less is more kind of thing. He was funniest in the first two seasons... Started to drop off around the time his wife was introduced.

My favorite line by him remains "... He'd suffocate."

A+ episode. A politically incorrect laugh right. I actually didn't want to see another episode of them outside of the confines of their office, so having the entire crew stuck there while Krieger built his monster out of Ray was a great swerve. I got my wish about having more time spent with Krieger and it was a joy to watch. There isn't enough praise for how Adam Reed can work in what appears to be a throwaway reference to "Terminator" and then end up providing us with the payoff we get at the end. That's true creative genius.

A maximum overdrive reference, thank you so much :)

A golden movie of the eighties.

I love Maximum Overdrive and its AC/DC soundtrack.

Tokubetsu

Wenis and I actually re-watched Maximum Overdrive like eight months ago simply because we brought up how it was one of those weird films from your childhood you could never really forget. That goblin truck man! Loved that reference on last nights episode.

Red

I liked almost everything about the episode except the VA for the doctor in the vacuum flashback. He beat out the squeaky-voiced "Barry has a plan" guy from last season as the show's most terrible actor.

I actually didn't think that scene was very funny after the initial callback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom