• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Shieeeeeet. Forget 10 steps, Chase is already done with the marathon and Team Arrow hasn't event gotten to the starting line yet.

A very drama heavy episode but it was still entertaining. Glad Diggle and Lyla aren't breaking up soon and Oliver and Felicty found a way to reconcile without getting back together. Renee, Dinah, and Curtis were a lot of fun this episode too.

I like character development episodes so I definitely enjoyed this.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Wait, what about Martian Manhunter and James?

Arrow's Earth

eBkSP1n.png

jb1234

About halfway through this episode, I started fast-forwarding through the Oliver/Felicity scenes. That doesn't exactly speak volumes for how riveting I found it as a whole. It doesn't help that this type of melodrama brings out the worst in both actors. Add to that some equally uninteresting John/Lyla drama and you have what's definitely the weakest episode of the season.

Also, starting a motorcycle in an enclosed space that's already running out of air sounds like a mindnumbingly stupid idea.

Decent filler episode, they did well with what the subject matter was I think. Still trips me out seeing the actor who plays Chase being a villain, just because his character in Sirens is so over the top, but he's done a great job all season.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Dull? Eh I thought he was a fairly pleasant and cool-headed character who pretty much provided a nice lens to see the show through.

Being that lens works when you're more than an occasional guest-star that leaves halfway. And even then, I can't think of a single thing he said beyond "something something I'm sad about nukes."

The new Black Canary hasn't had much to do, but she's already a helluva lot more memorable as an actual personality who is also a bit of an outsider on the team.

Batman gets the best interactions in the Injustice comics
Code:
[IMG]https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/madame-xanadu-hates-john-constantine-2.jpg[/IMG]

18318799_10154769825548732_862142836_o.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
You know, it was a good idea to come back to this. Explain the thought process a bit more.

It is and it isn't. Reasonable people are like, "oh, they're tying to fix some of the problems with the characters"

Unreasonable people are already crafting their reddit shitposts about how they want to throw acid on Felicity's face.

Joni

Unreasonable people are already crafting their reddit shitposts about how they want to throw acid on Felicity's face.

So like after every episode this season that contained Felicity. It is counterbalanced by the Olicity people and I'd think rabid fangirls would win in a fight against the reddit crowd.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I REALLY liked this episode. Clearly a bottle episode, but it was a culmination of a lot of the character threads from throughout this season. I especially enjoyed the usage of the flashbacks here. That salmon ladder scene was actually pretty steamy. And using Lyla and Dig's current issues to parallel Felicity and Oliver's, yes yes yes. I also appreciate that the Diggle stuff didn't come out of left field and had been established in the previous episode.

This one also did a good job of keeping things moving even though it was in a confined space. I thought Felicity's motorcycle solution was legitimately clever, which you don't see too often on these shows. And even though there was melodrama sprinkled throughout, it never lingered for too long. Felicity leaned heavy on the gallows humors, and then Curtis and Wild Dog kept the outside stuff light.

I know this probably isn't one for everyone, but all the character work here clicked for me.

Zen Aku

You know I gotta say, that's probably one of the very few episodes in the entire series where the Olicity drama was really well done. Not once did I rolled my eyes or wishes to turn off the tv at all.

For a filler episode they sure did advanced Oliver and Felicity relationship in a meaningful way. Diggle and Layla too.

Being that lens works when you're more than an occasional guest-star that leaves halfway. And even then, I can't think of a single thing he said beyond "something something I'm sad about nukes."

The new Black Canary hasn't had much to do, but she's already a helluva lot more memorable as an actual personality who is also a bit of an outsider on the team.

I mean I think that's more so on you than the show.

Funny thing is, people are calling Dinah more of a blank slate than than they are Rene..

Idk how she's a blank slate personality wise. Not every character needs to immediately pop out at you with personality.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I mean I think that's more so on you than the show.

Funny thing is, people are calling Dinah more of a blank slate than than they are Rene..

Idk how she's a blank slate personality wise. Not every character needs to immediately pop out at you with personality.

Wild Dog is fine. I'm talking about Rag Man.

I don't need them to be some overthetop performance, but I atleast need to be able to describe what their deal is. I can't do that with Rory.

Wild Dog is fine. I'm talking about Rag Man.

I don't need them to be some overthetop performance, but I atleast need to be able to describe what their deal is. I can't do that with Rory.

Yah sorry my bad.

Rory is just a dude getting over a bunch of death by being as snarky yet aware as possible. Dude is also genuine as fuck and not afraid to really speak up when shit concerns him or endangers the team. That's pretty much spelled out while he was there.

Zen Aku

Except Felicity and Oliver resolving things means they'll be on the same page, which'll play into the last few eps.
Well yeah, but Oliver vs Adrian is still the main story. Glad we actually see Adrian do something this week.

He's probably the creepiest villain in this universe since S1 Harrison Wells

DeathyBoy

Banned
Well yeah, but Oliver vs Adrian is still the main story. Glad we actually see Adrian do something this week.

He's probably the creepiest villain in this universe since S1 Harrison Wells

You said it was filler.

To me filler is an episode not connected to any others existing solely to entertain. Arrowverse is generally really good at having at least some character stuff connect episodes.

Wow, that episode was ROUGH. I was originally upset that my DVR didn't record it but now that I've watched it I think it was trying to do me a favor.

But, no use harping on it I guess. Just going to move on to next week.

Definitely one of the weaker eps this season and callback to the worst part of series(walking out lol). Hopefully the Olicity kidney stone has passed and we get more Chase fuckery.

Definitely one of the weaker eps this season and callback to the worst part of series(walking out lol). Hopefully the Olicity kidney stone has passed and we get more Chase fuckery.

Don't think they got that much more chase fuckery to go .
We are down to the last 3 ep so looking forward to how everyone end on the island .

strafer

How much arm strength does Oliver have though? Lifting her up like that while dangling.

I would just have dropped her. She could have made it.

sirap

^ That's not even peak Diggle. He's even bigger now lol. David Ramsey just keeps getting bigger while Amell continues to shrink.

This episode made me sad, only because the flashbacks showed just how fun and charming Felicity can be when they're not writing her as the vindictive, holier-than-though hypocrite we've gotten for the past two seasons.

^ That's not even peak Diggle. He's even bigger now lol.

This episode made me sad, only because the flashbacks showed just how fun and charming Felicity can be when they're not writing her as the vindictive, holier-than-though hypocrite we've gotten for the past two seasons.

Well more part of the last 2 seasons .
Since like people said she was okay for first 8 ep of last season .

Joni

^ That's not even peak Diggle. He's even bigger now lol. David Ramsey just keeps getting bigger while Amell continues to shrink.

He is stealing muscles from amell

Top Bottom