• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arizona only: $20 for year's worth of Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee ($500 value)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
this is why america is fat lol

http://www.kold.com/story/14626529/get-a-years-worth-of-krispy-kreme-donuts-for-20

The following is a release from Krispy Kreme:

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - This Friday, May 13, 2011 marks the three-year anniversary of Krispy Kreme's return to Arizona, and the milestone will be celebrated with a back-by-popular-demand special offer – the 365 card (a card good for a FREE doughnut and FREE coffee every day for a year)!

The three-year anniversary offer is a flat $20 investment valued at $519.50. The three-day (Friday through Sunday) offer includes three dozen glazed doughnuts and a 365 card.

"With last year's 365 cards about to expire, people keep asking if a new one will be offered. While it wasn't necessarily in the plans, the overwhelming request couldn't be ignored," said Doughnut Dan Brinton, franchisee for Krispy Kreme Arizona.

Einbroch

Banned
Arizona's trying to become the new Texas, eh?

Still though, for the coffee alone that's an amazing deal. Grab a coffee on the way to work for $0.07.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
wienke said:
I can't be the only one who thinks that their donuts are just....okay.
I don't think they are the bees knees either. Though I don't really like sweets in general.

Recarpo

This state is crazy as hell sometimes and then they go and do something like this and totally redeem themselves.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Their donuts are completely disgusting. Sugar and grease, that's all they are. I get donuts from a local bakery that realizes they should still have a bread quality to them.

Wow, how is that even remotely good from a business p.o.v. Even in factory prices, they can't possibly break even on this deal. And it's not like you're gaining customers, because you've basically "lost" a paying customer for a whole year...unless they assume people buy extra stuff next to their free donut/coffee.

Awesome though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I guess the part I really don't get is that people put these things on a pedestal but its like, if I'm going to eat dessert for breakfast, I'm going to have a slice of chocolate cake or something.

For breakfast though, chocolate chip muffins > donuts. I can at least sorta convince myself that a chocolate chip muffin isn't pure dessert. Sorta.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I am sad that there isn't a Krispy Kreme for hundreds of miles. Fresh Krispy Kremes are fucking amazing.

Souldriver said:
Wow, how is that even remotely good from a business p.o.v. Even in factory prices, they can't possibly break even on this deal. And it's not like you're gaining customers, because you've basically "lost" a paying customer for a whole year...unless they assume people buy extra stuff next to their free donut/coffee.

Awesome though.

They're banking on the fact that people will only use it once or twice a week.

Koomaster

Souldriver said:

Awesome though.
Get 'em hooked, keep 'em coming back. Plus it's very doubtful these people are going to redeem the donut/coffee every day of the year. Plus you might get people who buy these donut plans for their whole family, and again, not all of them is going to collect every day. They are losing out, but not as much as you imagine. Plus again, sometimes you can get your free donut, but want an extra dozen to take home, may as well since you are there already.

Also this isn't completely unhealthy if you walk down to Krispy Kreme everyday for your donut/coffee and then walk home. :p *lookin on the bright side*

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
wienke said:
I can't be the only one who thinks that their donuts are just....okay.

You're not the only one. I like my donuts to actually taste like donuts. Not covered in a slab of frosting and oil.

kamspy

wenis said:
You're not the only one. I like my donuts to actually taste like donuts. Not covered in a slab of frosting and oil.

fuck that. these are doughnuts evolved. why we still got non krispy kremes?

desertdroog

Like:
White on rice.
Flies on shit.
In like sin.

I'm on this!

The mismanagement of the original Krispy Kreme AZ franchise was as hilarious as it was saddening.

I thought you could get a free donut a day just by walking in the place. Do they no longer give out one glazed donut to every customer in line?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
kamspy said:
fuck that. these are doughnuts evolved. why we still got non krispy kremes?
Sorry to tell ya, but you should have used an Everstone.

ETVac.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom