• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

JonnyKong

Yo, why is this game so hard?? I'm getting my ass kicked on Rank 3. I was originally going on Rank 4 but I couldn't beat the first fight (Mechanics vs. Master Mummy) =(

I really struggled last night on level 3, managed to get to round 5 and had to stop.

Very embarrassing.

I can't ever see myself unlocking ranked mode.

Pastry

Banned
Game is so much fun. Just hit level 3 in ranked.

At what level in ranked do you start losing points toward your next level? So far a loss doesn't drop you any points.

Pastry

Banned
Yo, why is this game so hard?? I'm getting my ass kicked on Rank 3. I was originally going on Rank 4 but I couldn't beat the first fight (Mechanics vs. Master Mummy) =(

I think the heavy characters are probably more difficult to play, maybe try someone lighter and once you're better use a heavy in Grand Prix?

JJShadow

Game is so much fun. Just hit level 3 in ranked.

At what level in ranked do you start losing points toward your next level? So far a loss doesn't drop you any points.

I'm rank 5 and I'm losing like a 5-10% of rank points per loss, so even if you lose 5 and win 1 you will still rank up

Pastry

Banned
Anyone figure out if it's better to hoard your money and use it on one of the longer timers for the game where you get more arms?

Skyzard

Banned
The thread title alone made me consider buying the console.

lol yeah, it's a great title!

How are people finding the singleplayer grand prix mode? OP says it's just 10 rounds...does it feel like a punch out sort of deal or more like a tekken arcade mode? Are the fights really good and quite unique?

DrDogg

Just stop attacking first. Let the AI attack first, dodge, then counter attack.

Got my yellow Joy Cons and a copy of the game at Bic, excited to get my ass kicked :^D

Gonna spend a lot of time playing offline and getting my bearings before heading online.

Just stop attacking first. Let the AI attack first, dodge, then counter attack.

This is seriously the best advice. Also:

-rock Ninjara (invincible evade, fast default arms) for a little more room.

-change arms to counter the CPU's setup

-Mummy's guard heal is too weak to make it worth it and super armor doesn't reduce damage

atr0cious

My arms are so sore. Got tilted by the end of the night, but can see I was​ making progress before my mind stopped working. A couple weeks and it should be a lot easier to throw out what I want, but actually thinking about the arms trajectory and your positioning is a lot tougher than I expected. Especially with kid Cobra, who's dash is a skill gap all its own.

SaiyanRaoh

Should one bother with this with if they have no intention on playing online. Is there enough for single player to get by?
I love fighting games but I don't do well competitively.

Took me long enough to beat the first fight on level 4 in Grand Prix (Mechanica)

Required A LOT of readjustment of my tactics. Now to die at the next fight 👊

ckfy63a

Is the song from the January reveal trailer in the OST? I couldn't find it with a Youtube search, and I actually prefer that version to the later one. I can't find a clean rip of it anywhere...

jwk94

I really struggled last night on level 3, managed to get to round 5 and had to stop.

Very embarrassing.

I can't ever see myself unlocking ranked mode.
I had to fight the final boss a few times before I beat him. Idk how I'm gonna get ranked either.

jwk94

Should one bother with this with if they have no intention on playing online. Is there enough for single player to get by?
Right now, I would say no. Single player content is just playing grand Prix with any character and then going to unlock more arms. You can also do versus cpu or another player. If the game let you freely access the mini games that would be nice, but yeah, very very light on single player stuff.

jdstorm

Banned

Do you have friends to play with locally? If yes, you should buy it as a party game. If no, then wait until more of the free DLC drops before deciding.

Was learning Byte & Barq while dabbling in ranked finally and was getting my butt handed to me. Channeled my inner Mr. Yabuki, switched to Twintelle, and went on a lovely streak in ranked. Parasols are my anti-lamer Grabjaras. :)

Also turned on my workout activity on my Apple Watch and clocked in 1085 active calories in 2 1/2 hours. Not bad.

How is this handled? Do you still get the win or does it just reset and is open to abuse?

I guess I need to boot up the final game to see if there's any differences, but WTF is the point in rage quitting a 99 second (max) game?

Both my quits were when I had a significant life lead in the winning round from people that were higher rank than me (like 3 & 4). I was expecting to get the points and a message saying you won as their characters just flop and die after the disconnect like in Party Mode during the testpunch, but I just got the connection error message. My connection is pretty solid as well.

Got to Tier 3 after a winning streak with my first couple ranked matches, and now I'm back at Tier 1. lmao

Haha is the game that frustrating to you?

LOL people rage quit on me. I'll take my lickings, but won't intentionally cut it off if i'm losing.

Well you can save your progress through GrandPrix, awesome

Also this replay feature with slow mo and different angles is actually helping me learn where I was hasty or slow to react or did a bad read. Very cool.

Shahadan

Party mode is online but separate from the competitive stuff.
There are modes there that help newbies to defeat even good players

Really digging it so far but it would have been nice if they at least put in a story mode, not like injsutice, but traditional fighting arcade modes where you get a comic panel or brief movie after finishing Grand Prix with a character.

Yeah, got in some time on it and I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this for a while, but I wish we got that. :)

scottnak

I think Party mode is enough for me.
Really feels awesome when you identify a throw-spammer and then utterly counter him for the rest of the match. Mwahaha

As for Grand Prix, owned at 4... even had to continue a few times when I dropped to 2... T.T

Top Bottom