• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This is probably the worst photo of her:

14333739_1152434818182153_8561712894944158587_n.jpg

Still better than probably 99 percent of my best photos.

Joni

It is annoying that she looks straight ahead and Flash looks left when they are ordered like that. It should go Arrow - Supergirl - Flash.

Dysun

This arroverse season

Arrow > LoT > Supergirl > Flash

I found myself wanting to pause watching Flash and do other things few times this season. The other three are all engaging and interesting. Big thumbs up to Arrow team, they made the show much more watchable this season.
I don't watch Supergirl, but I agree otherwise. Shocking turn of events, but this years Arrow is off to a surprising start

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just watched the most recent episode of Arrow and the opening introductory minutes of the Justice Society of America

CW DC is in god damn fine form this season

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
"Don't worry I don't hold grudges."

I'm calling it now, the new district attorney is evil/possibly Prometheus.

Gig

Or he just dies like every da in this show.

When I heard him say that an alarm bell went off in my head, but yeah he's going to die.

How does the local government of Star City even function? I can't even count the number of district attorneys, mayors, and city council members that have been killed.

Joni

When I heard him say that an alarm bell went off in my head, but yeah he's going to die.

How does the local government of Star City even function? I can't even count the number of district attorneys, mayors, and city council members that have been killed.
Well, they just take random rich people now.

Ragman just seems half baked to me. Like ok, you were some psycho murderer but then Ollie was like "hey chill" and now he's just a dude with some cool powers.

Gig

I just finished watching the first two seasons of Arrow. Zero was right, S1 is underrated S2 is overrated.

Also, RIP Tommy.

I'm late to watching last week's episode, but some thoughts. I'm liking Ollie's new costume, even if it's just a sleeved version of the S4 suit. Ollie tells Ragman not to murder goons, yet Wild Dog runs into a room blasting them with dual pistols; thought they're Diggle's dart guns, but there's blood spatter with every shot. Mister Terrific's suit should add in the white, do something about the eyes (maybe goggles), and bring back the t-spheres.

Prometheus has been referenced time and time again as being a villain they could only do as a retrospective to S1. Also the whole "new friend is actually evil" has got to be the most played out shit in the Arrowverse, hell I'm still upset about Zoom.
Well, Adrian does have that random throwaway conversation where he tells Oliver they've met before. They can just edit some random crowd shot from S1 and retroactively put him in there.

Magwik

Banned
Well, Adrian does have that random throwaway conversation where he tells Oliver they've met before. They can just edit some random crowd shot from S1 and retroactively put him in there.
That does nothing for us as the viewer though. It would just be some ham fisted bullshit like Zoom. Slade was such a good villain because we had over an entire season with him.

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode tonight...

#5.04 "Penance Stare"
OLIVER STEPS IN FOR DIGGLE — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) team up on a secret mission for Diggle (David Ramsey). Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) finds out and disapproves of the plan and opts to stay behind. When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) launches a deadly assault against the city, Felicity must decide if she wants to send the recruits out sans the Green Arrow. Dermott Downs directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama.
ar504a_0042b.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought the new D.A. was going to be a love interest for Thea, but then she just blew past him.

A college dropout mayor, a highschool drop out assistant, a disgraced alcoholic deputy mayor. Mayor handsome's regime needs to GO. #impeachmayorhandsome

KonradLaw

A college dropout mayor, a highschool drop out assistant, a disgraced alcoholic deputy mayor. Mayor handsome's regime needs to GO. #impeachmayorhandsome

Major handsome has achieved what his precedessors failed at - survived 6 months in the office. Same with his staff.
Clearly a tremendous, tremendous leader.
#PresidentHandsome2020

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mayor Handsome's mother was also a known terrorist. Star City is a very forgiving place. Coming off the back of having a super villain as Mayor. Place is worse than Gotham.

jdstorm

Banned
I just finished watching the first two seasons of Arrow. Zero was right, S1 is underrated S2 is overrated.

Also, RIP Tommy.

Pretty much. S1 is really good especially the back half. S2 is good for the first half but screws the landing.
S3 is Chuck S3 without the course correction
S4 starts strong, quickly falls into a mess and never recovers.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Pretty much. S1 is really good especially the back half. S2 is good for the first half but screws the landing.

which is why it's so astonishing that S5 is pure gold so far

jdstorm

Banned
which is why it's so astonishing that S5 is pure gold so far

Bertaneli is clearly the person responsible for all the good writing.
Starts Arrow. Is mostly good with a few growing pains. Starts working on the Flash halfway through Arrow S2. Quality Dips. (FLASH S1 is Awesome) Then he moves on to Supergirl (and Legends) Arrow stays bad, Flash falls off a cliff. Supergirl is good but hits some serious growing pains while pushing too hard to hit every superman story possible.

If Bertaneli is now focusing more on Arrow.that would explain its rise in quality

MartyStu

I would say that Season 4 does manage to recover mostly before the really stupid end.

Grizzlyjin

Can they do four for four? Judging by the preview, I'd say yes.

Any bets on when the first flop is gonna drop?

Whatever episode is closest to the crossover but has no connection or lead up to it. I feel like that would be the one to get phoned in.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Starts Arrow. Is mostly good with a few growing pains. Starts working on the Flash halfway through Arrow S2. Quality Dips. (FLASH S1 is Awesome) Then he moves on to Supergirl (and Legends) Arrow stays bad, Flash falls off a cliff. Supergirl is good but hits some serious growing pains while pushing too hard to hit every superman story possible.

If Bertaneli is now focusing more on Arrow.that would explain its rise in quality

I remember when this was being said about Kreisberg.

Anyway, go ahead and check out Berlanti's IMDB and see how this theory falls apart. The guy has a ton of projects.

KonradLaw

You all know that DC America needs a change. I mean..that damn Obama dismantled Suicide Squad!!! That man clearly can't be trusted with matters of national security!
President Queen on the other hand, that man not only supported Suicide Squad. You could say he was the lead scout for it's recruits! ;)

Joni

Berlanti is certainly not focusing on Arrow right now. If anything he is spending most of the time on Riverdale.

ZeroX03

Banned

Berlanti does overall plotting for all the shows. There's no moving on.

Top Bottom