• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

That was a good episode, Ragman was pretty well done, though his voice under the mask was really hard to understand sometimes. I knew I recognized the actor who plays him, it's Ellie's boyfriend, David from Blindspot.

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't wait to find out the convoluted way Ragman/Prometheus finds out about Felicity changing the course of the nuke.

I wanna tell you how stupid your Ragman = Prometheus theory is, but after Jay = Zoom basically any wild theory is potentially valid.

that was terrific, hope the show stays this brutal all season

cutty is great

ragman is dope

😐

lol

Btw Bamford is back to direct the crossover episode so he's not gone for long.

Oh, nice.

I know the guest star is cool, but keep it like Ragman guys.
Under wraps.

I0tS4pB.jpg

Chase17

I wanna tell you how stupid your Ragman = Prometheus theory is, but after Jay = Zoom basically any wild theory is potentially valid.
This is season five. I have to go big with these predictions.

Although it makes no sense at all from him to go from handshake with GA, to leave "leave him for me" mode. And of course the whole established character thing.

Dereck

I think it was much easier for me to enjoy an episode like this, I'd imagine it's because most of the characters who are usually angry at or not talking to Oliver in previous seasons are all talking to him now. There's less Felicity drama going on and I like Oliver yelling at the new recruits. Also Diggle isn't in Oliver's ear giving him captain obvious tier advice.

Willa Holland needs to stop being adorable though

lmao

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
so I stopped watching s4 after the mid-season finale, so I don't know how s4 ended but is the reason why there's no Olicity is because of Barry fucking up the timeline?

if so, thanks Barry for fucking up the timeline :bow

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Another good episode. I'm starting to feel confident the writers are getting Arrow back on track after the last 2 seasons.

It will depend on these:

- Prometheus being a decent villain
- Olicity shit being as untouched as possible
- Flashbacks being good.

Joni

so I stopped watching s4 after the mid-season finale, so I don't know how s4 ended but is the reason why there's no Olicity is because of Barry fucking up the timeline?

if so, thanks Barry for fucking up the timeline :bow

No. There was Olicity drama because of Barry fucking with the timeline in the crossover last year which is why they aren't together anymore.

Joni

One issue with Serial Killer Arrow being back is that villains have to get away w/o dying again.
Like Damian would have died halfway through the season and he was seriously OP.

Wouldn't it be a good surprise if Oliver killed the seemingly season villain somewhere in the winter finale, just in the time for the big bad to step in?

Wouldn't it be a good surprise if Oliver killed the seemingly season villain somewhere in the winter finale, just in the time for the big bad to step in?
I still don't see church as a particular threat, he's like fat and kinda dumb. He's a small fish compared to what we got previously, turf wars are so season 1. The whole kidnap the mayor stint wasn't very well thought out either.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
That was...another good episode? Like last week, the only thing I didn't really care for was the end of episode stinger. And even that was better than usual with Cutty just not giving a fuck about his henchmen getting put down with arrows.

Flashback tied into the main plot well, Diggle has a semi interesting side plot going on, Felicity was good comedic relief again, and even Thea had stuff to do. Bravo, Arrow Writers. Keep it up.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
No, Prometheus is tech based, and not related to Ragman at all.

The two having similar outfits seems to have thrown a lot of people.

Yeah, they both look extremely similar. Especially in dark lighting, they're just hooded guys with rag masks. Ragman's design I get. But Prometheus is a little too toned down. I know they're basically just using the name of the character, but they could have been a little more ostentatious with his design to distance him from the Dark Archer or Ragman.

ZeroX03

Banned
Prometheus' traditional comic outfit somehow manages to look distinct and memorable despite kind of being the stupidest, goofiest thing ever.

Also the director with a humble shout out to himself in the episode:

Got the urge to rewatch a bit of season 1 instead of watching flash and I had completely forgotten walter existed.
Also what happened to their manor?

And BTW what does Felicity do for work now? Suddenly she needs her BF for stuff she handled just fine in the past as well.

ZeroX03

Banned
And BTW what does Felicity do for work now? Suddenly she needs her BF for stuff she handled just fine in the past as well.

She mentioned some of her tech was destroyed by the Ghosts in S4 which is why her boyfriend was needed. She's still with PalmerTech is some capacity, their base is still under there.

KonradLaw

Second great episode in the row. This season is off to an awesome start.
The new recruits are fun, a lot more than previous team was initially, mostly because they feel like comicbook characters instead of soap people forced into vigilante roles.
They're handling the villains extremely well too. S3 suffered from lacking Ra's early on. S4 benefited from introducing Darkh so early, but he then suffered from overexposure. Here it seems they're setting up Church as mid-boss, and Prometheus is present, but only on the fridges, so by the time his turn comes we won't get tired of him.

Plus dick Oliver is the best Oliver. You have to wonder just how fucked up he needs to be to consider that Bratva's excercise a good template for building a team :D Which reminds me to mention that the flashbacks are awesome this year.
Please CW. Keep it up.

Man I had forgotten just how fucked up Oliver got before he even reached Lian Shu. His dad murder suicided some guy right after his girlfriend's sister supposedly died.

Yet here he is in his most collected form of all seasons. He got a plan, he got no qualms murdering folks, he's goddamn frickin ripped, he completely sees through people,...
Gods be damned season 1 was so good. I want these set pieces back, they were so rough around the edges now everything's shiny and high tech.

Sölf

Another good episode. The hell is wrong with Arrow, putting out 2 good episodes in a row? What bizarro world is this?

I like Ragman. And yeah, he will definitly go bonkers when he finds out that Felicity was the one who redirected the rocket. And I already know I don't want to see the drama that will unfold then.

Top Bottom