• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

I rewatched the first five episodes of this season. Still electric.

Initially I just wanted to rewatch S5 for how good its been and like how much Wild Dog grew on me.
But the flashback with Talia and me recently mentioning the Barry episodes of S2 kinda makes me want to start from S1.

I still can't get over Thea's actions towards Susan.

It is such an immensely shitty and stupid thing to do (if Susan wasn't a villain before then she sure is now!). And she can't even blame it on a magical curse or mind control, it's really all on her and no one else.

It is such an immensely shitty and stupid thing to do (if Susan wasn't a villain before then she sure is now!). And she can't even blame it on a magical curse or mind control, it's really all on her and no one else.

She lucky Oliver has kill people knowing even less about him .
As the guy on AV club said Oliver get stupid when it comes to women .
He think he had things handled even more stupid of him .

I should note this makes me like Thea even more .
The women on arrow don't mess around lol .

Joni

It should discredit her completely as a journalist, so it means she should be unbelievable when she leaks the truth.

I was fine with it I just thought the way it was done was fucking stupid. Somehow they magically make it appear that all her past stories were plagiraized and her employer finds out, doesn't investigate, but fires her the same day. And, then every other publication has blacklisted her. How does that even work?

It should discredit her completely as a journalist, so it means she should be unbelievable when she leaks the truth.

If the evidence is irrefutable then it wouldn't matter. All you'd have to do is put it out anonymously and others will pick it up. The idea that you need a journalist to do the damage is silly in this day and age.

Which now that I think about is likely why I find Thea destroying her career to be so reprehensible. It is needlessly cruel, and to top it off puts her and Oliver in danger.

If the evidence is irrefutable then it wouldn't matter. All you'd have to do is put it out anonymously and others will pick it up. The idea that you need a journalist to do the damage is silly in this day and age.

They could always take care of that with saying it came from her \ saying it fake , make her sources turn against the info etc etc .
There are many was to make the truth a lie or make it don't matter in this day and age .

They could always take care of that with saying it came from her \ saying it fake , make her sources turn against the info etc etc .
There are many was to make the truth a lie or make it don't matter in this day and age .

In the episode they made it clear that the evidence was overwhelming so Thea's course of action was to destroy her career. Not question the evidence in a public forum.

And quite honestly with irrefutable proof even "FAKE NEWS" wouldn't work.

Joni

In the episode they made it clear that the evidence was overwhelming so Thea's course of action was to destroy her career. Not question the evidence in a public forum.

No, the point the episode made was that it wasn't enough to destroy her copies because she could just get the original copies again.

The evidence was overwhelming yes but something getting leak online and it being on front page from a well known reporter is different .
Also her getting destroy also work as a warning to everyone else that was involve as a side benefit .

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

So... were you okay with Oliver killing people who maybe possibly could potentially figure out his identity?

Initially I just wanted to rewatch S5 for how good its been and like how much Wild Dog grew on me.
But the flashback with Talia and me recently mentioning the Barry episodes of S2 kinda makes me want to start from S1.

Watch from the beginning. It oddly makes the "bad" seasons better for some reason.

So this Claybourne kid is Vigilante right and Prometheus is going to be Talia's stooge, prob the reporter.

No Vigilante has already been confirmed in casting to be
the D.A. Adrian Chase
. Prometheus no doubt has some connection to Talia but hopefully it isn't a Dark Knight Rises type of situation.

Magwik

Banned
Prometheus has connections to Talia.
You know who has a son and knows Talia?
4209459-tumblr_inline_mz56rj3z6h1swvtgm.gif

How does S1 Ollie get punked by Malcom if Talia helped him train

So im on episode 1 of S1.
Holy shit did they retcon the hell out of Oliver's *internal* dialogue.
The wording was so strong there was no room for interpretation.

Pilots suck

Except Cheers

I liked it but retroactively its a straight up lie,
Oliver is talking to himself(audience) and straight up says something like
"during those 5 long years I prayed night and day to be rescued from the island"
Its just really funny with all the suff we have seen in the flashbacks at this point.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I just remembered that it's someone's job to stay on the island and feed Slade Wilson.

Makonero

I liked it but retroactively its a straight up lie,
Oliver is talking to himself(audience) and straight up says something like
"during those 5 long years I prayed night and day to be rescued from the island"
Its just really funny with all the suff we have seen in the flashbacks at this point.

I mean, they had a completely different Sarah. That first season is all a bit janky. There's even a flashback where Laurel talks about their friends Ray (Palmer) and Jean (Loring) that of course isn't actually a reference to Brandon Routh's Ray but is an unaffiliated easter egg.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Was behind, so binge watched the past three episodes. Season has been really good.

I like Dinah, and it's obvious (IMO) that the DA is Vigilante

Correct me if I'm wrong,
but this has been confirmed via casting has it not?

GulAtiCa

Midseason finale of S2 also introduced a different Linda Park then the one they later has in later episodes. Granted, that was basically a year before the real Linda showed up

Joni

Was behind, so binge watched the past three episodes. Season has been really good.

I like Dinah, and it's obvious (IMO) that the DA is Vigilante

Correct me if I'm wrong,
but this has been confirmed via casting has it not?

Yes.

Midseason finale of S2 also introduced a different Linda Park then the one they later has in later episodes. Granted, that was basically a year before the real Linda showed up

At least they reshot the Sara one. They still use that clip of Linda.

Top Bottom