• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

mojo2

Neo Member
I played for an hour at night (EU) and got my face smashed in. Every match. In Testpunch I dominated. This isn't what I signed for.

images

Everyone owned me by jumping around furiously and bitch slapping with salamander and that other boomerangy thing. Damn.

zenspider

Anybosy know how the point system in Skill Shot works? I had most of the targets and the lead, then getting knocked down in the last few seconds was worth 950pts!?

Not sure if it's on my head, but this feels better than the Testpunch.

AEREC

Really digging it so far but it would have been nice if they at least put in a story mode, not like injsutice, but traditional fighting arcade modes where you get a comic panel or brief movie after finishing Grand Prix with a character.

renzolama

I was having the same issue. This post helped:

I just focus on hitting the other player in the face the entire match. I usually win because he's been getting beat around with no time to hit targets, but I've hit at least a decent amount of them while firing my fists through them towards his face.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, I aim for the face

molnizzle

I just focus on hitting the other player in the face the entire match. I usually win because he's been getting beat around with no time to hit targets, but I've hit at least a decent amount of them while firing my fists through them towards his face.

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, I aim for the face

Yeah, that's not the optimal strategy. Gotta get targets, face is just a bonus if you combo.

Played 2 matches online and got my ass beat by somebody with the hair chick. I haven't been following this game at all, so I went into the grand prix to get some gear and unlock ranked.

Man that took me a whole hour.
I thought there was a 3rd form of the last boss, got so upset lol

Having fun, feels way more challenging than the beta led on.

DrDogg

I think the Skate Park is easily the worst stage in the game. Movement is messed up, the "skates" just act as shields and allow people to run all day with an extra layer of defense. It's terrible.

How do you aim your ultimate punches at a dashing target?

I just fought a bunch of rounds with a guy who dodged every single time I popped it. I was careful to only pop it when he was in air or had a punch out too. No matter what, he just repeatedly dodged to the left and never got it. I tried the same against him and got nailed every time. WTF?

Sounds like lag, honestly.

Versus mode. 1v1. Infinite time, infinite health, infinite rush. You can tell the AI to do just about anything. You're welcome.

Ribbon girl is absurdly hard to hit. Can only win by time out

You can only make the AI dodge or do nothing. It's pretty bad.

After the E3 tournament and seeing how fast-paced this game can be, I actually really want it (seriously, Nintendo should rely on videos like that for advertising more than the super slow stuff they show in directs). Conveniently enough, my girlfriend just bought a Switch. I'd really love to buy it and play with her... but I just keep remembering that I'd need to pay $60 for the game + $80 for a new set of joycons. This game looks great, but I don't think it's $140 + tax great.

The O.T. is kind of torturing me right now, tbh. I wish I had the money to job into this at launch.

MrBS

Just fired this up on the bus from work, I cannot play this without motion controls, looks like I'm waiting to I get home. Motion controls for life.

jwk94

Yo, why is this game so hard?? I'm getting my ass kicked on Rank 3. I was originally going on Rank 4 but I couldn't beat the first fight (Mechanics vs. Master Mummy) =(

mojo2

Neo Member
Yo, why is this game so hard?? I'm getting my ass kicked on Rank 3. I was originally going on Rank 4 but I couldn't beat the first fight (Mechanics vs. Master Mummy) =(

I know. The good thing is, it keeps you away from the true humiliation that is the online play :/

Top Bottom