• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

LotusHD

Banned
Really appreciated the decision to keep the entire present episode in the cell. I expected some B plot about the other team members stopping crime or something, as it usually goes with these sorts of episodes.

I would hope if there was a B plot it'd be focused on rescuing him lmao

17 outta fucking 17

I'm honestly shocked at how this season keeps being.

It really was a smart decision to keep the present timeline in the cell. Jumping around would have diluted the intensity of the situation.

This episode went to some really dark places. I can't imagine how much further the rest of the season will go.

giphy.gif

Dang thought this episode would end with season 1 Oliver back in full effect, not this soul snatched man.

Truth is Oliver will gets broken often but this time he really get fuck up .
He can't get over everything is his fault mind set \ people would be better off with out him .

ZeroX03

Banned
That episode was fucking insane. It was exhausting to watch, and I mean that in the good way. Super focused. Incredibly dark. Chase and Artemis are psychotic. Using Merlyn as charming comic relief was a lovely surprise - and more Kovar to come! Love Dolph!

If this episode came any other year, it would've had a C-plot and cut to the team. But like the gun control episode, they had the confidence to keep it laser pointed on the Russian monster and Chase.

"Disbanded" Promo

The Flash might be the fastest man alive, but Arrow's been running circles around that show. And when Flash drops the musical, Arrow brings it even harder.

Pics_nao

What an episode. Holy fucking shit. Absolutely incredible.

Season is easily on par with 2 if not better at this point. Chase is such an amazing villain.

Great episode, and the flashbacks are working very, very well this season.

I wonder how Oliver is crawling out of that hole. Either he doesn't any we get Cry For Justice, or he does and... what?

Dynomutt

Great episode. I really thought we would get a villain of the week type of plot but that was well done. I hope Evelyn catches her comeuppance!

???

How exactly is he weak willed?

He blame him self for everything and goes into shell often .
This is same man that run away from the city when he was only able to save half of it and tommy died.
Wanted to give him self up after his mother die .
Leave after beating Ra cause it was getting to much for him .
And in this ep decide it best to disband the team .

He is full of to much guilt and let that control him to much .

EDIT or maybe i just really unhappy that he did not kill Artemis this ep lol .

Sober

Truth is Oliver will gets broken often but this time he really get fuck up .
He can't get over everything is his fault mind set \ people would be better off with out him .
It kinda retroactively explains Oliver's decisions a lot of time even during S3/S4 season where it was like prime drama and him not trusting people.

Except if you think about it a man who went through all the shit back we only saw for a few seasons it made complete sense. Not that the show didn't sometimes did a crap job at doing it. I think it finally stuck with this episode (and this season) though.

I mean the secret he wanted Oliver to confess felt kind of obvious but it also felt natural.

Holy shit. I knew the episode would be dark, but not soul-snatchingly dark.

I was already thinking of the "I'm not a hero" line coming from him when he inevitably does kill Prometheus.

It kinda retroactively explains Oliver's decisions a lot of time even during S3/S4 season where it was like prime drama and him not trusting people.

Except if you think about it a man who went through all the shit back we only saw for a few seasons it made complete sense. Not that the show didn't sometimes did a crap job at doing it. I think it finally stuck with this episode (and this season) though.

I mean the secret he wanted Oliver to confess felt kind of obvious but it also felt natural.

S5 is pretty much cleaning up the messes left over by S3/S4 and tying up Oliver's character arc. From Tommy calling him a murderer (which after this episode it, yeah it's definitely true.), S2 and Slade bringing him to his most heroic, to Ra's pushing Oliver to even kill again to Damien making Oliver Straight up kill again to Adrian pulling a Liquid Snake on him.

My guess is he reveals himself as Green Arrow and maybe kills Prometheus as Oliver Queen. There's a lot of fuss about how he can't manage the two identities.

All they have to do is stick the landing and have the final line of the season be "the truth is... I am the Green Arrow" and it's basically the GOAT.

Yep the only thing i worry about is the paid off at the end of the season .
Artemis and Prometheus really need to get what coming to them .

All they have to do is stick the landing and have the final line of the season be "the truth is... I am the Green Arrow" and it's basically the GOAT.

If the season doesn't end with him reciting the speech from the opening in front of a crowd then I'll flip a table.

Top Bottom