• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Why in the fuck did Oliver not fire Thea for that bullshit? This is why you don't employ family.

And just in case you couldn't tell: I'm not remotely in favour of her shitty actions.

There is no way this doesn't result in a vindictive grudge on Susan's part towards Oliver Queen. Thea fucked up big time with this.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oliver: What kind of monster have you become, Thea?

Thea: My dude, YOU👏USED👏TO👏MURDER👏PPL

Thea and Felicity made a unilateral decision to implode someone's life for getting too close to the truth. Which is extremely shitty. But this is right out of the Queen Family playbook. If this had been someone that Felicity or Thea cared about, I'm sure he would have taken it upon himself to do something similar.

Oliver basically made the decision when he decided to lie. Once he lied that meant that the lie was worth protecting. He tried to have his cake and eat it too.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I know this is really stupid to think about, but how the fuck did Thea manage to make it look like the reporter plagiarized a bunch of her stories that quickly? That all happened in the same day, within it seems, a few hours. Thea would've had to write her own papers/stories which lifted the reporter's own words and then somehow get them dated and published well before the reporter wrote her stories... That's literally impossible.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ3xofnhnZ7/?taken-by=echokells

JZ6uAsZ.jpg

T Dollarz

Every week, I'm anticipating the show returning back to the prior two season's form, and it just doesn't happened. I have enjoyed pretty much every episode this season. It's fun and doesn't focus on relationship drama, but real world issues and character studies. Well done, Arrow.

Thea is still queen tho and they need to find a real role for her again.

Every week, I'm anticipating the show returning back to the prior two season's form, and it just doesn't happened. I have enjoyed pretty much every episode this season. It's fun and doesn't focus on relationship drama, but real world issues and character studies. Well done, Arrow.

Thea is still queen tho and they need to find a real role for her again.

No. No. No. Fuck her and her bullshit. God damn it Oliver! You should've fired her on the spot for her BS.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
No. No. No. Fuck her and her bullshit. God damn it Oliver! You should've fired her on the spot for her BS.

Oliver should fire himself for snapping a dude's neck for the slight possibility that he may figure out he's the Green Arrow based on his ability to defend himself.

MartyStu

I know this is really stupid to think about, but how the fuck did Thea manage to make it look like the reporter plagiarized a bunch of her stories that quickly? That all happened in the same day, within it seems, a few hours. Thea would've had to write her own papers/stories which lifted the reporter's own words and then somehow get them dated and published well before the reporter wrote her stories... That's literally impossible.

Which implies that she has been planning this for some time now.

Joni

Felicity. She probably copied a couple of stories, hacked them into some unprotected newspaper sites, left a trail on her computer. Thea and Felicity wouldn't have to write anything, they could simply plagiarize what the reporter had written.

Why in the fuck did Oliver not fire Thea for that bullshit? This is why you don't employ family.

Because Thea is still hypercompetent, being one of the few key people upholding his administration. Oliver is smart enough to know that.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Felicity. She probably copied a couple of stories, hacked them into some unprotected newspaper sites, left a trail on her computer. Thea and Felicity wouldn't have to write anything, they could simply plagiarize what the reporter had written.
Except Felicity didn't seem to know what Thea did until after Oliver showed up and questioned her. I know I'm thinking too much about it, it's all hand wavey in comic book shows, but it just really stuck out to me while I was watching it.

Except Felicity didn't seem to know what Thea did until after Oliver showed up and questioned her. I know I'm thinking too much about it, it's all hand wavey in comic book shows, but it just really stuck out to me while I was watching it.
No. She knew. She just didn't know the ramifications.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
If they are going to pay off curtis getting the shit kicked out of him what seemed like hours (even though he hopped up as soon as they stopped and seemed fine) by saying it was the thing that convinced him to actually use his brain to solve the problem then I guess I can forgive how terrible it looked.

If they are going to pay off curtis getting the shit kicked out of him what seemed like hours (even though he hopped up as soon as they stopped and seemed fine) by saying it was the thing that convinced him to actually use his brain to solve the problem then I guess I can forgive how terrible it looked.

LOL, yeah.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been telling you guys, Felicity dark as hell and no beacon of morality. She's all for dropping bodies. She's the same girl who makes joke as Oliver cracks skulls. Dubious hacking totally makes sense.

Women in this show are ruthless.

I've been telling you guys, Felicity dark as hell and no beacon of morality. She's all for dropping bodies. She's the same girl who makes joke as Oliver cracks skulls. Dubious hacking totally makes sense.

Ever since Vertigo kidnapped her, she honestly didn't care if he dropped bodies anymore.

LotusHD

Banned

Damn, sometimes it really clicks with me how fucked up this all is lol

Well, he did just upgrade his suit for more protection this episode. So at least he's learning that he'll likely get his ass beat every time. Bonus: it also explains how he was able to get right back up so quickly.

What I found stupid, though, was that all those people got shot, but when the cops came, the area was pristine—not even a drop of blood to be found anywhere.

Ever since Vertigo kidnapped her, she honestly didn't care if he dropped bodies anymore.
Who-tigo? You mean Scarecrow?

Seriously, though, we haven't seen him in a while.

ZeroX03

Banned
I thought it was
the DA but it doesn't make any sense if he's going after Oliver because of his "corruption"... since he's the one who helped perpetrate it.

Maybe he's
pissed Oliver turned him in

If it's anything like the comics he's also
deeply mentally disturbed and not too stable

What is this, Riverdale?

lol. There was one transition for the Riverdale commercial that panned down on some trees, then immediately opened with the same shot for Gorilla City trees. In my mind it is the same Earth and each of the Riverdale people are gorillas that see themselves as human.

Joni

lol. There was one transition for the Riverdale commercial that panned down on some trees, then immediately opened with the same shot for Gorilla City trees. In my mind it is the same Earth and each of the Riverdale people are gorillas that see themselves as human.
So q Jason was killed by a hunter. It all makes sense.

Zen Aku

League of Assassins training.

Episode Description for March 15th - "Checkmate"

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/arrow-5-16-checkmate-description/

OLIVER SEEKS THE TRUTH — Oliver (Stephen Amell) gets closer to the truth about Prometheus. Meanwhile, Helix refuses to continue helping Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) until she does a favor for them. Ken Shane directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Sarah Tarkoff (#516). Original airdate 3/15/2017.

Jeez they weren't kidding...
Really holding off until they can secretly get Colin Donnell back aren't they
?

Top Bottom