• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Zen Aku

Unless STAR Labs prison security is as terrible as security everywhere else in that building.

Later you find out that all the villains in STAR labs prison actually break out on a regular basis and go grab whatever food they want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But they still come back just in time for Big Belly Burger.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The streak continues with a strong return episode.

They seem to know where they need to go with Curtis. Just give us the damn t-spheres, already.

I thought it was pretty clever to get the DA involved with Diggle and I'm looking forward to seeing where that story line goes. My secret hope is that it makes it all the way up to the President and they're all like, "Wait, aren't you John Diggle, the dude who helped save the entire fucking planet? Clemency granted."

Wild Dog continues to be such a surprisingly lovable character.

More Black Siren, please.

I thought Felicity was used pretty well this episode and really played to her strengths.

Iffy:

New Black Canary. I see this is why they were teasing Hub City. I'm hoping they do something good and interesting with this.

ZeroX03

Banned
That was a good episode. I was a bit worried they were going heavy on emo Felicity and Curtis, probably the weakest characters right now, but Felicity was vindicated if not reckless and Curtis is finally realizing that he's a tech based hero. T-Spheres time.

Talia looks good. No idea what to make of new Canary. That seems pretty flippant for a series with multiple Laurels, an infinite timeline of Saras and also Evelyn that one time. Had no desire for a Black Siren redemption arc, but it seems a lot of people are disappointed it's not happening.

No idea what to make of new Canary. That seems pretty flippant for a series with multiple Laurels, an infinite timeline of Saras and also Evelyn that one time. Had no desire for a Black Siren redemption arc, but it seems a lot of people are disappointed it's not happening.

Only thing I can think of as a possible swerve is that Tina is an AU Dinah, using the same face changer tech HR is using on Flash because Ollie outed her on this Earth.

But she's probably just an OC that they want to make their new Canary.

ZeroX03

Banned
They're kinda screwed regarding the Canary. Some fans love Laurel, others REALLY despise her. There seems to be a good deal of Black Siren fans. Others don't want Katie Cassidy at all. Sara is doing her own thing but still has a Canary title, plays well with Oliver and is the Earth's #1 female hero. You introduce a new one and the other fan bases are annoyed and it's very contingent on how much they like the new one. Comic purists will want a Canary and obviously that isn't what Olicity people want. No easy answer with the character. No way to tell a story that can satisfy the majority of viewers. Not even satisfy, just not piss off.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- Damn, Team Arrow caught on quickly. That's gotta be a doppelganger reveal record
- I keep thinking this Bratva dude should be in a wheelchair. He'll always be Cousin Johnny from Justified to me.
- Black Siren is too hot. Good lord.
- I know Chase is a crazy Vigilante, but I still kinda like him.
- The cheap ass statue is gone. Yes!
- "I just got my ass kicked for the bazillionth the time." Lol, are the Arrow writers watching this thread?
- Felicity's plan was really smart. She's finally the brain of Team Arrow again!
- Another Black Canary...Eh...I don't know about that.

Kard8p3

After that Wild Dog and Curtis scene, I'm expecting them to hook up tbh.

edit: Chase is fucking awesome, and I'm happy to have Katie Cassidy back.

j0hnnix

Black Siren is the superior Laurel.

giphy.gif

Good ep and a much better return than the other DC shows IMO.
As for Black Siren \ Black Canary they going to piss off part of the fan base no matter what they do .
So i just going to see how things play out .

Joni

Later you find out that all the villains in STAR labs prison actually break out on a regular basis and go grab whatever food they want for breakfast, lunch and dinner. But they still come back just in time for Big Belly Burger.

It is the only way to explain the toilet situation.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The weirdest thing about this episode is you can tell that the writers want to do something but are being cautious. The seeds for a Black Siren redemption arc have been planted, we just don't know if they'll water them. Oliver specifically mentioning that Siren is being kept at an ARGUS facility nearby seems like a unnecessary bit of dialogue unless you plan on using her again. But then the introduction of another Black Canary makes me think they're just completely moving on. Yeah, the new Canary essentially replaces Artemis but you gotta figure that closes the door on the latter's redemption arc. Or at least to the extent that she'd be on Team Arrow again.

There is no way the team is going to be Oliver, Diggle, Wild Dog, Ragman, New Canary, Artemis, Mr Terrific, OG Canary, and sometimes Thea. Like half those people are either getting put down or going into vigilante retirement. AND THEN on top of that they're making Chase less of a complete asshole, so maybe even he could be turned around.

Nyanmaruz

Another Canary...ugh. She doesn't even have the looks right.
After such a solid first half of a season, I fear that Arrow might just be about to take another nosedive again.

ZeroX03

Banned
AV Club Review: A-

Also how great were Adrian and Wild Dog this episode? They're getting really good at using Rene's act first, think second attitude to add humors, push characters and break tension.
I love Roy but I wish they used him more like this.

AV Club Review: A-

Also how great were Adrian and Wild Dog this episode? They're getting really good at using Rene's act first, think second attitude to add humors, push characters and break tension.
I love Roy but I wish they used him more like this.

Roy didn't get to shine until the Brick Arc and then the episode where he put himself in jail.

He mainly just got neutered in S3 and lost all of his edge.

tim1138

This was the first episode of this season that was so so for me. The B stories with Curtis and Wild Dog and Dig and Chase were great but I wasn't really feeling the Black Siren/Felicity stuff in the main story. It was still worlds better than anything last season, but not as good as the front half of the season.

strafer

Hot Diggity damn...Arrow man. <3

Laurel with that nosering was strangely erotic.

Please have more Katie. Please.

Also I thought that was Katie in the bar at the end.

GulAtiCa

I def want more Katie Cassidy around. I'd be OK with NuCanary and Laurel becoming some kind of goodish Black Siren take and showing up occasionally.

Xenoboy

I'll say this again as I said it last year on the Flash thread, Black Siren is hot.
I love how they have Curtis realize that he sucks ass at fighting.
Adrian is the underappreciated character this season, you don't know when he's gonna go completely insane, could happen any moment.

All in all, this was a really good week for CWerse. I liked Flash slightly better, but this one was really good too.

Ithil

I knew they were doing the "Curtis is useless" thing intentionally. Building up to him switching to a gadget based hero instead.

What is this show's obsession with Infinite Canaries? Time to move on. This felt like a Jump the Shark moment for me. Yes there were some nice scenes, but it felt like the overall plotline is just spinning its wheels.

ZeroX03

Banned
What is this show's obsession with Infinite Canaries? Time to move on. This felt like a Jump the Shark moment for me. Yes there were some nice scenes, but it felt like the overall plotline is just spinning its wheels.

Comic purists need a Canary with their Green Arrow.

Again I really feel that the reaction to this and the next few episodes are going to be based on how that person feels about Canaries. There's no winning with everyone here.

carlsojo

That was a great episode, I don't know how they can keep up this crazy good quality so many episodes in a row. They handled like four different plotlines really, really well.

Black Siren having knowledge of Sara and time travel plus all the other details she knew really just helps cement my theory that Prometheus is Connor Hawke from Star City 2046.

KonradLaw

So glad the streak didn't end after the break was over.
Another awesome episode. Really enjoyed that they didn't drag out the Black Siren reveal and Laurel is so much more fun as villain than as one of the good guys.

And lol...Star Labs security :D Flash just takes all the Ls this season :D

KonradLaw

Too bad Oliver can't call Matt Murdock.

Good for him. Matt Murdock is literally is the worst lawyer on TV. :D
Oliver should just call Tommy, who's in wit-sec protection, living as a doctor in Chicago right now. Because I hear that Apollo Creed has opened up a law firm in his neighbour ;)

Effect

Reddit mostly seems to be annoyed that Black Siren isn't around to stay.

Which is understandable. I want Katie back full time and not some new replacement Black Canary. The only saving grace of that part of the story is that it's not going to be Felicity. Last season the writers would have certainly done that bs. If anything the end of the episode was a let down but it was pretty strong before that happen. I'm also really enjoying the development of both Wild Dog and Curtis. I don't want to call him Mr. Terrific until I see some damn T-Spheres or some proto-version of them.

Top Bottom