• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Vengal

Good they needed another inside person within the police i guess...

Green arrow has some serious reach now

Mayor
Police
DA
Argus
Smoke Industries

ZeroX03

Banned
^ yo spoiler tag it up

Oh man right up until the end I was worried about Rene. So happy he's still kicking and getting future storylines.

Just like Supergirl, looks like next week was intended to be the Valentine's episode.

george_us

Ollie's speech had me like:

tear_zps099e91c1.jpg

Jhoan

I enjoyed the social commentary and Wild Dog's backstory. It was pretty solid even if it's delaying the inevitable showdown episodes with Prometheus. I was concerned that Wild Dog was going to die so I'm glad to see that he made it and once again got a reminder that he has a family in Team Arrow. It reminded me of Christopher Priest's standalone Deathstroke Rebirth issue that delves into gun violence/gun control in Chicago.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think I stopped worrying when I realized that it was more his origin story and his position towards guns but you never know after what they did to Moira.

I didn't unclench my sphincter until the Berlanti logo came up. They could have easily thrown a cliffhanger at the final speech.

I take you missed the crossover episode lol

I saw it I'll up to date on everything but still. That was an episode that dealt with one of the most politically charged topics of our time, with near perfect grace.

And we're talking about Arrow here. I mean any comic book show tackling that sort of subject matter is unexpected.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, I think the Dinah/Diggle scenes were just to have them bond. Expect similar scenes with Felicity and the others.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
A+ Episode. Up there with the best the show has ever done. It juggled a lot and did it all masterfully. You got the gun debate aspect, Rene's backstory, the shooter on the loose, Diggle & Dinah, and Oliver doing mayor stuff for once. Tons of great character moments throughout the whole episode.We even got some introspection about how being vigilantes might just feed into the cycle of violence they're supposed to protect.

- Bertinelli Family name drop, its been awhile. Maybe a recast Huntress return?
- Wild Dog had 3 pizza boxes stacked up at the end there haha
- I know Dinah and Diggle are just bonding...but damn, my CW SEX ALERT alarm was going off the entire episode.
- I've officially come to like Adrian Chase. He's a bit of a dick but they're really doing a good job of not just making him just a bad guy hiding in plain sight. I like that we met his wife here.

Watching the episode now.

- Thea and Chesthair!
- Wild Dog backstory, plus Thea and Chesthair returning? Feeling bad about this.
- Renee, buddy, your daughter is like 10-12. She knows what a fight sounds like.
- Adrian is clearly unhinged, but I feel him.
- Oh shit! Curtis going on in being the black dude on the team.
-"Everything's fine." Once again, your daughter is nearly a teenager. She knows everything is not fine.
- Oh. I see. This episode is about Arrow vs. Vigilante in ideology. Which doesn't make much sense, because the Green Arrow and team are all about killing some random folks.
- Dinah and Diggle's subplot just feels like making time.
- "I take confidentiality seriously." Few seconds later: "Here you go."
- Accurate representation of certain situations involving self-defense. Surprising.
- Shit. They took his daughter. More real shit. Damn, Wild Dog.
- Renee is much improved. I feel death flags everywhere!
- Dinah is a cop. Good. This whole subplot was waste, but this is good.
- Ollie looked like he had a epiphany there.

Bluth54

I'm surprised so many people like this episode, I don't really like it when a show that hasn't really had any sort of political message just goes and shoves one in your face for one episode, even if it's one I agree with, like in this episode.
I did like having Wild Dog's backstory in this episode.

WB needs to sell the Wild Dog jersey, i'd be all over it.

Episode was great, I was worried about Rene and the political message.
thankfully Rene was safe and the message was handled pretty well.

jb1234

A good episode on the whole but I felt like I was being beaten to an inch of my life with its themes. The writers tried very hard to make their agenda sound natural from the characters (both Curtis and Rene's positions make perfectly good sense) but it still felt jarring. Definitely happy Wild Dog stayed alive and has his own arc now. Was disappointed his flashbacks weren't more extensive and hard-hitting. They felt distanced.

ZeroX03

Banned
For those concerned about the show going political, they said if 22 episodes were candy, this would be the 1 vegetable. So it sounds like this is a once a season kind of deal.

Also it's well within Green Arrow's comic purview and Oliver's the mayor. He has to get at least a little political.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
For those concerned about the show going political, they said if 22 episodes were candy, this would be the 1 vegetable. So it sounds like this is a once a season kind of deal.

Also it's well within Green Arrow's comic purview and Oliver's the mayor. He has to get at least a little political.

I like my veggies. I'd rather have an episode like this over some Robot Bee Man throwaway episode. I've been waiting for an episode where Oliver had to accomplish something as mayor rather than the Green Arrow. If you don't play around with that at least once, there isn't even a point to him getting the job.

Top Bottom