• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Mario007

Should I really skip 3,4?

Binge season 3, it's actually good when watched this way and not week-to-week.

S4 the start until the mid-season finale was ok (though largely a Legends of tomorrow set up). You cam watch E1, E2, E5, E6, E8, E9, E10, E19, E20, E21,E22 and you're sorted.

The first two episodes
introduce the villain,
, E5 has a
Constantine
, E6
is just great action and starts a subpolot for the whole season

Season 3 is not good, Season 4 is literally just Season 2 again, but it's good minus a couple of moments of just full on fucking dumbassery
I cant say I agree with that. They are both awful.

HOWEVER, they both start off decent, so it wouldn't be too painful to watch from each season finale, up the mid-season finale, and then skip to the last two or so episodes, and you'll get enough. Be sure to catch the Arrow/Flash crossover in season 3. You don't need to watch the crossover in 4.

LionPride

Banned
Season 2 of Flash and Season 4 of Arrow were both screwed by having to set up Legends of Tomorrow, once they got past that, the shows got better

ZeroX03

Banned
People who've binged seasons 3 and 4 seem to find it a lot more watchable than those who were doing it week to week. If you've got the time to quickly get through them, do it.

ZeroX03

Banned
The Arrow S3 and S4 hyperbole is insane.

Like they're not great, but go and fucking rewatch Smallville or [insert almost any WB show] just in case you were under the impression that they were any better. There's some truly awful television if you look for it. There's like Buffy and Gilmore Girls that were better, but by and large Arrow at it's worst is still better than most of the genre garbage.

Anyway I stand by skip them if you've got time limitations, if you can quickly binge them they're not too bad.

So despite the vast amount of television to exist, one meh season and one good season of a show are two of the worst seasons of anything?

K

Of anything I have seen, Yes.
arrow-the-offer-ras-al-ghul-costume.png

HBeqXhF
iowSrts

MrECd5i
yQspjY9

ZeroX03

Banned
Be a Fly on the prison walls on tonight's episode of Arrow... and PS. he's back.

#5.17 "Kapiushon" ("Hood" in Russian)
Episode Promo
THE BREAKING POINT - Prometheus (Josh Segarra) goes to great lengths to break Oliver's back (Stephen Amell). Meanwhile, in the flashbacks, Anatoly (guest star David Nykl) becomes worried about Oliver's increasingly violent tendencies, which come to a head in a brutal confrontation. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich.
arrow-05x17-003-237211.jpg

I think they should treat Music Meister as just a full on reality warper (like Q from Star Trek) and have him transplant the Arrow cast into Robin Hood one of these days when he wants to teach Oliver a lesson.

that musical episode of Flash was so good.

ZeroX03

Banned
OLICITY NEWS ALERT!!
Question: Have any scoop on Arrow‘s Olicity to tease? It will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Ausiello: Though Oliver has bigger fish to fry for the foreseeable future, Stephen Amell had this to say about Oliver’s take on Felicity’s recent secret-keeping: “Look, he does trust her, but that doesn’t mean he has to agree with her.” That distinction will be put to the test in Episode 19, which is officially titled “Dangerous Liaisons” but “you could almost call it ‘Team Arrow vs. Team Felicity,'” Amell shared. Felicity and her Helix hackers and Oliver’s associates “are both after the same objective, but after it in different ways. And that pushes us into a real exploration of why Oliver and Felicity have been behaving the way that they’ve been behaving this year.”
http://tvline.com/2017/03/22/bones-series-finale-447-mystery-spoilers-season-12/

If they pull whatever it is off, I'm hyped. If not, it could bomb the season.

Even if the rest of the season is full of duds, 16/23 is pretty damn respectable for these shows. It'd go down as the season of missed potential.

I don't think it'll really falter until the final three, which are always a bit weak for Arrow. But I doubt they'll be bad.

Hows season 5 shaping up?

only watched season 1 and 2

Pretty 'meh', which is to say a lot better than the last two seasons.

It's just retreading parts of previous seasons mostly. Swapping Queen industries for Mayor office, Canary, Roy training for new faces and another Canary.

Even has some of the same plot twists.

GulAtiCa

Pretty 'meh', which is to say a lot better than the last two seasons.

It's just retreading parts of previous seasons mostly. Swapping Queen industries for Mayor office, Canary, Roy training for new faces and another Canary.

Even has some of the same plot twists.
Pretty meh? Your alone with that statement. Pretty great

Top Bottom