• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned
The voice is part of the deception.

There was also the gun control episode where Adrian gets shot and next scene Vigilante tries to angrily take revenge. They carefully crafted it to seem like Adrian is obviously Vigilante otherwise it would've been extremely obvious he was Prometheus!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm not sure if Vigilante would work with a person who killed a non-crooked Cop. So there will probably be an adversarial relationship for a few more episodes.

I imagine Vigilante's extra-long facial scan of Dinah during their fight will turn his opinion once he puts everything together.

Skux

Fantastic reveal. Knowing that it's Adrian paints all of their previous scenes in a new light.

Now though, who the fuck is Vigilante?

morningbus

Yeah, adapt the Bruce Wayne/Thomas Wayne Jr. story everyone is surprisingly okay with.

morningbus

Earth-3 or Lincoln March? I never bought March as an actual Wayne, so the story works for me.

Lincoln March. It's just surprising to me because comic fans love to complain about every storyline that could possibly, even slightly maybe mess with the lore.

ZeroX03

Banned
Lincoln March. It's just surprising to me because comic fans love to complain about every storyline that could possibly, even slightly maybe mess with the lore.

I mean it came with the New 52, so it was part of a wave of changes. Depending on your reading of it the lore doesn't really change anyway, it's just something Bruce didn't know.

That and it's just a good story. Easier to like and accept, even if the earlier chapters were better which is par for the course for Snyder.

Dysun

The swerve caught me completely off-guard. These shows are often far too predictable, but that one really surprised me. He was so clearly Vigilante that it left no space to doubt

The swerve caught me completely off-guard. These shows are often far too predictable, but that one really surprised me. He was so clearly Vigilante that it left no space to doubt

I was one of the people who thought Adrian was both.

My reaction during that scene was -

"Wait - then who the fuck is Prometheus?"

"Oh. Then who the fuck is Vigilante?"

Makonero

I assumed based on the name and fell for the swerve hard. I love it! Vigilante has to be the police chief guy, the one Ollie confided in last episode. He's the only one that fits.

Or it's Paul and we will have a great showdown between Curtis and him soon. I'm down with either option.

I assumed based on the name and fell for the swerve hard. I love it! Vigilante has to be the police chief guy, the one Ollie confided in last episode. He's the only one that fits.

Or it's Paul and we will have a great showdown between Curtis and him soon. I'm down with either option.

The Police Chief has been around since season 1 I think. Why would he start being the Vigilante now? We also have to keep in mind that the Vigilante has access to some pretty hi-tech gear which I imagine means he has some wealth backing him.

That Prometheus reveal works on a few levels. If you're not comic-smart, Adrian is Oliver's friend. If you are comic smart, you expected Adrian to be Vigilante. Well played, folks.

Calling it now: Vigilante is Paul.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Vigilante is the Helix chick.
Nah, Vigilante is really E1 Olsen, so he can do something in some show

Speaking of forgotten characters, what happened to Evelyn? We haven't seen her in awhile.

Phamit

I was pretty sure that Adrian was Prometheus until he took that piece from Dinah, that really took me off guard. Maybe because I skipped S4 and went directly from Season 3 to 5 and Sebastian Blood was still fresh.

morningbus

I'd be surprised if it doesn't return for at least one more season. The ratings would really have to crater when it eventually does come back.

Joni

Not if they steal another Al Ghul. They will fall victim to a really mean letter writing campaign.

Gotham will get another season purely for syndication.
Warner owns Gotham, not fox. That means it comes down to how much Warner is willing to cut costs.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder if it's a happy accident that the Green Arrow became Public Enemy #1 just as the "Emerald Outlaw" storyline started up in the comic. Probably, but I like to imagine the faintest amount of synergy lol

What? No. Prometheus knows full well Oliver is the original Arrow. He knows all about the Lance sister history, the metahuman prison, the fucking Legends and was taught by Shiva Talia who was the one who told Oliver to become the Hood.

Also all of Team Flash, the Legends and the recruits know he was the Arrow too.

This is giving me weird TDKR vibes....

What if Talia is the main villain at the end of the season and rolls over into next season?!

Top Bottom