• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

MartyStu

I do love how it seems the Arrow writers were ready for the angriest fanboys over at Reddit.

When I checked last week a lot of them were going on about how disrespectful it is to the Black Canary title because it is supposed to be "Laurel Lance."

Then Arrow hits them with that original Black Canary alter-ego.

And current.

Dinah Drake is the current Black Canary in the comics.

Finally, a true successor to Sara. A Black Canary we can all support and love. The one and only true Dinah!

How does Wild Dog stay in such good shape when he's pounding triple and quad burgers? That salmon ladder must work wonders.

Hacker Felicity is the best. Now she just needs to break out her Ankh and some hair dye.

If he is anything like me, that is most of his caloric intake for the day. Besides, they all probably need a pretty high calorie diet.

And current.

If he is anything like me, that is most of his caloric intake for the day. Besides, they all probably need a pretty high calorie diet.

You could see the writers new the Black Canary storyline was getting weird so they gave it a reboot/rebirth.

MartyStu

Not sure if I like them replacing Laurel like this.

Whether or not it is a good idea lives and dies by how well the actress holds her own against Oliver and asserts herself.

She also needs her own life, friends, boyfriend, etc before she can be pulled into Arrow's non-hero drama.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Boyfriend? I don't think you guys understand why they went with a new Black Canary.

We gettin some Canary on Canary action next crossover.

Makonero

Whether or not it is a good idea lives and dies by how well the actress holds her own against Oliver and asserts herself.

She also needs here own life, friends, boyfriend, etc before she can be pulled into Arrow's non-hero drama.
I would love for a Birds of Prey spinoff. Bring in Oracle, bring back Huntress and we got a whole new show folks

carlsojo

Interesting tiny plot point they brought up for the first time since it happened in the midseason finale: how did Prometheus fake Lyla's voice?

Maybe it's a real voice message
from the future? I'm going to stick with my conspiracy theory that it's Connor Hawke to the end.

Re: Black Siren: Katie Cassidy has the same kind of contract as Wentworth Miller, so I'd absolutely expect her to show up on Legends.

New Canary is cool.

Also oh shit I knew I recognized Katie Rohl as the hacktivist. We'll be seeing her again I bet.

GulAtiCa

Re: Black Siren: Katie Cassidy has the same kind of contract as Wentworth Miller, so I'd absolutely expect her to show up on Legends.

Yeah, I kinda figured she would show up for at least 1 more episode down the road, mainly as earlier this month she took a trip to Vancouver for a few days and even posted pics of her training. According to her twitter, she's back in LA currently (or I assume). So hopefully she takes a few more trips up!

And current.

Yup. The only reason Dinah Laurel Lance existed was because they needed to split her into two characters when they moved the Earth 2 heroes to Earth 1 in the 1940's. Now that the new status quo is that there weren't public superheroes before Batman and Superman and the multiverse is back, there's no need for two canaries.

Had a thought this morning, what if Prometheus is
Talia
? They've shown Prometheus has knew about the list and is obviously highly skilled as a killer. We now know that
Talia
knew about the list and Oliver's past. Perhaps
she's
upset with the path he's chosen to go down since the end of Season 1. He's not the person
she
wanted to mold him into. It would continue to shape things full circle with the flashbacks and season 1 until now.

It's probably highly unlikely but, just musing.

Talia
? They've shown Prometheus has knew about the list and is obviously highly skilled as a killer. We now know that
Talia
she's
upset with the path he's chosen to go down since the end of Season 1. He's not the person
she
wanted to mold him into. It would continue to shape things full circle with the flashbacks and season 1 until now.

latest

Yeah, sorry, but that's not a woman

carlsojo

Yeah, sorry, but that's not a woman

True but I'm pretty sure they put stunt doubles in "masked" roles i.e. Zoom so fans can't guess their identities.

People were able to work out Thea killed Sara in S3 and Wells was Reverse Flash in Flash S1 with some kind of voice fuckery. So I'm pretty sure Prometheus has his own voice actor too, just like Zoom.

Doesn't sound like Katie. Wonder what she was doing mocap for, then?

An alternate Canary skin?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd say the chances of Cassidy or Lotz being the alternate voice and look is high. Like others have mentioned, Amell was in Injustice.

I can't imagine them not doing CW Canary, either Black, Siren, or White Canary. What else would you even do for a Canary alt? She doesn't have that many looks that I'm aware of.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Sounds like someone needs to start asking some... QUESTIONS.

You know, I find it extremely peculiar that we haven't gotten a costumed version of The Question in the live action shows. There's no fucking way the movies are touching it. The costume would be super cheap to do too.

Montoya was in Season 1 of Gotham, right? Before her and Yung Dent went back to their home planet.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You know, I find it extremely peculiar that we haven't gotten a costumed version of The Question in the live action shows. There's no fucking way the movies are touching it. The costume would be super cheap to do too.

Definitely, but they'd have to nail the mask, which is harder to do than you think.

Like, this is probably one of the better cosplays:

n3sVrEi.jpg

And it still looks kinda off, you know?

Grizzlyjin

Definitely, but they'd have to nail the mask, which is harder to do than you think.

Like, this is probably one of the better cosplays:

And it still looks kinda off, you know?

Hmm yeah, that's a little bright for my tastes. I wouldn't want a CG mask either. I'd be okay with a simple practical attempt like this though.

Talia
Talia
she's
she

Yeah, too big to be Talia but he could always be her underling or what if it's a revived Ra's? Or Yao Fei? If the Prometheus nickname means anything the mythology of the character probably comes into play in some way in being someone responsible for what Oliver became and probably others. I hope it doesn't turn out to be Kovar.

This show. This fucking show.

Wild Dog eating 5 patty burgers like it's nothing. Oliver goes John Wick and one scene and then takes out a rooftop full of bad guys and a helicopter in the next. The OG Black Canary alter ego appearing in this episode. Helix is now in play. Talia pretty much making Oliver who he was in Season 1 with both the outfit and "something else" line.

I'm amazed at just how much I'm loving this season.

Effect

Sawyer started out in the Metropolis PD in the comics bro.

LOL, I love Gotham and even I can't defend their Montoya.

Neither can they. They have to know they really screwed up by using her without any long term goal. Her and Crispus Allen were just dropped after that first half I t hink. A damn waste. Love Gotham but that was such a horrible move by them from start to finish. If there is anything I hated about that first season it was that.

Top Bottom