• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

JSevere

alright I'm warming up to new canary. wonder how long it'll be til she and Oliver bang

ep got me hungry for some Big Belly Burger

So some Easter Eggs from this week's episode:

The villain:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Sean_Sonus_(New_Earth)

latest

And the hacktivist group:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Helix_(New_Earth)

They pulled a "Henry James Olsen" on this one.

Damn Ollie killed Steve O'Bannon tonight.

Oh and I'm fine with multiple Count Vertigo's and Black Canary's. it's a comic book staple having multiple people don identies.

I didn't know there was a rumor about her being Dinah Drake when I mentioned the idea of her being that character a week ago. She also isn't "totally gay" it seems. Did we ever find out what Sara and Laurel's mother's (Dinah) maiden name was? Or did they avoid mentioning it? I still like the idea that this Dinah Drake happened to originate from another Earth, though with Flashpoint, who knows what fuckery they could use to explain it if they want to anyway... They could go somewhere with it, especially since Laurel and Sara's mother has also been living in Central City this whole time.

But with her being Dinah Drake and into guys I'm sure of though is a certain group just got nervous. BTW, what happened to the reporter lady Oliver was shacking up with?

Enjoyed the episode and Dinah 3, she's got a bit of edge to her, I like it. As cheap as making her Dinah Drake might be.

Who says he knows she's an al Ghul?

She knows, because Talia
was shown on Legends of Tomorrow as a child when Sara went to the League in season one
, she also mentioned her still being young was a "family secret".

I didn't know there was a rumor about her being Dinah Drake when I mentioned the idea of her being that character a week ago. She also isn't "totally gay" it seems. Did we ever find out what Sara and Laurel's mother's (Dinah) maiden name was? Or did they avoid mentioning it? I still like the idea that this Dinah Drake happened to originate from another Earth, though with Flashpoint, who knows what fuckery they could use to explain it if they want to anyway... What I'm sure of though is a certain group just got nervous.

Nope. They never specified her maiden name. People just assumed it was Drake because comics.

She knows, because Talia
was shown on Legends of Tomorrow as a child when Sara went to the League in season one
, she also mentioned her still being young was a "family secret".

Re-read the post you're quoting. I was saying that we have no idea that Oliver knows Talia is an al Ghul.

Nope. They never specified her maiden name. People just assumed it was Drake because comics.

Re-read the post you're quoting. I was saying that we have no idea that Oliver knows Talia is an al Ghul.

Oops. Nope, there's no reason for Oliver to know that, I'm sure that's something he'll find out when Talia shows up in the present. I imagine she's probably not thrilled with what happened to her father and the League and all that. I hope we manage to get Katrina Law back this season despite that show she has now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Finding another Canary that has the same powers as Black Siren is pretty contrived, but they made it work for me. I almost rolled my eyes at Tina not killing Sonus but then she blasted him away. Made her a little more believable as a character. But the "My name is Dinah..." COME ON. I appreciate the writers easing us into it with all the mentions of fate but COME ON lol

The special effect they used for Sonus' power is cool. And some nice fight choreography on Bratva Oliver, Amell putting in some work there.

New Felicity is cute. Suspicious but cute. Also, I'm digging Talia's role in the flashbacks. I was worried this might be the episode that ended the streak...but I really liked it. They did a lot of good character work, like everyone thinking about how the team is their second chance.

Toki767

I like that they got a half Asian actress to play Talia since Katrina Law is also half Asian, though not the same ethnicity. It makes for good synergy. Hopefully we can see scenes of Talia and Nyssa together.

Finally, a true successor to Sara. A Black Canary we can all support and love. The one and only true Dinah!

How does Wild Dog stay in such good shape when he's pounding triple and quad burgers? That salmon ladder must work wonders.

Hacker Felicity is the best. Now she just needs to break out her Ankh and some hair dye.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Finally, a true successor to Sara. A Black Canary we can all support and love. The one and only true Dinah!

How does Wild Dog stay in such good shape when he's pounding triple and quad burgers? That salmon ladder must work wonders.

Hacker Felicity is the best. Now she just needs to break out her Ankh and some hair dye.

Pure protein, brah.

That was the best flashback they've done in a really long time. Hell this episode as a whole was flames. I'm really surprised at how much this show has bounced back.

Also Dinah is hot so that's always cool.

carlsojo

I like that they got a half Asian actress to play Talia since Katrina Law is also half Asian, though not the same ethnicity. It makes for good synergy. Hopefully we can see scenes of Talia and Nyssa together.

By scenes together you mean a huge fight scene right? Because Talia vs. Nyssa = yesss.

LionPride

Banned

Because when you're young and exercise a lot, you can eat whatever the fuck you want

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Because when you're young and exercise a lot, you can eat whatever the fuck you want

Or obnoxiously long tapeworm. I was literally eating that new McD Grand Mac while watching that scene, I'm with him on that. #BigBurgerBoys

caliph95

If i weren't trying to save money this episode would have made me get the biggest burger i could find. Goddamn you Wild Dog.

It's funny he is judging her on the killing thing yet Rene going around with pistols.

If i weren't trying to save money this episode would have made me get the biggest burger i could find. Goddamn you Wild Dog.

It's funny he is judging her on the killing thing yet Rene going around with pistols.

Killing to make the pain go away, turns you into a serial killing vigilante.

Wear a costume and kill because it's fun, or justice, or whatever, and you're a super hero.

These are important distinctions that Ollie wants to impart to our Superior Dinah Canary.

Killing to make the pain go away, turns you into a serial killing vigilante.

Wear a costume and kill because it's fun, or justice, or whatever, and you're a super hero.

These are important distinctions that Ollie wants to impart to our Superior Dinah Canary.

Killing in battle is one thing, killing a defeated and either incapacitated or surrendering foe is murder.

Extended promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9v3lo7cVEo

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I do love how it seems the Arrow writers were ready for the angriest fanboys over at Reddit.

When I checked last week a lot of them were going on about how disrespectful it is to the Black Canary title because it is supposed to be "Laurel Lance."

Then Arrow hits them with that original Black Canary alter-ego.

Top Bottom