• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

What's the entire appeal of the Felicity and Oliver pairing that gets folks so worked up? They're not a gay couple, so it isn't like
Danvers
on Supergirl or
Lexa
on The 100 where it's a fanbase wanting representation. It's the typical hot guy and geek girl. Actually it's not even that because usually the geek dresses dumpy. Felicity has been wearing nice 'fits since forever. She always looked good. So it's really just a hot guy and a really smart hot girl.

Thea and Wild Dog is the new sexual tension in the building.

Wish fulfillment by living vicariously through a character. From my unfortunate interactions with them many were previously Twilight fans which explains a lot.

KonradLaw

MNpGOg2.gif

I can't believe how excited I am for Arrow's return. Fricking Arrow!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You know shit is fucked up when Wildoge becomes the prudent one.

It *is* a great trailer, though. I think Arrow could benefit greatly from some of that The 100-like darkness.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I forgot the 90210 and Melrose Place revivals even happened. That was before I watched nearly every show on The CW. 🙈

They make a bunch of terrible points, and Arrow is basically a lock to go on past season six so it's moot anyway.

Frankly, we need to get far enough along so we can see Oliver having a five-year-old flashback of a five-year-old flashback. That's the shark jumping moment I've been waiting for! ;)

Edit: They're off the mark with respect to villains in the article. Ra's was poorly handled, but I found Darhk to be more multifaced and, frankly, entertaining as a character with a bit of a lighter tone much of the time. Tobias Church would have been terrible as a villain, as he's a retread. They already played the "gang boss from out of town is really strong and bludgeons other gang bosses and that makes him the top gang boss" card in this series. The actor had charisma, but it was a nice surprise when the dynamic shifted.

This season is better than the last one, which is better than the one before. It still has some problems, and the article has some points with respect to the supporting cast being weak in some ways, but the show
in season 1 and 3 onward
was never a model of storytelling perfection.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's hard for me to buy the weak supporting cast argument when I like practically everyone.

Mandatory Oliver flashbacks ending after this season is a great thing, I haven't counted how much time is dedicated to them but that's time they'll be able to use elsewhere next season and to the benefit other characters.

I'm going to make a call on this one:

The key to Black Siren's redemption arc is going to be Quentin's alcoholism. Maybe Earth-2 Lance drank himself to death following the sinking of the Queen's Gambit.

Also, I really want to see Siren guest star on Legends. Especially if they go up against Malcolm and Dahrk

SIREN: Is that the one who killed you?

SARA: Yup. And that's the one who killed you.

Joni

I'm going to make a call on this one:

The key to Black Siren's redemption arc is going to be Quentin's alcoholism. Maybe Earth-2 Lance drank himself to death following the sinking of the Queen's Gambit.

Also, I really want to see Siren guest star on Legends. Especially if they go up against Malcolm and Dahrk

SIREN: Is that the one who killed you?

SARA: Yup. And that's the one who killed you.

I think she might. She is also contracted for all shows, so they can use her where they want. Sara + Black Siren seems like a good way for story.

ZeroX03

Banned
Feeling like a canary in a coal mine for an all new Arrow tonight? Can the hot streak continue into the new year?

#5.10 "Who Are You?"
Episode Promo
OLIVER WANTS JUSTICE; FELICITY WANTS REVENGE — Worried that Prometheus is right and he is truly a killer at heart, Oliver (Stephen Amell) looks for any ray of hope and finds it in what seems to be the miraculous return of Laurel Lance (guest star Katie Cassidy). However, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), still reeling from Detective Malone's murder, is bent on revenge – she wants to stop Prometheus at any cost. While in prison, Diggle (David Ramsey) fights for his life. Wild Dog (guest star Rick Gonzalez) takes Thea (Willa Holland) on a date to an Imagine Dragons concert. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan.
arrow-season-5-photos-7.jpg

Feeling like a canary in a coal mine for an all new Arrow tonight? Can the hot streak continue into the new year?

#5.10 "Who Are You?"
Episode Promo

arrow-season-5-photos-7.jpg

Waaaait
Wild Dog (guest star Rick Gonzalez) takes Thea (Willa Holland) on a date to an Imagine Dragons concert.

Imagine if we get Radioactive part 2 with
Roy returning
That would make my life complete.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'd like to suggest that when Zero inserts a fake plot element into an episode synopisis we call it a Zero-sum gain.

Top Bottom