• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

To be honest it's disappointing to know it'll continue after this season. Way things are heading, it'd be a perfect ending the series and wrap up the five years. It'll be tough to see what Season 6 could be after this.

I think they can do something good even if it's not as good as this season .
Don't forget before this season start arrow was at a all time low and not many people had hope for it .
One thing that should be interesting is that the 5 year flashbacks going to end .
Once they land the end you looking at a great come back for a tv show.

EDIT thanks for the answer MH that sounds great .

okay that look awesome lol
What is story behind that ?

Comic Prometheus sets off a bomb in the middle of Star City, killing a ton of folks and killing Ollie's surrogate grand-daughter. Thus we end up of the panels shown Green Arrow killing Prometheus.

Then during the Brightest Day event, a DC Universe entity grows a forest in the rubble.

During the run, Green Arrow would operate in the city, but also ended up being more Robin Hood style within the forest itself. It worked because comic Ollie was a bit of an environmental bleeding heart liberal and it gave him a solid stomping ground, an area of the city that was purely Green Arrow's.

ZeroX03

Banned
Plenty of directions they can go with a public identity Green Arrow.

No show can continue an insane streak of quality forever, especially not at 23 episodes a season. It's unavoidable that there's going to be off episodes or even seasons, as we well know.

Really appreciated the decision to keep the entire present episode in the cell. I expected some B plot about the other team members stopping crime or something, as it usually goes with these sorts of episodes.

Yep. It's kind of annoying when these shows have to give all the characters something to do for no reason but to give them screen time. It happened yesterday with flash musical but thankfully it was fairly small

Arrow was smart cutting it out entirely for this one

Another fire episode. Best season of a DCW show so far for me. Kinda funny how the freaking child sex trafficking bratva takes issue with a guy torturing somebody for info tho.

Man I love chase. He doesn't have room for a recurring spot in the series tbh. This the type of villain to kill himself before being captured but he's done a great job before and after the heel turn

Also those flashback action scenes always make me miss punisher arrow. The action is so much cooler when he's just going for the kill with his arrows

It'd be my favorite season if they end with the Star City forest.

Honestly, I thought Darhk's plan would end that way.

CW loves their stunt casting. They could get a double-whammy by bringing in John Glover (Lionel Luthor from Smallville) to reprise his role from Batman and Robin as the Floronic Man. Have him be behind the Star City Forest.

This is the best season and Chase is the best villain. The "i know i just don´t care line" delivery send shivers down my spine. Jesus, what a dark episode. Also Oliver is a monster.

Tonight's episode is when this season passed season 2 for me. Just so consistently fantastic. I just really hope they can stick the landing. They have such a great villain. I hope they don't screw it up.

quesalupa

This is the best season and Chase is the best villain. The "i know i just don´t care line" delivery send shivers down my spine. Jesus, what a dark episode. Also Oliver is a monster.
I liked the line but I couldn't make out what Ollie said before it. Anyone remember?

I could have predicted the secret, but the way to got to it was amazing and brutal.
I kind of always just assumed he enjoyed killing considering how naturally nonchalant he is about it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Pretty good episode. Very Bratva heavy but they needed to close off the loose ends with that storyline. Kovar still being alive is a bit much for me, but we'll see how it plays out. It's one of those things we all suspected would happen since the show loves using flashback villains in the present day story. I just thought Talia fulfilled that role this year.

I knew Evelyn wasn't dead! She didn't get this shows patented neck snap sound effect lol.

Prometheus broke Oliver's spirit. Damn.

EDIT: Oh, and the stunt work in the flashbacks were well done. Iron Fist didn't have moments as good over its entire run. Yes, I'm stills salty about a martial arts show having nothing but shitty fights.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's just retreading parts of previous seasons mostly. Swapping Queen industries for Mayor office, Canary, Roy training for new faces and another Canary.

Even has some of the same plot twists.

It does feel pretty samey - like, Oliver at the end of tonight's episode was all "I'm done", but how many times have we heard that before? He obviously isn't going to stop being the Green Arrow for very long.

ZeroX03

Banned
Evelyn is going to take a bullet from Wild Dog. Wild Dog is best recruit. Never betrayed. Never gave up the good fight.
Okay Curtis too but nobody cared who he was until he pulled out the T-Spheres

And yes Oliver will suit up after an episode. We all know how this cycle goes. Them repeating plot lines is going to happen on a show thing long. To me it doesn't matter this time because they absolutely earned it. Chase broke him.

Xenoboy

This episode had me in legit fucking chills, god damn. I need a gif with the caption, I wanted to and I like it!
God damnit, this episode is my in my top 3 arrowverse episodes.
I know want a torture episode for Kara and Barry.

Zaverious

If weren't for that last scene, I would like to think there'd be an episode before or after the Prometheus stuff is done where Oliver decides to fuck it and hunt after the villains he let live like Merlyn, China White, Slade, etc.

Now that was the best episode of Arrow I have seen in quite a while. So glad to see Dolph Lundgren fighting and all and the main theme was superb. He is a monster after all

MartyStu

Evelyn is going to take a bullet from Wild Dog. Wild Dog is best recruit. Never betrayed. Never gave up the good fight.
Okay Curtis too but nobody cared who he was until he pulled out the T-Spheres

And yes Oliver will suit up after an episode. We all know how this cycle goes. Them repeating plot lines is going to happen on a show thing long. To me it doesn't matter this time because they absolutely earned it. Chase broke him.

Call me crazy, but I would actually like it if Evelyn survived and went on to bigger and better things in universe.

The sort of anger she triggers in the fanbase is pretty awesome. Having a character like that around is great.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Call me crazy, but I would actually like it if Evelyn survived and went on to bigger and better things in universe.

The sort of anger she triggers in the fanbase is pretty awesome. Having a character like that around is great.

I'm surprised they didn't take that out and have her as a reluctant turncoat. She's deep in it now though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Episode was crazy....S1 Ollie was such a beast. Really makes you understand why he did anything he could to prevent from Theo going down the same path with the Killing. Damn....
giphy.gif

LOOOOOOOOOOL

That was a very good episode, up there with the best of the series.

I still wish and hope there still might be more to Chase's origin aside from the fact Oliver killed his dad 5 years, who was pretty much a nobody no one cares about. Perhaps that's the point, but I dunno, I'm just down with it.

Joni

"Sorry Ollie we called Cisco and turns out Barry was in a coma"
For what, an hour or two. He spent the rest of the week hanging with Kara. I sometimes wish we had episodes were everyone was telling what happened. Like Sara talking about going to the war, Amaya coming to terms with her destiny. Oliver talking about the torture and then Barry about how he was in a dream that saved his marriage.

I'm like 10 episodes behind, but as I understand it, Dolph is barely in the show? What gives? I thought he was going to the main draw of the season, instead we got yet another Archer dressed like Dark Oliver.

Top Bottom