• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are the South Park boys nerds?

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
They certainly have an interest in nerdy hobbies.

Such as MMORPGS

The Lord of the Rings:

Warhammer 40k

Magic the Gathering

Dungeons and Dragons:

LARPING

Honestly, these guys would have been my friends when I was a kid.

Rockondevil

I think that’s just your average 10 year old.

However maybe I’m just seeing myself as a kid and there actually were cool 10 year olds.

YCoCg

Matt and Trey are nerds so yes, it comes through on the show, they've always been making good episodes, remember the "Brack Friday Bunduru" console war episodes about PS4 Vs Xbox One? The Guitar Hero episode with the spin off game Heroin Hero? Even the latest specials had female Cartman work on a plan to get a powerful enough computer to run Baldurs Gate 3 at maximum settings.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Well, here's Trey Parker's top-10 boardgames.

They also did a lot of parodied Dice Tower inserts in an episode around that time.

YCoCg

Damn this has reminded me of an episode which had Rock Band in it where Cartman was singing Poker Face:

Which lead to the song being added to Rock Band DLC not long after:

Even before that they had this as DLC from an episode where Timmy joins Battle of the Bands:

Codes 208

Theyre one of the only sitcoms that not only parodies games and gamers but does it accurately.

Make love, not warcraft is still one of their best episodes ever. Along with good times with weapons, which itself is a very weeb/nerd-centric episode

Last edited:

violence

You could argue they’re just kids and not technically nerds till they keep liking their childish things later on in life.

Top Bottom