• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Joni

You know, I hope every season has a moment like this. One of Oliver's teammates gets their ass handed to them, Oliver or another person finishes the bad guy off, and the never acknowledge that they just left their teammate behind.
They should do a funeral, with the guy there standing being ignored.

Bluth54

I'm honestly surprised that Arrow is allowed to use Talia al Ghul, I figured she was too much of a Batman character to be allowed by WB. I'm interested to see what they do with her and the League now that the show is decent.

Arrow 10 for 10... Arrow been on point this season...I hope they keep it up...

Rest of DC..
lagging behind, Flash S3 is Arrow S3 bad...Supergirl S2 a lot better than 1. DC also improved over S1..

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm honestly surprised that Arrow is allowed to use Talia al Ghul, I figured she was too much of a Batman character to be allowed by WB. I'm interested to see what they do with her and the League now that the show is decent.

After Nyssa and Ra's why wouldn't they have Talia? The movies won't be using her anytime soon.

Bluth54

After Nyssa and Ra's why wouldn't they have Talia? The movies won't be using her anytime soon.

WB has always been pretty protective of Batman characters, but I guess they have been less restrictive with the DC TV shows lately, During the first season of Supergirl I figured we never would have seen Superman on the show the way we did during the first two episodes in this season of Supergirl.

Joni

WB has always been pretty protective of Batman characters, but I guess they have been less restrictive with the DC TV shows lately, During the first season of Supergirl I figured we never would have seen Superman on the show the way we did during the first two episodes in this season of Supergirl.
They are still protective. They just don't care about Al Ghul because they had such a presence on the previous movies so they won't use them in the current set.

Jonogunn

So Siren's scream can break glass and knock ppl back and be mildly annoying to the ears but everyone walks away from it afterwards no problem without hearing problems or anything

Ithil

Arrow 10 for 10... Arrow been on point this season...I hope they keep it up...

Rest of DC..
lagging behind, Flash S3 is Arrow S3 bad...Supergirl S2 a lot better than 1. DC also improved over S1..

Streak's at 10-0 right now

showbiz-wrestlemania-the-undertaker-ric-flair.jpg

Effect

I wish they would've brought Valentina/Stephanie Cornliussen back.

I like Stephanie Cornliussen, she should get more work.

Why'd you have to post this. Now I can't stop looking at this. Those eyes and lips! I keep hoping she's still alive. It is a comicbook show and we do have time travel and alternate Earths. Even with that there was no body.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Keep the streak going!

Promo Spoiler:
I could see things breaking down next week with Nu Canary. That feels like an extremely polarizing move. I hated the stinger but I dug her in the extended promo. We'll see

ZeroX03

Banned
New. Episode. Tonight.

#5.11 "Second Chances"
Episode Promo
TALIA AL GHUL TAKES OLIVER UNDER HER WING - In his quest to take down Kovar, Oliver (Stephen Amell) gets help from a surprising source - Talia al Ghul (guest star Lexa Doig). However, when she reveals what she wants from him in exchange - a son named Damian - Oliver isn't sure he can accept her help. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) attempts to hack the NSA to help free Diggle (David Ramsey) but when her online efforts are flagged, she faces off against an unknown adversary. Meanwhile, Curtis (Echo Kellum) tells the team about a female vigilante, Tina Boland (guest star Juliana Harkavay), he uncovered online who has been wreaking havoc all over the country. Mark Bunting directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Sarah Tarkoff (#511).
AR511b_0371b.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If Arrow was in the DC Animated universe I would believe that summary 100%

The thing about Prometheus is that they're almost certainly having Michael Dorn play him, right? Like, if not, why bother getting a recognizable voice? If they didn't have the actor picked out, they'd have probably just had the stuntman use a voice changer again. So, he's almost certainly not somebody we've met, he's older, and he's black. Doesn't really narrow it down.

Grizzlyjin

The thing about Prometheus is that they're almost certainly having Michael Dorn play him, right? Like, if not, why bother getting a recognizable voice? If they didn't have the actor picked out, they'd have probably just had the stuntman use a voice changer again. So, he's almost certainly not somebody we've met, he's older, and he's black. Doesn't really narrow it down.

Actually, probably the opposite. The Flash used Tony Todd (Candyman) to voice Zoom in Season 2, and Tobin Bell (Saw) to voice Savitar in Season 3. Neither were used on screen. Might be a similar situation here.

Actually, probably the opposite. The Flash used Tony Todd (Candyman) to voice Zoom in Season 2, and Tobin Bell (Saw) to voice Savitar in Season 3. Neither were used on screen. Might be a similar situation here.
Both were also heavily modulated. Prometheus straight up sounds like Dorn.

Both were also heavily modulated. Prometheus straight up sounds like Dorn.

They hardly modulate Tobin Bell's voice at all. The second Alchemy spoke, I was waiting for him to ask Barry to play a game. They are just getting actors with strong and menacing voices to work behind a mask. Dorn is no different.

Top Bottom