• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Nu52 thing.

She gave a bunch of kids DS's filled with firmware the caused them to explode when it updated.

She killed like hundreds of kids for funzies.

Oh, FFS. Was it too much to keep light-hearted psycho killer Harley as she was? What the hell is up with DC and all this Nu52 angst?

Well, the actress is half-British. We already know this show won't win any Golden Globes, no need to throw awful fake accents into the mix. Edit: Turns out her father is American and raised her in New Jersey. I expect some minor lulz, although her part in Spartacus wasn't half bad.

Edit: HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK

Birds of Prey arc will "get there": The 17th episode, airing March 26, won't be a direct adaptation of the Birds of Prey comics; instead, it'll have an Arrow spin. "We gave ourselves room to grow and evolve," Guggenheim said. "Birds of Prey is very much the same thing. You're not going to end up with the Holy Trinity of Oracle, Black Canary and Huntress right out of the gate. We'll get there." When the Huntress (Jessica De Gouw) returns, "Helena is gone, all that's left is the Huntress," Kreisberg teased. "She's become consumed by this vengeance for her father and when we see her she's in a very haggard and worn-out state. It's the big final confrontation between she and her father, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) gets in the crossfire, and the Canary has to go into the rescue."

Clevinger

Well, the actress is half-British. We already know this show won't win any Golden Globes, no need to throw awful fake accents into the mix. Edit: Turns out her father is American and raised her in New Jersey. I expect some minor lulz, although her part in Spartacus wasn't half bad.

Yeah, she didn't do a bad job with it in Spartacus now that I think about it.

DieH@rd

Banned

34hdzs45pr5i.gif

Anyone get the feeling that the plot moves a little too fast sometimes?

The whole "oh here's a second earthquake machine just sitting in Malcolm's house that the authorities forgot to repossess" came out of nowhere, it seemed like it was just made up so the stakes would be high enough for Arrow to reveal his secret identity. It didn't have the same "oh shit this is a gamechanger" weight as Oliver's reveal to Tommy, or even his reveal to Diggle.

Here's a good list of qualms from http://weminoredinfilm.com/2014/01/30/tv-review-arrow-tremors-s2ep12-a-shaky-table-setting-episode/

• Malcolm Merlyn just happens to have a prototype of the earthquake machine stored in the basement of his mansion that criminals know about, but every law agency which has surely gone over every details of Merlyn’s life and possessions after last season had no idea?

• The bad guy paying Bronze Tiger just panics and turns on the earthquake machine?

• Oliver can’t open the shipyard containers on his own?

• All they had to do to stop the machine was blow it up? Really? I know it’s a prototype, but don’t we remember how much trouble Detective Lance had shutting down a full version of the machine last season?

• Felicity and Diggle are all “Can we really trust Roy?” one minute but all smiles and “Welcome to the team!” the next?

It seemed bizarre that for both Slade and Roy’s storyline they would roll out last season’s two big doomsday devices, the rocket launcher on the island and a lesser version of the earthquake machine. Those were both such big deals last season tying into season-long story arcs. However, now here they were in a normal episode with no build-up. For Roy’s story, the device doesn’t really matter. They simply tried to create a situation where Roy had to be the hero when Oliver couldn’t and save Thea without reverting to a more standard Thea as damsel in distress scenario. That makes the earthquake machine an obvious solution, but whenever you do a callback like this to your big bad device from a year ago you are playing with fire because it introduces questions you usually don’t answer.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

The whole "oh here's a second earthquake machine just sitting in Malcolm's house that the authorities forgot to repossess" came out of nowhere, it seemed like it was just made up so the stakes would be high enough for Arrow to reveal his secret identity. It didn't have the same "oh shit this is a gamechanger" weight as Oliver's reveal to Tommy, or even his reveal to Diggle.

Oh absolutely. Moira has suffered from the pacing. Her trial could've lasted the entire season, but it started and ended within one episode. And now she's running for mayor. Wat.

To the writers credit, they seem to be aware how bizarre it is but they need her to do something in the back-half of the season.

Mario007

Oh absolutely. Moira has suffered from the pacing. Her trial could've lasted the entire season, but it started and ended within one episode. And now she's running for mayor. Wat.

To the writers credit, they seem to be aware how bizarre it is but they need her to do something in the back-half of the season.
I think the running for mayor plot is there for Thea to learn about Malcolm being her dad.

The whole "oh here's a second earthquake machine just sitting in Malcolm's house that the authorities forgot to repossess" came out of nowhere, it seemed like it was just made up so the stakes would be highhigh enough for Arrow to reveal his secret identity. It didn't have the same "oh shit this is a gamechanger" weight as Oliver's reveal to Tommy, or even his reveal to Diggle.

Here's a good list of qualms from http://weminoredinfilm.com/2014/01/30/tv-review-arrow-tremors-s2ep12-a-shaky-table-setting-episode/
Hahaha...

Yet there's hardly any of this to reflect on Season 1's plot holes like how Ollie can break solid block of wood. Stabs himself through his chest above his heart to (supposedly) kill Malcolm & is able to make it downtown to the glades to try to save his best friend and Laurel yet any normal human would be gushing blood like crazy BUT manages to lift a huge solid debri??? And perfectly shoots every tennis ball so precisely that even an Expert Archer cannot achieve? The guy is beyond a normal human or a Batman. I really do believe he has a similar version of Mirikuru because there's a lot the writers have left opened to speculate on.

Well it gets her involved in the main Sebastian Blood plot line again, which has become a lot harder to do because of the expanding cast this season.

I just wish the show wasn't afraid to put characters on the backburner, or even release them from the show if they weren't required. Obviously contracts and TV production make this hard to do, but it's clear that this season is about Roy, Sarah and Blood far more than it is about Diggle or Moira.

Hahaha...

Yet there's hardly any of this to reflect on Season 1's plot holes like how Ollie can break solid block of wood. Stabs himself through his chest above his heart to (supposedly) kill Malcolm & is able to make it downtown to the glades to try to save his best friend and Laurel yet any normal human would be gushing blood like crazy BUT manages to lift a huge solid debri??? And perfectly shoots every tennis ball so precisely that even an Expert Archer cannot achieve? The guy is beyond a normal human or a Batman. I really do believe he has a similar version of Mirikuru because there's a lot the writers have left opened to speculate on.

I don't mind those because it's part of the universe of the show, one that has been established over the course of the first season, and the fact that the show is based off a comic book allows for unrealistic displays of heroics. That is all thoroughly established and it's no big deal for Ollie to shoot a rocket-propelled grenade in mid flight.

Likewise, the earthquake machine from season 1 is a ridiculous concept, but gradually building it up let viewers become accustomed to the idea that it exists as a part of the show's universe. We also had the idea that these devices were extremely expensive, hard to obtain, difficult to operate, and that this threat would only be seen once. To suddenly say there's another one just sitting in Malcom's house without any prior foreshadowing is a stretch too far and devalues the integrity of the plot.

I don't mind if they explain it after the fact as long as they explain it. Like with Sarah becoming a part of the flashbacks. The initial reveal that Sarah survived the shipwreck and became a badass ninja assassin was batshit insane, but now she's become a part of Oliver's past, it's starting to make sense how she could end up being trained by the League of Shadows.

Letting the plot move too fast gives us less time for explanation, less time for things to sink in and become accepted.

Jonogunn

Be careful when complaining about the fast pacing. These complaints may gain traction and the CW might take these complaints too seriously and slow the show down too much!

At least this show isn't like Smallville where outside of a few key episodes every season the rest was pretty much filler.

Candice Patton Is Iris West In The Flash!

EXCLUSIVE: Candice Patton (The Game) has been cast opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/candice-patton-flash-pilot-cw/

That is one fine looking lady, I am okay with this. The only "loss" is we probably won't have ginger Wally if he ever comes about, no biggie.

Tabby

At least this show isn't like Smallville where outside of a few key episodes every season the rest was pretty much filler.

That is one fine looking lady, I am okay with this. The only "loss" is we probably won't have ginger Wally if he ever comes about, no biggie.
Wally doesn't have to be blood related, maybe he's adopted.

In more positive criticism, I really like how the factions of the Arrowverse are developing. We haven't seen their home base or leaders but you can feel their influence creeping in, most notably with the League of Shadows, and the Suicide Squad looks to be in its embryonic stages.

And wow, Candice Patton is hawwwttt

I have high hopes for the Suicide Squad. I want the Dirty Dozen with asshole supervillains forced to be the good guys. I hope it's a multi-episode arc.

Also, Central City is getting stacked with hot people.

An interesting piece of news courtesy of this week's Ask Ausiello.

Question: I’m hankering for some scoop about Arrow‘s Oliver and Felicity. Got any interesting news? —KE
Ausiello: Felicity will be forced to make a tough decision in this Wednesday’s episode — and it has the potential to damage her relationship with Ollie. Also, fans of Ms. Smoak take note: Something for which you’ve been clamoring is about to happen (hint: *a****o**.)

My guess is "backstory." for this one.

Jagxyz

edit: Vibe as well? Why is DC trying to push this shitty character down our throats these days

24o24024024902-.jpg

I don't get how Vibe is going to work here, only reason he was added to the JLA was because he could potentially take down Flash... but he's not a villain.

Once Bronze Tiger officially joins the squad, if they don't rip his shirt off I'll refuse to believe this is a CW show anymore.

Michael Jai White has the body of a god.

tumblr_m4rdlvZjx61r207kmo1_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m4rdlvZjx61r207kmo2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_m4rdlvZjx61r207kmo6_r2_250.gif

Michael Jai White or nothing.
O_O

The fact that he's been on Arrow twice, and hasn't been shirtless either time is a crime of unforeseen proportions.

C'mon CW, what are you doing?!?!
Once Bronze Tiger officially joins the squad, if they don't rip his shirt off I'll refuse to believe this is a CW show anymore.

Michael Jai White has the body of a god.

A friend of mine is a friend of his, I'll see if I can get him to pass on the message.

Although I'm still waiting to hear back on Black Dynamite 2 &/or s2,

A friend of mine is a friend of his, I'll see if I can get him to pass on the message.

Although I'm still waiting to hear back on Black Dynamite 2 &/or s2,
Heh, what's that conversation gonna be like? XD

"So, random people on this gaming message board would like you to take off your shirt. Please understand."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom