• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Ithil

Is this where I can ask how this season is going? Where does it rank so far? My wife and I stopped watching because we hated the last two seasons.

It's at minimum the best since season 2, and has been probably the most consistently good season in the series' run, with not a single episode so far less than at least "good" and many very good. Season 2 likely had higher highs thus far, but it's been a real return to form.

GulAtiCa

Arrow is so great this season. Really feels like The Flash and Arrow switched sides, as The Flash really suffering this season... Mainly from often repeated drama shit... (I still enjoy it, but god damn.)

T Dollarz

Yeah, I never saw this return to form coming from Arrow. Hated the last two seasons, but this one is on par with the first two.

Vengal

TV works a bit differently though right? Their statement that they have an idea of who's under the mask makes me think that they're waiting for something to happen before they commit. Waiting on rights negotiations, or maybe for an actor to free up a schedule.

Magwik

Banned
TV works a bit differently though right? Their statement that they have an idea of who's under the mask makes me think that they're waiting for something to happen before they commit. Waiting on rights negotiations, or maybe for an actor to free up a schedule.
It's Arrow. They dont have a clue who he is.

ZeroX03

Banned
Two upcoming episode synopses.

#5.17 "Kapiushon"
THE BREAKING POINT - Prometheus (Josh Segarra) goes to great lengths to break Oliver (Stephen Amell). Meanwhile, in the flashbacks, Anatoly (guest star David Nykl) becomes worried about Oliver's increasingly violent tendencies, which come to a head in a brutal confrontation. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#517).
#5.18 "Disbanded"
OLIVER CALLS ON THE BRATVA FOR HELP - Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) are shocked by Oliver's (Stephen Amell) decision to call on the Bratva to help take down Prometheus (Josh Segurra). Concerned the Bratva may overstep, Diggle has a hard conversation with Oliver about what happens if things go south. Meanwhile, Felicity learns something shocking at Helix. J.J. Makaro directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto (#518).

Magwik

Banned
Hey Felicity don't do this
Hey Felicity this is bad
*does it anyways*
Felicity finds out they are bad people and probably worked with HIVE

Also fucking Ollie calling the Bratva for help when he can ask: Team Flash, Supergirl, the Legends, and just about everyone else. Seriously, this is dumb.

ZeroX03

Banned
Also fucking Ollie calling the Bratva for help when he can ask: Team Flash, Supergirl, the Legends, and just about everyone else. Seriously, this is dumb.

That's literally the solution to any Marvel movie or shared universe thing. You know why they don't do it.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know, but still, hopefully they at least give Barry a call. What about Nyssa as well?

Training Day is dead um I mean probably not going to get renewed, so there's a good chance we can see her again! Finished filming a while ago anyway.

Joni

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. That is my indication of which of these I want to see again.

Who do you want on your side? Idiot Barry, Idiot Ray, or Hyper Competent Violent Squad Bratva?

carlsojo

I know, but still, hopefully they at least give Barry a call. What about Nyssa as well?

Oliver doesn't want Barry to get the shit murdered out of him by Prometheus.

And come on, Nyssa got wrecked every time she fought Oliver, Prometheus would murder her too.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Neat

arrow-artfx-statue.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000002427/

Everything but Olivers son would be great.

The whole Oliver's son story went from hype to him possibly being Connor and all the potential that could come along with it to a wet fart when they announced they not only weren't going to go that route but then just used him in an episode of what amounted to Olicity drama point to break them up in one of the hilariously worst scenes of the series.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oliver's son as Connor Hawke never made sense in the timeline. He won't be the right age until the show reaches like season eleven. Which it probably will, but still.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wanna know where Barrowman got those shoes. I need to cop that look before summer

That looks like a great party. We need more pictures, though. Lots of pictures. Both Amell and that other guy with him. Yes, don't forget that other guy. For posterity's sake.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I didn't like two episodes this season. Last season I didn't like half the season

The Sin-Eater and Bratva? Those were the 2 episodes I was a little iffy about. Nothing as frustrating last season, just kinda eh.

ZeroX03

Banned
Best show in the Arrowverse returns!

#5.16 "Checkmate"
Episode Promo
OLIVER SEEKS THE TRUTH - Oliver (Stephen Amell) gets closer to the truth about Prometheus. Meanwhile, Helix refuses to continue helping Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) until she does a favor for them. Shane Black directed the episode written by Ben Schwartz & Adam Pally.
ar516a-0171b-236050.jpg

The Sin-Eater and Bratva? Those were the 2 episodes I was a little iffy about. Nothing as frustrating last season, just kinda eh.

Yeah those two would be it. They're still fine episodes and didn't break the streak, but they're essentially filler. Nothing important or tied to the main narrative happens. They just hide it by tying into Arrow's deep history.

Top Bottom