• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Linda Park is like John Smith in Vancou-Star City.

I also just realized how weird it is that comic book city names literally have to tell us it's a city. Metropolis, Central City, Starling City, Hub City, National City.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
New York City!?

Or Oklahoma City. But it's actually a rarity in the naming convention of actual US cities, but the CW verse has tons of them. Those comic roots. They sound like Old Western towns anytime I hear it

Joni

Wasn't it actually a new scene added just a bit before or did the Flash pilot add that bit?
I don't remember for sure.

Good question. I don't remember either. It was probably taped in one shot, so even at the people at Arrow/Flash probably don't remember what they used where.

Or Oklahoma City. But it's actually a rarity in the naming convention of actual US cities, but the CW verse has tons of them. Those comic roots. They sound like Old Western towns anytime I hear it

Problem is most don't work without it,

Gotham = ok
Keystone = ok
Metropolis = lol
Bludhaven =ok
Star = nope
Central = nope
Coast = nope
Hub = nope
National = GJ Supergirl writers, you made the worst.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Here's a list of cities that have city in the name:

Oklahoma City
Kansas City
Atlantic City, NJ
Liberty City
Jersey City, NJ
Ocean City, MD
Salt Lake City, UT
Park City, UT
Cedar City, UT
Bear River City, UT
Garden City, UT
Oak City, UT
Plain City, UT
West Valley City, UT
Carson City, NV
Dodge City, AL
Dodge City, KS
Garden City, KS
Daly City, CA
Delaware City, DW
Tuba City, AZ
Junction City, AZ
Gun Barrel City, TX
Royse City, TX
Wolfe City, TX

So, going by this list we can assume that the DC universe was largely settled by Mormons because those people fucking love putting city in the name of their cities.

Problem is most don't work without it,

Gotham = ok
Keystone = ok
Metropolis = lol
Bludhaven =ok
Star = nope
Central = nope
Coast = nope
Hub = nope
National = GJ Supergirl writers, you made the worst.
There is actually a place called Central in South Carolina.

Joni

Star City, Hub City, Central City and National City are real cities in the United States. Coast City is the only 'City' that doesn't actually have a real variant.

Grizzlyjin

From now on, I'm imagining that Utah is the center of the Arrowverse.

Grizzlyjin

I hope you are writing an apology to the Arrowverse writers.

I'll send the Arrow and Legends writers a muffin basket as recompense. Team Flash gets nothing.

ZeroX03

Banned
#5.15 "Fighting Fire with Fire"
Episode Promo
VIGILANTE ATTACKS MAYOR QUEEN - Oliver (Stephen Amell) faces his biggest challenge yet as mayor when his nude photos leaks. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) continues down her dark path with Helix. After Vigilante attacks Oliver while he's acting as the mayor, Diggle (David Ramsey) leads the team in a mission to stop Vigilante once and for all. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Speed Weed & Ben Sokolowski (#515).
ar515b-0310b-234280.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Y'all better put some respect on Laurel's name...

Excited for tonight. Keep the streak going!

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh it's started already whoops. I'll watch in an hour. I lose track of time easily.

I hope we here lots of Vigilante's cool theme and it's 15/15. Looks like a good one.

Top Bottom