• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

LotusHD

Banned
The President better be like, Diggle? Didn't that guy help save the world from aliens? Pardon him.

Lmao this

They're kinda screwed regarding the Canary. Some fans love Laurel, others REALLY despise her. There seems to be a good deal of Black Siren fans. Others don't want Katie Cassidy at all. Sara is doing her own thing but still has a Canary title, plays well with Oliver and is the Earth's #1 female hero. You introduce a new one and the other fan bases are annoyed and it's very contingent on how much they like the new one. Comic purists will want a Canary and obviously that isn't what Olicity people want. No easy answer with the character. No way to tell a story that can satisfy the majority of viewers. Not even satisfy, just not piss off.

I just wanted Sara to remain in the Arrowverse in any possible, so initially I was really mad when she had died. But now she's on LoT, which is imo the best thing possible for her, as she gets to be at the forefront as a main character (and currently the leader of her team). As for Arrow itself, this episode definitely warmed me up to the idea of Black Siren, because she's just a much better Laurel with none of the baggage from past seasons. Earth-1 Laurel was dumb in so many ways, and I genuinely hope she never comes back, at least not if she's going to put us through all that angst again. But yea, back on Black Siren, it's slightly disappointing that she might not be part of the main cast, at least not anytime soon.

As for the new chick, I'd be willing to give it a go I guess, because once again, it's likely to be far better than Earth-1 Laurel.

Yeeeaaaah, not a fan of the idea of a Canary that's an original show creation and I can get a lot of people are going to be pissed about it. If they were to do this I'd rather some further alternate Earth fuckery and that she's a younger Dinah Drake with maybe a different mother to explain why he doesn't just look like a younger version of E1's Dinah Drake/Sara and Laurel's mother. She's totally gonna be gay isn't she?

Good riddance to that statue.

Felicity is picking up on things. Laurel shouldn't be drinking.

It might've been a test but she kinda passed that one, she first went for the champagne or whatever it was but then took the water.

Nabs

I was hoping they'd do the true Earth-2 test, and check to see which hand she grabbed the cup with.

edit: lolol @ the people having breakdowns on reddit. what the hell?

Joni

I was hoping they'd do the true Earth-2 test, and check to see which hand she grabbed the cup with.

edit: lolol @ the people having breakdowns on reddit. what the hell?
They are on reddit. They want the show to be bad but it is good so they are finding it hard to find bad things to process in their lives.

sirap

Somewhere out there is a photoshop of Felicity's face over Talia.
And Black Siren's choker around her neck.

Another good episode. Didn't expect to see another Prometheus fight but damn was it good. Kind of glad they didn't redeem Black Siren too. It would've felt like to obvious of a replacement of the original Laurel. Mr. Terrific finally wins one. Adrian was also really enjoyable and I'm liking how they're using his character. The Talia reveal at the end is going to shake up the flashbacks too. I like how Oliver has become much more optimistic and hopeful of people and how other characters are now beginning to see it.

Basically, there was a lot in this episode but it all worked out.

carlsojo

I could actually see this new Canary going renegade and joining up with Vigilante. So then we get a Team Arrow vs Team Vigilante.

LotusHD

Banned
So who the fuck is Prometheus that they know about the meta prison and Black Siren?

Or are they both common knowledge (to an extent) and I had forgotten about it?

WedgeX

Banned
Canary IV?

I am open to the possibility, despite loving Laurel.

That general is totally trying to Willis McCall Diggle. Kind of wanted the DA to have to save him using his vigilante persona.

And fucking Johnny Crowder, getting clowned by Talia.

Joni

So who the fuck is Prometheus that they know about the meta prison and Black Siren?

Or are they both common knowledge (to an extent) and I had forgotten about it?

He has been spying on them, and Black Siren you could probably read about in the Central City papers. So this is all Iris' fault.

So they slowly scratch and claw their way back to possibly being a decent show again through the first half of the season, then flush it all away in less than hour.

God damn.

GulAtiCa

Nah. Reccuring would be great, but adding her permanently into the team would be a miastake. And they seem to realize that. Having her star in all CW verse is much better fit for the character.
I'd love to see her become a member of Legends. Right now they are lacking in members who happen to be bad.

Man, Katie Cassidy seems to have much more fun with Black Siren than with Black Canary. I hope they give her a redemption arc.

Felicity was less annoying than expected after the first few minutes of te episode, but still more annoying than I'd hoped.

That was a great episode, I don't know how they can keep up this crazy good quality so many episodes in a row. They handled like four different plotlines really, really well.

Black Siren having knowledge of Sara and time travel plus all the other details she knew really just helps cement my theory that Prometheus is Connor Hawke from Star City 2046.

You know what? I'm finally on this train. Choo-choo and all.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Has it been explained why Black Siren can apparently teleport?? She just flashes off screen in both Star Labs prison and arrow prison...

Lmao. I wasn't going to say anything but I caught that too. In the Arrow Cave, Oliver was looking right at her and then she was just gone.

Try to ignore it or it'll drive you insane. I almost want to say Flash is the biggest offender, probably as a result of the writers trying to come up with ways the bad guys could possibly escape. "Good guy gets knocked down, bad guy gets away [commercial break]" is in the first act of at least one of the DC shows every week lol

GulAtiCa

Lmao. I wasn't going to say anything but I caught that too. In the Arrow Cave, Oliver was looking right at her and then she was just gone.

Try to ignore it or it'll drive you insane. I almost want to say Flash is the biggest offender, probably as a result of the writers trying to come up with ways the bad guys could possibly escape. "Good guy gets knocked down, bad guy gets away [commercial break]" is in the first act of at least one of the DC shows every week lol

My favorite was a few episodes ago for Flash when a bad buy knocked down Barry at the Police station and just walked out and escaped. Barry so could have ran after lol.

sirap

Has it been explained why Black Siren can apparently teleport?? She just flashes off screen in both Star Labs prison and arrow prison...

Basically her sonic scream can reach frequencies high enough to tear a hole through time and space. She uses that to slip in and out of different planes, allowing her to travel large distances fairly easily.

Not really.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
My favorite was a few episodes ago for Flash when a bad buy knocked down Barry at the Police station and just walked out and escaped. Barry so could have ran after lol.

I think we have the makings of a CWverse Drinking Game. It cracks me up everytime cause he gives that defeated look like he doesn't have super speed and being knocked down for 10 seconds is Game Over.

Oliver does it too. A smoke bomb ninja escape shouldn't work on you! If you can do it, you know how it works. They didn't actually teleport away, Mayor Handsome.

I think we have the makings of a CWverse Drinking Game. It cracks me up everytime cause he gives that defeated look like he doesn't have super speed and being knocked down for 10 seconds is Game Over.

Oliver does it too. A smoke bomb ninja escape shouldn't work on you! If you can do it, you know how it works. They didn't actually teleport away, Mayor Handsome.

At least neither of those was as bad as Prometheus last episode. He knocked Oliver through a wall and than HE was the one who disappeared. Like, well, he's on the other side of this hole on the wall. Guess this fight's over.

GulAtiCa

At least neither of those was as bad as Prometheus last episode. He knocked Oliver through a wall and than HE was the one who disappeared. Like, well, he's on the other side of this hole on the wall. Guess this fight's over.

I think in this case, he just wanted to fuck with Oliver's mind. It seems clear that currently he doesn't want to kill Oliver, just destroy him. Then he will kill him.

besides, he had that smokin' hot russian villain last season

I wish they would've brought Valentina/Stephanie Cornliussen back.
InconsequentialDearAfricanelephant.gif

I like Stephanie Cornliussen, she should get more work.

Top Bottom