• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Speaking of chemistry, am I crazy or has there been some sizzle between Lance and Thea? I know they're playing it as a Father/Daughter type thing but sometimes I'm wondering. Maybe cause platonic relationships are an endangered species on The CW lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
Speaking of chemistry, am I crazy or has there been some sizzle between Lance and Thea? I know they're playing it as a Father/Daughter type thing but sometimes I'm wondering. Maybe cause platonic relationships are an endangered species on The CW lol.

They're trying to be subtle with the surrogate family arc, but The CW trying to be subtle just appears as sexual tension by default.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They're trying to be subtle with the surrogate family arc, but The CW trying to be subtle just appears as sexual tension by default.

That's what I was hoping. Her ignoring sexy D.A. dude which historically would have been an instant pairing for her and then so many scenes with Lance...had me going Hmmmmm.

Oliver catching Chesthair & Thea in bed together is soapy enough to resurrect "Radioactive."

LotusHD

Banned
No, there is simply no potential between them. They didn't feel natural together in any romantic scene. He literally has more chemistry with every other female on the show. Shado, McKenna, Sara, Huntress, Felicity, Nyssa, Thea, Moira, ... They looked a lot more comfortable together once the show stopped pretending there would ever be any romantic potential between them. It doesn't help that for three seasons we hardly saw them hang out together in social settings outside of the show, while Stephen always looks chummy with the others when hanging out for cons.

tumblr_inline_mx8xrbYs8C1qigvht.gif

Completely agree.

Parch

This season has been pretty good, but I still can't watch an episode and not notice how bad the fight scenes are. So awkward and forced. Arrow has the worst action fighting of all the superhero shows.

Da-Kid

They picked a terrible actor to play Mr. Terrific. He just doesn't look the part, sound the part or nothing. Please cut this fools hair too, it just looks so awkward seeing him with 10 minute braids.

Grizzlyjin

This season has been pretty good, but I still can't watch an episode and not notice how bad the fight scenes are. So awkward and forced. Arrow has the worst action fighting of all the superhero shows.

I literally couldn't disagree more. I think Arrow has the best fight choreography in the game right now. Who does it better? Definitely not any of the other CW shows, Flash especially has laughably bad fight scenes. They're doing miracles with their effects on a tight budget and schedule but the actual fights are plain bad.

Supergirl had terrible fights for almost all of its first season. They've gotten better now but it's still pretty lacking most of the time.

Daredevil or Luke Cage has had better fight scenes, but they're 13 episode shows and their fights aren't as consistent over the entire run. Usually there is one really really good fight scene per season and then middling ones sprinkled around. But for consistency, I'd give it to Arrow without question.

Agents of SHIELD might have good stuff I don't know about, I can't stand that show. There were some good fights in the episode or two I watched last season, so maybe I'm missing that.

DieH@rd

Banned

Yes, fighting choreography is really bad.

They need to hire Agents of Shield stunt crew. Daisy vs prisoners fight in the last episode was really great and miles about everything Arrow has done in a long time.

LotusHD

Banned
I literally couldn't disagree more. I think Arrow has the best fight choreography in the game right now. Who does it better? Definitely not any of the other CW shows, Flash especially has laughably bad fight scenes. They're doing miracles with their effects on a tight budget and schedule but the actual fights are plain bad.

Supergirl had terrible fights for almost all of its first season. They've gotten better now but it's still pretty lacking most of the time.

Daredevil or Luke Cage has had better fight scenes, but they're 13 episode shows and their fights aren't as consistent over the entire run. Usually there is one really really good fight scene per season and then middling ones sprinkled around. But for consistency, I'd give it to Arrow without question.

Agents of SHIELD might have good stuff I don't know about, I can't stand that show. There were some good fights in the episode or two I watched last season, so maybe I'm missing that.

AoS has been the best imo aside from Daredevil. Supergirl apparently has gottten really good since its transition to CW, to the point where I might actually say it's getting comparable to Arrow. (Not that the bar is very high for that though.) Honestly, Arrow's fight scenes were more or less ruined for me after I saw Daredevil. Occasionally they do something decent, but the majority of the time it just looks like really fancy dancing.

strafer

No TV show has done fight scenes well, it's just something we have to deal with.

As much as I would love it we will never get Zack Snyder fighting on television.

jm89

This new arrow team is an such a clown show, oliver is fine on his own or maybe with one sidekick. And not diggle please don't need every action oliver does to be constantly judged.

Joni

This new arrow team is an such a clown show, oliver is fine on his own or maybe with one sidekick. And not diggle please don't need every action oliver does to be constantly judged.

Them realizing Oliver schooling them in training was taking it easy makes it worth it.

Grizzlyjin

AoS has been the best imo aside from Daredevil. Supergirl apparently has gottten really good since its transition to CW, to the point where I might actually say it's getting comparable to Arrow. (Not that the bar is very high for that though.) Honestly, Arrow's fight scenes were more or less ruined for me after I saw Daredevil. Occasionally they do something decent, but the majority of the time it just looks like really fancy dancing.

Daredevil is pretty badass. Well most of the time. That show limps its way through finales. Well, every show had a pretty lackluster season finale last year. I hope that's something that changes. I want a strong finish!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
fuckk that episode was great

Arrow is on fire this episode

i wonder if Wild Dog is Arrow's Jason Todd...

No TV show has done fight scenes well, it's just something we have to deal with.

As much as I would love it we will never get Zack Snyder fighting on television.

he deserves to be making TV shows

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode of the Ragman & Friends show tonight!

#5.05 "Human Target"
Episode Promo
DC COMICS' CHRISTOPHER CHANCE AKA HUMAN TARGET TEAMS UP WITH OLIVER - When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) captures and tortures one of Oliver's new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend from the island, Christopher Chance (guest star Wil Traval) AKA the Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity's (Emily Bett Rickards) worlds collide when Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) joins the ACU. Laura Belsey directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff (#505).
ar505b_0085r.jpg

This is crazy talk .
Other than DD and AOS the other superhero TV shows action no where close.

Joni

I'm thinking no villain from the Nolan movies is coming back outside of the Joker for this set of movies. Him only because you can't do batman without him.

DedValve

Banned
Damn I totally forgot about Vertigo. What happened to it?

And I forgot what this new "ziggy" drug does. Metahumanizes you or makes you undead?

Just finished Arrow S4. I don't really care about spoilers for this show, so seeing something about about even more flashbacks in S5...I can't help but shake my head.

There is still more shit on the island?

WedgeX

Banned
Just finished Arrow S4. I don't really care about spoilers for this show, so seeing something about about even more flashbacks in S5...I can't help but shake my head.

There is still more shit on the island?

The flashbacks have been based in Russia and have been pretty good.

Although Ollie's got to go back to the island at some point.

I won't be watching tonight...but I'll be making up for it by watching B:TAS instead.

Top Bottom