• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Just caught up with the episode and I laughed and cheered at the same time with the slow-mo walk away from the explosion. This season is so much better than last season.

Feels really weird to actually enjoy this show again. Like even the flashbacks wtf

- Hardass Green Arrow is back*
- Action scenes feel renewed and more unique*
- No boring relationship drama*
- New team has a good energy to it and the quasi-reboot back to training noobs and small street level crime is refreshing*
- Felicity and Ollie small talk is improved 100 fold*
- Dig and Thea actually have things to do*
- Casey Jones reference made me laugh
- Cody Rhodes chewing scenery and fighting Amell again

For now

Joni

Sölf;220981813 said:
What has happened that Arrow is currently the best Arrowverse show? Bizarro World.

It reclaimed its title. It was already the best Arrowverse show during seasons 1 and 2.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fuck. Mister Terrific looked ridiculous.

They've said that their costumes are still early versions and that they'll get there over time.

Having said that, though I've wanted Mr. Terrific in live action for some time now, I also think his costume is pretty hard to translate. Try to find a good Mr. Terrific cosplay.

I'll save you some time: it's very, very hard.

CryptiK

Hey look Felicity is no longer the main character and the show goes back to being decent. I really hope they never reconcile. So the show can keep being great. But you know, they have plenty of time to shit the bed.

Three good episodes in a row! Still feels too soon to claim that Arrow is back, but damn, I really missed this energy and this kind of season. The show feels fresh again, all side characters have their own motivations, the new team is surprisingly interesting (Wild Dog and Ragman add some interesting dynamics to the whole thing), the villains are interesting, Felicity isn't annoying me, the flashbacks are great... what took them so long to become like this again?

Hey look Felicity is no longer the main character and the show goes back to being decent. I really hope they never reconcile. So the show can keep being great. But you know, they have plenty of time to shit the bed.

Right now, Curtis is pre-Olicity Felicity, and Felicity is Diggle.

wamberz1

I really like the dynamic ragman brings to the group as the only one with powers, but I kind of hope they give him some more character traits. Like, aside from his origin story we know nothing about his interests, hobbies, dislikes or ideals. (his interactions with Curtis this episode were pretty good though).
Same goes for the girl of the team (can't even remember her name). Both of them are in need of some characterization STAT.

Joni

I really like the dynamic ragman brings to the group as the only one with powers, but I kind of hope they give him some more character traits. Like, aside from his origin story we know nothing about his interests, hobbies, dislikes or ideals. (his interactions with Curtis this episode were pretty good though).
Same goes for the girl of the team (can't even remember her name). Both of them are in need of some characterization STAT.

One character at a time. They don't need to go crazy by giving everyone something in every episode.

jrush64

Banned
Ok that was another great episode. I loved that Felicity told Rory about what happened straight up and that it wasn't dragged out.

Corpekata

Banned
Only thing I'm not sold on is Ragman being so normal after all.

Like we have a lot of normalish quippy characters, we didn't need another one. I'd have rather he be the weirdo they tolerate because he's really useful.

I don't really get the praise. I still think this is the worst show, maybe tied with Legends.

So disappointing considering I absolutely LOVED season 1 and 2.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't really get the praise. I still think this is the worst show, maybe tied with Legends.

So disappointing considering I absolutely LOVED season 1 and 2.

What aren't you liking? Seems like it's back to the Season 1 formula from where I stand.

choco-fish

What aren't you liking? Seems like it's back to the Season 1 formula from where I stand.

It's still a very long way from the feel of Season one in terms of both quality and formula. Far better than season 4 so far but that's not really saying much. I don't think this show will ever hit the highs of Season 2 again.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's still a very long way from the feel of Season one in terms of both quality and formula. Far better than season 4 so far but that's not really saying much. I don't think this show will ever hit the highs of Season 2 again.

Ah, I gotcha. I was just curious. Always interesting to see what different people like or don't like about the show.

They could drop Diggle. His plot has no relevance, and it brings crappy actress Lyla as baggage.

Lyla is bae. I think Diggle is about to come into play too. I dont really mind them having their own adventures momentarily

ZeroX03

Banned
#5.06 "So It Begins" Synopsis
SINS OF THE FATHER — When Prometheus ups his killing spree, Oliver (Stephen Amell) searches for connections between the victims. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Curtis (Echo Kellum) discover the victims have a mysterious link to Oliver’s past and this new secret could upend his new team. Meanwhile, Thea (Willa Holland) has a heart-to-heart with Lance (Paul Blackthorne), and Felicity considers telling Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) the truth about her work.

DieH@rd

Banned
This arroverse season

Arrow > LoT > Supergirl > Flash

I found myself wanting to pause watching Flash and do other things few times this season. The other three are all engaging and interesting. Big thumbs up to Arrow team, they made the show much more watchable this season.

This arroverse season

Arrow > LoT > Supergirl > Flash

I found myself wanting to pause watching Flash and do other things few times this season. The other three are all engaging and interesting. Big thumbs up to Arrow team, they made the show much more watchable this season.

Im almost at the breaking point on Flash with Barry.
as bad as Arrow was even to dropping it last season once Super Hypocritical Oliver from S1 calmed down at least he was always likable/enjoyable.
Barry worked because they added fun elements of Wally in and it really doesn't show anymore.
Supporting cast is literally the only thing keeping Flash going at this point.

why do I feel like they're going to do a Thea/Chesthair love storyline?
Hmm,
kind of a reverse
Timm%20the%20Gargoyle.png

Top Bottom