• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Joni

How much would you need to show Tommy for it to work. Once with the reveal, then to defeat him. Would Chicago med be kind enough to let him go long enough. Probably not.

If i remember reading right Prometheus suppose to be call back to season 1 also .
So i expect it to be someone or connected to someone oliver fuck over in season 1

KonradLaw

Tommy as Prometheus would be the amazing thing that could never happen. Fucking Chicago Med.
!

Fuck Chicago franchise as a whole. Denying us Red Hood Tommy. Putting Philip fricking Winchester into a role of a boring lawyer...

How much more evil do we allow Chicago to commit before we say it's enough?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If i remember reading right Prometheus suppose to be call back to season 1 also .
So i expect it to be someone or connected to someone oliver fuck over in season 1

Plus we need someone from the flashbacks to show up in modern day per the usual.

They actually might avoid that this season since Oliver's experiences are directly being mirrored in the present...but I wouldn't put it past the show yet.

See the thing with me is you just barely see Prometheus at the end of the last episode. and the most memorable thing about him was the rags on his face and then you get to this episode and you see this guy with rags on his face and I thought it was the same guy.

I didn't get it to after the episode was over I can see difference now but there faces are too similar.

Anyways two good episodes, but I can see undertones of unnecessary drama in the future. We'll have to see if its handled well or not. Hopefully it will be.

My hope is that Prometheus knows about Ragman and is pretending to be him. Then, at some point, Oliver rips the rags off, and we see his real mask.

But, that aside, I'm getting tired of the ol' hooded ninja outfit.

Oh my lord I'm re-watching the pilot and JESUS CHRIST Amell can't act for shit here

The monologues in this, oh god. They basically cast based on the abs and then surrounded him with the best people they could get

Also WHERE IS RAISA

Chase17

Oh my lord I'm re-watching the pilot and JESUS CHRIST Amell can't act for shit here

The monologues in this, oh god. They basically cast based on the abs and then surrounded him with the best people they could get

Also WHERE IS RAISA
I think we've found our Prometheus.

I think we've found our Prometheus.

omg

yo how did nobody figure out Ollie was the Arrow quicker, his first night he karate chops his mom after sleeping in the rain like a peasant

And Pilot Sara Lance must be pretty pissed considering how that role grew over the years

Chase17

Sleeper picks for Prometheus:
-Ragman
-Eddie (this slot would have gone to Tommy but he's off making that med money)
-A woman (eventually the big bad has to be a woman right?)

lol at Ollie trying to pull a Bruce Wayne in S1 with Laurel

Also fucking lol at Diggle being A: everywhere and B: not showing off the GUNZ

Also WHERE IS RAISA

I maintain that Amell is/was a fine actor, just in a role that the showrunners think calls for a ridiculous degree of stiffness.

tbh I think the show got way way better when they started to embrace the goofiness

S1 is melodrama central and while it looks a lot better cinematography wise, it needs a lot of time to get where it wants to go

Like hell I'll take S4 over S1 at this point

Chase17

Was S4 goofy when it cured paralysis. That was the most serious moment in the arrowverse /s

Darhk was actually the perfect mix of ham and threat for the show.

Talk of season 1 just reminded me that Walter is/was a character on this show. I'm replacing Eddie on my list with him.

Was S4 goofy when it cured parayslis. That was the most serious moment in the arrowverse /s

NOTHING S1 ever did is as egregious as that bullshit

Walter never had beef with Ollie though.

I always thought that was a refreshing thing S1 did (along with everyone thinking Ollie was the Arrow early). Walter isn't his dad but he is family

Also I forgot about SPEEDY LOVING COKE and just being a shitarse for the first half of S1

*Speedy barges in on Ollie dressing, sees his fucked up scars*

Speedy: Hey how'd you get those
Ollie: Uh I don't want to talk about getting stabbed n shit
Speedy: WELL FUK U THEN

Chase17

Walter never had beef with Ollie though.
Good point. At first I was going to brush it off and say that they could retcon beef in, but instead I decided to dig deeper. And after minutes of deliberation I have come to this conclusion.

Who do we know that:
-Could feasibly put on a mask
-Has undeniable skill with the bow and arrow
-Could hold a grudge against Ollie for various reasons such as cutting off his hand
-Takes pride in "protecting" his daughter by taking actions that upset her
-Can emerge out of nowhere
-Has been suspiciously absent for the first two episodes

That's right, Malcom Merlyn. The why I haven't worked out yet.

*Speedy barges in on Ollie dressing, sees his fucked up scars*

Speedy: Hey how'd you get those
Ollie: Uh I don't want to talk about getting stabbed n shit
Speedy: WELL FUK U THEN

Don't forget

Mom: You left me standing at dinner, why did you even come back from the dead.

Like seriously be happy you get to see your son once a week when he's been dead 5 years don't berate him for being fucked up in the head. Maybe try getting him to seek counseling once.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
S1 has the Thea drug side plot line right?

I believe so. Season 1 Thea was a party girl who slurred her words, then Season 2 Thea ran that club, Season 3 Thea was a ninja assassin in training, Season 4 Thea was a sidekick/political consultant. Season 5 Thea is... Oliver's interim Chief of Staff? She's done a lot for being 22.

Tommy as Prometheus would be the amazing thing that could never happen. Fucking Chicago Med.

It's crazy that I'm excited for more Arrow and we don't even have Dolph yet!

It can still be him. Have the reveal one or two episodes before the finale.

He doesn't need to do a lot of episodes.

ZeroX03

Banned
#5.05 "Human Target" Synopsis
DC COMICS’ CHRISTOPHER CHANCE AKA HUMAN TARGET TEAMS UP WITH OLIVER — When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) captures and tortures one of Oliver’s new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend, Christopher Chance (guest star Wil Traval) AKA the Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) worlds collide when Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) joins the ACU. Laura Belsey directed the episode, written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff.

The drama begins...

Joni

omg

yo how did nobody figure out Ollie was the Arrow quicker, his first night he karate chops his mom after sleeping in the rain like a peasant

And Pilot Sara Lance must be pretty pissed considering how that role grew over the years
Pilot Sara Lance is just a soap actress. Not even a good one which is painfully clear when she shares a screen with Ridge or Brooke or any other big name on the bold. She wouldn't be able to do what Caity can. She is also still busy on that show.

ZeroX03

Banned
Mark Valley is solid, always has that strong all American man feel to him.

Doesn't seem like they're interested in casting people as the same roles they played in other shows though, except for The Flash 1990 (and Constantine is retroactively canon now lol). I suspect that's because Kreisberg is very nostalgic for it over the 2000s stuff due to his age. And it's a rather old cult show that they still have the rights to.

Joni

I think it must have been the first time ever that The CW decided to erase a younger character to pair up a character with someone that is a lot older.

ZeroX03

Banned
Upgrade should be...up for debate

Clearly Carly is Prometheus

Yeah but Lyla is Harbinger

nyONY0A.jpg

WedgeX

Banned
What if Wintergreen didn't die on the island, courtesy of Barry's timeline fuckery.

That would make my day if he were Prometheus.

Joni

What if Wintergreen didn't die on the island, courtesy of Barry's timeline fuckery.

That would make my day if he were Prometheus.

It wouldn't make much sense for the unmasking, we haven't seen him unmasked. It must be someone that we could recognize I assume.

ZeroX03

Banned
It'll be interesting to see if Prometheus is an old character or not. We know he's a result of Oliver's actions, but they haven't really been playing it up as a mystery like Zoom or Sara's killer. Early days I suppose.

I'm not even sure if it was that necessary to introduce him so soon, Chad Coleman's character would have been fine for the first nine but we'll see.

Joni

We might need some sort of confrontation between Oliver and Prometheus first. We now only know that he is out there. He needs to tease Oliver that they know each other.

WedgeX

Banned
It wouldn't make much sense for the unmasking, we haven't seen him unmasked. It must be someone that we could recognize I assume.

Mostly I wanted more Wintergreen & Slade scenes. Alas.

Dark horse for Prometheus,

Revenge for Shado and her inexplicable twin sister never mentioned that is or isn't alive ???

Watch it be like a Murder On The Orient Express thing and ALL OF THEM ARE PROMETHEUS

Both of these would be great.

The comic Prometheus is the son of two criminals who were killed in a shootout with police, thus causing him to declare war on all cops and superheroes.

My guess is that Arrow ' s Prometheus is related to someone Ollie killed in season 1, thus making the price of killing a theme of this season.

Chase17

It'll be interesting to see if Prometheus is an old character or not. We know he's a result of Oliver's actions, but they haven't really been playing it up as a mystery like Zoom or Sara's killer. Early days I suppose.

I'm not even sure if it was that necessary to introduce him so soon, Chad Coleman's character would have been fine for the first nine but we'll see.
Yeah, I think Church has been great so far.

You know who may be upset by Ollie's actions. Captain Boomerang.

DieH@rd

Banned
S5 has started well.

But again, it is a shame that flashbacks are again very minimal. In first 2 seasons they had much larger airtime and now they are just 2 min snippets from time to time.

Top Bottom