• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Swamp Thing would probably be relegated to recurring guest status, because he'd be hard to budget as a regular.
Or they could use Poison Ivy if they want to get deep into elemental stuff but have a character around long-term.
Though Grodd and King Shark prove they could do Swam Thing well in a very limited nature.

She's on Gotham, I don't think CW has access to her because FOX has the Batman TV rights.
Eh, the rights are all over the place imo.
Talia just recently becoming a thing for example with Gotham 3 years in.

I kinda feel Gotham will dump Ivy anyway as people are unanimously against the weird shit they are doing with her.

Just put Constantine, Zatanna, Deadman on Legends of Tomorrow.

Honestly I don't think I want much more Legends of Tomorrow,
We need the cast but I think the time travel element will be played out pretty soon.
(though that might just be a personal thing from watching Legends and Timeless around the same time. completely dropped Timeless and i'm 3 episodes behind on Legends because of it.)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I kinda feel Gotham will dump Ivy anyway as people are unanimously against the weird shit they are doing with her.

Gotham is so weird about Ivy. They went through that mess to age her up and she's hardly been used this season. What was the point? And yes, it was very weird.

I'd take a antihero Poison Ivy in lieu of Swamp Thing, I suppose. I just need a protector of The Green. It's one of my favorite concepts from the magic side of DC.

Gotham is so weird about Ivy. They went through that mess to age her up and she's hardly been used this season. What was the point? And yes, it was very weird.

Yup, especially where it looks like the rest of the season is going.
Seems they tried something realized it didn't work and now she is getting Dent & Montoya'd.

The Green should definitely be a part of JLD if they did it.
and anti-hero Ivy works pretty well(Arkham Knight probably my favorite version of her as well).

Joni

Honestly I don't think I want much more Legends of Tomorrow,
We need the cast but I think the time travel element will be played out pretty soon.
(though that might just be a personal thing from watching Legends and Timeless around the same time. completely dropped Timeless and i'm 3 episodes behind on Legends because of it.)

They should start spending more time in each time period.

Thankfully we're getting more Legends whether you want it or not.

I don't think they'll change the show too greatly. Was obvious after this season it wasn't going to be a true anthology show.

Im not saying immediately, I just don't think it could last 2-3+ more seasons in the current format.

As Joni suggests more time in each period would be an extreme help.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Im not saying immediately, I just don't think it could last 2-3+ more seasons in the current format.

As Joni suggests more time in each period would be an extreme help.

I hope they get experimental with it. 2-3 episodes in one time period would be dope, probably would save them money too. Maybe they're concerned that would make the show too serialized that hurt the ratings?

tim1138

I'd sort of been thinking about this for a while. I would use the name Shadowpact, from a short-lived comic with a similar premise. Swamp Thing would probably be relegated to recurring guest status, because he'd be hard to budget as a regular.

The roster I'd thought of for a potential Arrowverse magic team show was:

Zatanna
Constantine
Ragman
Deadman
Raven
Zauriel
Jason Blood /Etrigan

Can't have a Shadowpact show without Detective Chimp

ZeroX03

Banned
I'd sort of been thinking about this for a while. I would use the name Shadowpact, from a short-lived comic with a similar premise. Swamp Thing would probably be relegated to recurring guest status, because he'd be hard to budget as a regular.

Hey I've been saying that for two years now

Dysun

This season is such a surprise after the last two putrid seasons.
The new Arrow team dynamic is way more interesting than it ever was with Laurel and Thea in the mix.

This season is such a surprise after the last two putrid seasons.
The new Arrow team dynamic is way more interesting than it ever was with Laurel and Thea in the mix.

Yup that is what I have been saying lately.
They are like C and F listers but the show is just handling them sooo much better than anybody previously really.
They actually feel like a team regardless of stuff that happens here and there.

Wild Dog has quickly become a faourite of mine, in fact I like him better than any of the original team Arrow
Yeah, my most enjoyed Arrowverse character atm.
Im even wanting him as a skin in Injustice and I never gave Wild Dog a second thought before this season of Arrow.

Was uploading something to photobucket the other day and noticed an upload from season 3. Thought I'd post it here again since Talia makes it relevant.

arrow_zps7cgtjwi3.jpg

Joni

Nyssa won in the end, he is married to her, not Talia. Which I really hope becomes a plot point so that they are in screen together.

kmfdmpig

The roster I'd thought of for a potential Arrowverse magic team show was:

Zatanna
Constantine
Ragman
Deadman
Raven
Zauriel
Jason Blood /Etrigan

I'd be down for something like that, although I wonder if it might be expensive to produce.

ZeroX03

Banned
I had no idea it happened here, but as is common place, especially for older shows, some series regulars aren't signed for whole seasons. Thea hasn't been around because Willa is only contracted for 14 episodes this year. I'd guess Paul Blackthorne too. Beforehand I think it was just Barrowman, but I guess now that money is going to paying all the new recruits. Thought Willa was shooting a movie or something. And they want Katie Cassidy back for a stretch but it seems her series regular contract or whatever it was doesn't guarantee episodes so she hasn't signed on for the arc. Pilot season may snatch some of the non contracted actors. #CancelTrainingDay

http://tvline.com/2017/02/13/arrow-season-5-katie-cassidy-contract-status-willa-holland/

Also there was a press screening of this week's episode which can potentially mean something major.
RIP Wild Dog

Joni

I had no idea it happened here, but as is common place, especially for older shows, some series regulars aren't signed for whole seasons. Thea hasn't been around because Willa is only contracted for 14 episodes this year. I'd guess Paul Blackthorne too. Beforehand I think it was just Barrowman, but I guess now that money is going to paying all the new recruits. Thought Willa was shooting a movie or something. And they want Katie Cassidy back for a stretch but it seems her series regular contract or whatever it was doesn't guarantee episodes so she hasn't signed on for the arc. Pilot season may snatch some of the non contracted actors. #CancelTrainingDay

http://tvline.com/2017/02/13/arrow-season-5-katie-cassidy-contract-status-willa-holland/

Also there was a press screening of this week's episode which can potentially mean something major.
RIP Wild Dog

It is good that they are taking this advantage of contracts like that. We don't need Thea to be there every episode. And they are not up to 'Bonnie' in The Vampire Diaries levels of idiocy.

shingi70

Banned
Arrow is still in a weird place where we still don't have big balance between him being Oliver and the green arrow, and that's mostly due to flashbacks. Thea works as she does right now where she periodically puts on a suit when it's all hands on deck.

Dysun

This season has shown that less Thea/Laurel/Dadcop isn't a bad thing. These characters might have outlived their expiration date

Sephzilla

This season has shown that less Thea/Laurel/Dadcop isn't a bad thing. These characters might have outlived their expiration date

It seems like they've dialed back all of the supporting characters in this season and put more emphasis back on Oliver, which is exactly what needed to happen. Part of me still wishes he was running solo again but I do like a lot of the new team

ZeroX03

Banned
A very special episode of Arrow is on tonight...

#5.13 "Spectre of the Gun"
Episode Promo
WILD DOG'S HISTORY IS REVEALED - A traumatic attack on City Hall triggers painful memories for Rene (Rick Gonzalez) about his family. Flashbacks reveal how Rene went from simple family man to a hero named Wild Dog. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) must deal with the perpetrator behind the attack and realizes the best way to do so is as Mayor Queen instead of the Green Arrow. Tensions run high in the Arrow bunker over Curtis' (Echo Kellum) hair braiding station. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim (#513). Original airdate 2/15/2017.
ar513b-0009b-231144.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
This one is gonna be divisive. Tackling a serious subject, Wild Dog focus and
no Green Arrow, all Oliver
. Written by Guggenheim too. Really hope they pull it off.

Grizzlyjin

This one is gonna be divisive. Tackling a serious subject, Wild Dog focus and
no Green Arrow, all Oliver
. Written by Guggenheim too. Really hope they pull it off.

Didn't he write the slavery episode of Legends of Tomorrow? I was actually surprised by how well that was done. I'm excited now.

ZeroX03

Banned
Didn't he write the slavery episode of Legends of Tomorrow? I was actually surprised by how well that was done. I'm excited now.

He co-wrote it, yes. Dialogue was a bit on the nose, but that's always to be expected with these kinds of episodes.

Half an hour to go!

Top Bottom