• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Zen Aku

Yeah, Oliver decisively beating Ra's was bullshit and that and his effortlessly taking down Malcolm has made his fights with everyone else inconsistent if not outright stupid in a way that IMO is worse than the Flash.
Oliver should have won against Ra's in a bloody battle that ended with Oliver nearly on the brink of death. I think that would have been better than the Metal Gear Solid IV dragged out death.

At least that would give it context that Oliver barely beat Ra's. What we got made it seems like he was just toying with Ra's until "No" then counter, stab. Done. Tada!

That shit was weak.

Is it bad that I want Roy back? I miss his angsty ass. Reminds me of what Jason Todd would be like.

I want Roy back at the very least for
2383498-jade_6.png

I miss his flips. It's been a long time since I had something to turn into a GIF.
Prometheus dropped us a flip for the season.

I'm assuming that just means that he will be back on the island by season's end, since he'll have to take a raft from there to Starling City to match up with season 1.

Joni

What would happen would be that
another person will beat Deathstroke—probably handily to show off how strong Prometheus is.
Are you sure that's something we'd want to see?

It also wouldn't make sense. Prometheus doesn't need to be stronger than Oliver, he is ten steps ahead and outsmarting him. As far as we can see, Oliver is still stronger.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Adam West guest starring on Powerless was just a ruse.

He's actually on Arrow. And he's Bruce Wayne. And Batman 66 is canon.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Didn't he also say the same thing about last season? Or was that S3?
He has singled out upcoming episodes before for being awesome, or exciting for one reason or another. He did it before with the mid-season of season 3, I think. And he did do it with an episode of season 4 which I think many didn't end up agreeing with him on.

A lot can happen with these shows, especially in editing. The amount of shit that ended up on the cutting room floor of Flash season 1, for example, could probably have extended each episode by 5 to 10 minutes. So keep in mind he's basically always hyping the script and the ideas and the stuff he has filmed, not necessarily the final product.

He'll continue to get the benefit of the doubt from me, especially since his hype for this season so far has been on point.

LionPride

Banned
Season 1 was the only good one tbh until Season 5 which is the best cw dc has ever been overall imo

Season 2 had some awesome twists and reveals. Especially Slade showing up in star city. But man there's a lot of crap in that season. And the action took a step down as well

Btw this was peak Malcolm Merlyn. Dude sounded like William Defoe. Lmao the Tommy actor gets shook too

https://youtu.be/ShH8EewhsGM

I take issue with that statement.

It also lacked Sara Lance.
Caity Lotz's acting is not the best, so that's not much of a loss.

Season 2 had a lot of good things, but Ravenger...

Catching up on Arrow since I missed last week.

Chase.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That's the kind of villain I like. Now they have to stick the landing, which is where they usually falter.

LionPride

Banned
Catching up on Arrow since I missed last week.

Chase.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That's the kind of villain I like. Now they have to stick the landing, which is where they usually falter.
They've done so well this season, even with the one off villains like Cody Rhodes, I trust them to land this one

GulAtiCa

Best Season ever for Arrow easily.

Also, Barrowman confirmed on his pre-Flash episode live chat with fans, that he will be back in a future Arrow episode. Also, this Thursday he is dying his hair black again.

ZeroX03

Banned
S5 hasn't quite reached the highest of highs, but it's been super consistent. Even the weakest episodes were still very good. This is the longest hot streak in the Arrowverse yet.

Mario007

S5 hasn't quite reached the highest of highs, but it's been super consistent. Even the weakest episodes were still very good. This is the longest hot streak in the Arrowverse yet.

It's getting there, if the last episode was any indication. It reminded me of the time Slade was in Oliver's home doing business with Moira and Ollie couldn't do anything about it. Except that was a flashback heavy episode, here they pull the same thing off with more screentime which is more impressive.

Top Bottom