• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Platy

I understand WHY her name had to be Dinah but HOLY SHIT that scene was shit to a whole new level.

Also, Gotham does justice to the weirdest of characters and trows awesome ones under the buss. It is Gotham =P

Joni

The entire Talia thing does raise one question: does Oliver currently realize who she is in regards to Nyssa and Ra's? Because if he doesn't, I want to see them talking through that.

Finally getting around to the episode...
Why is retcon'd Linda Park back?

Was rewriten into

and now the original is back on Arrow.

Description posted for the February 22nd episode- the Sin Eater

CHINA WHITE, CUPID AND LIZA WARNER BREAK OUT OF PRISON — China White (guest star Kelly Hu), Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) and Liza Warner (guest star Rutina Wesley) break out of Iron Heights and head to Star City for revenge. Oliver (Stephen Amell) tries to bring in the newly formed girl gang but the ACU intervenes mid-fight. To his surprise, they are there to arrest the Green Arrow for the murder of Detective Malone. Meanwhile, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) feels responsible for the prison break after Warner tells him she heard about him working with Damien Darhk. Mary Lambert directed the episode written by Barbara Bloom & Jenny Lynn (514). Original airdate 2/22/2017.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Description posted for the February 22nd episode- the Sin Eater

CHINA WHITE, CUPID AND LIZA WARNER BREAK OUT OF PRISON — China White (guest star Kelly Hu), Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) and Liza Warner (guest star Rutina Wesley) break out of Iron Heights and head to Star City for revenge. Oliver (Stephen Amell) tries to bring in the newly formed girl gang but the ACU intervenes mid-fight. To his surprise, they are there to arrest the Green Arrow for the murder of Detective Malone. Meanwhile, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) feels responsible for the prison break after Warner tells him she heard about him working with Damien Darhk. Mary Lambert directed the episode written by Barbara Bloom & Jenny Lynn (514). Original airdate 2/22/2017.

Star City Sirens. Glad to see
all three of
them back, actually.

The entire Talia thing does raise one question: does Oliver currently realize who she is in regards to Nyssa and Ra's? Because if he doesn't, I want to see them talking through that.

Haven't there been multiple Ra's al Ghuls in the Arrowverse? Perhaps she's the daughter of the Season 3 Ra's predecessor.

Oregano

Wild Dog is great because he somehow manages to both be the hot-headed one and the heart of the team. It really works somehow.

WedgeX

Banned
Caught up yesterday.

Loving this whole season. Excited for Canary IV. That name reveal was something else.

Wild Dog was greeeaaaattt. And now I want a Big Belly Burger in the worst way.

And I'm jumping on the Prometheus as John Diggle Jr. of the future. I don't know why. But it is appealing.

Pachimari

As down as I have been on this season I gotta say this week's episode was hella great. Wild Dog is definitely growing on me, but I still don't understand why Oliver would take him in if he has an issue with people killing. Thi guy is guns blazing. I also prefer Curtis as the tech guy, unless they give him something to do as Mr Terrific. Give him a unique fighting style or something cool. And this new Dinah girl is awesome. I love it that she's the new Black Canary, I think I'm gonna love her even more than Laurel, though Sara is my favorite.

The whole episode was great bar the last scene were Tina reveals her real name, damn that was insanely bad. I also liked the flashback with the girl, was it Talia? I can't remember, but didn't we see her in an earlier season?

I'm still not into the whole Prometheus thing though. Thought both Merlyn and Damien Dhark were better villains.

Magwik

Banned
As down as I have been on this season I gotta say this week's episode was hella great. Wild Dog is definitely growing on me, but I still don't understand why Oliver would take him in if he has an issue with people killing. Thi guy is guns blazing. I also prefer Curtis as the tech guy, unless they give him something to do as Mr Terrific. Give him a unique fighting style or something cool. And this new Dinah girl is awesome. I love it that she's the new Black Canary, I think I'm gonna love her even more than Laurel, though Sara is my favorite.

The whole episode was great bar the last scene were Tina reveals her real name, damn that was insanely bad. I also liked the flashback with the girl, was it Talia? I can't remember, but didn't we see her in an earlier season?

I'm still not into the whole Prometheus thing though. Thought both Merlyn and Damien Dhark were better villains.
I'm still waiting for a Prometheus swerve

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Cringed a little at her name being Dinah, but that was a good episode. I loved the rooftop scene.

Been a fantastic season.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Dinah is the Mary of the Arrowverse. Everyone knows at least two people with the name.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
The Heart Hacks What the Heart Wants

"I forgive you, Oliver," said Felicity.
Oliver just looked deep into her eyes lost in her brains and her beauty. He didn't say a word, nor did he have to, his nod was more than enough.
Felicity planted a kiss on Oliver's cheek and walked back to her computer. Oliver smiled knowing that things were finally getting back to normal.

Some weeks later...

Oliver kissed her passionately. His strong arms wrapped around her body, holding her close. She moaned as Oliver made lover to her. She went to remove her glasses, but Oliver waved her hand away. She blushed as he parted her dark brunette hair.
They tussled in bed, the light from the fireplace casted the room in a sensual glow. They had the apartment to themselves for a couple of hours, though Oliver could last longer if time allotted, but like all good things, they must come to an end.

Felicity hummed to herself as she made her way to her apartment. She swung open the door. She smiled and carried on inside. She heard a noise coming from upstairs, it sounded like people fighting! She raced upstairs, afraid she'd be too late. If Prometheus found Ollie she had to do something.

Oliver face strained, his veins nearly popping out of his skin as he picked her up and placed her against the wall.
"Give me that petabyte of yours, fill me with all that data!" She screamed wildly.
Oliver's Arrow become more knocked, if such a thing was possible, but in a time of meta-humans who is to say?

Felicity heard something banging against the wall. I'm too late! She cried out in her mind. She rushed and threw the door open.

The string was about ready to break, each draw brought him closer to firing all arrows. He tried to think of anything to slow him down. Tommy popped into his mind, but that only made matters worse. The idea of Tommy watching from somewhere above made him smirk. Soon he foumd himself not in control of his quiver anymore. The time had come when suddenly the bedroom door burst open! There stood Felicity standing there in her signature red coat.

"Oliver?" She said in a whisper.

Felicity couldn't believe what she was seeing. Oliver turned to look at her, their eyes locked on to each other. She noticed his rapid breath and they continued to stare at each other as Oliver unleashed his arrows. His face was in absolute pleasure. Every vein of his body visible. When at last his breathing slowed all Oliver did was smile at her.

"Felicity, I'm sorry you had to see that," he said never taking his eyes off her.

"I'm not," said the mysterious brunette.

Hurt and nearly in tears, Felicity crashed to the floor. "Kojo_Sledgehammer, how could you?"

"It's nothing personal, sweetie," replied Sledgehammer. "It was quite easy. All I had to do was hack his brain and his gigantic hard drive." She ended that last part with a giggle.

What happened next surprised Oliver and after surviving five years on an island, that was no easy feat.

Felicity stood up, wiped her tears away with the palm of her hand and walked toward the window.

"Don't do it, Felicity! Please!" Oliver cried out. But his words fell on deaf ears.

Felicity threw open the window, stepped onto the ledge, released one final sob and jumped.

As she plummeted to her death, Felicity's life flashed before her eyes. She saw Oliver float by, his immaculate body climbing the salmon ladder. She heard Curtis rambling about something, she saw her dead boyfriend that she knew for however long it was. She saw Captain Lance smearing peanut butter on her feet. The sound of the bustling city became louder and louder and then stopped.

Felicity dared to open her eyes and found she had simply stopped and was floating in midair. No, that wasn't right. She was being carried.

"Thea?"

Thea Queen smiled down at her but said nothing. Thea could kick some serious ass, but flying? Was she a meta after all?

"You got me, but whose got you?" Felicity asked incredulously.

"Look down," Thea said with a smile.

Felicity did as she was told and the answer became apparent. Thea's pants ballooned, the wind propelling her up. Was this a new gadget from STAR Labs Barry hadn't told her about?

"A gift from my father," Thea said as if she could read Felicity's mind.

Felicity just nodded, something she picked up from her time with Oliver. Sometimes you just had to be quiet and accept the outcome.

Thea gripped Felicity tight. They floated high above the city, the moon so big and bright. Together they flew away into the night.

To be continued...

ZeroX03

Banned
Good episode, not great but they handled the 4th Canary about as well as could be expected. Dunno about the actress they cast, but calling her Dinah Drake means they'll be investing in the character for a while.

Talia was a lot of fun, but we need that flashback heavy episode so we can get some bigger scale stuff happening.

Felicity looked like she was getting hypnotized or something.

Also, Gotham does justice to the weirdest of characters and trows awesome ones under the buss. It is Gotham =P
Montoya and Harvey Dent were freaking awful, only thing I have despised about Gotham.

thankfully both are basically written out asap.(Montoya only lasting 7 episodes in early S1 before getting the boot, Dent getting 3 episodes in S1 and 3 basically guest scenes in S2)

Does Wild Dog use real live rounds in those pistols or what? He never seems hit anyone. And would Ollie be alright with him using lethal rounds?

Well so much for that fixed Count Vertigo....

Not Count Vertigo. He's a villain from Kreisberg's run on Green Arrow and Black Canary named Discord. The comic version had a sonic canon for a right arm.

Does Wild Dog real live rounds in those pistols or what? He never seems hit anyone. And would Ollie be alright with him using lethal rounds?

Dig definitely uses tranq darts, but I think Wild Dog is using live rounds. Best case scenario, he's using rubber bullets.

Top Bottom