• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy shit Ragman really is the audience surrogate. I immediately thought of Oliver making an entrance line.

Wild Dog and Church stinger is fantastic. Both of them fierce.

ZeroX03

Banned
#5.05 Human Target Promo
When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) captures and tortures one of Oliver’s new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend, Christopher Chance (guest star Wil Traval) AKA the Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) worlds collide when Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) joins the ACU. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff (#505). Original airdate 11/2/2016.

Hope so. Feels like that's exactly what it should be, but their scenes feel like it's trying to portray something differently entirely at times.

They're trying to be subtle with the dynamic, but when The CW tries platonic it has a way of just seeming sexual anyway. See: Oliver and Thea. Malcolm and Thea. Oliver and Moira. Oliver and Tommy.

Luigi87

Oh yeah that one wasn't helped by Nyssa being a lesbian either, and Katie Cassidy having more chemistry with Katrina Law than anybody else.

Possibly. I hope it's not actually the one we know, or a coincidence.

Yeah I'd be rather annoyed at this point if it's the one we know.

I kinda miss Malcolm swagging in and going "I'M RA'S AL GHUL!!!!"

then I realize the series atm is better off focusing on Star City and Oliver's Boys and Girls club and regret those thoughts.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
There's been way more of Church than I had expected and it's really great.

Compare this to Brick and it's night and day.

ZeroX03

Banned
I mean, out of all these DCCW shows, I think the only two characters to ever operate under a public identity were Green Arrow and Wally west.

I don't see Supergirl going public for many seasons.

Wally as a public super hero was written for laughs mostly. Stuff like the city worrying about insurance for his shenanigans. I'm not sure how much it would change The Flash as the show largely doesn't interact with the public or have the city as a character like Arrow. It's not like Barry hides his identity that well.

Arrow probably has the most to gain from the move. Lots of new stories from that, it'll be an end of season event to shake things up.

Top Bottom