• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynar

People complaining that the show needs to slow down should go away. That's constantly how these shows get ruined as writers just keep doing filler after filler. One of the best things about Arrow is the pacing. I hope they can keep it up, it's very refreshing and I look forward to each week.

People complaining that the show needs to slow down should go away. That's constantly how these shows get ruined as writers just keep doing filler after filler. One of the best things about Arrow is the pacing. I hope they can keep it up, it's very refreshing and I look forward to each week.
Who says it needs to slow down?

BAN THEM.

Once Bronze Tiger officially joins the squad, if they don't rip his shirt off I'll refuse to believe this is a CW show anymore.

Michael Jai White has the body of a god.

Bronze Tiger and Diggle to be shirtless in a scene together. Women (and many men) everywhere collectively faint from the gun show.

Then later Bronze Tiger and Ollie have an ab showdown.

They said they have a five year plan & they currently have almost unrestricted access to comic book lore. I say Full Steam ahead, and no looking back (except to connect past storylines to current ones of course).

Heh, what's that conversation gonna be like? XD

"So, random people on this gaming message board would like you to take off your shirt. Please understand."

Probably ask when the shirtless showdown on the salmon ladder takes place.
And if he's used it or not.

Tabby

ARROW Season 2 Has A Lot More DC Comics Characters And Concepts Still To Come

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim teases a lot more DC Comics characters and concepts are still to come in Arrow season 2. "If people think we've done a lot of DC Universe stuff now it pales in comparison to where we're headed."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=94037#RrvE8pgSqHjAJByT.99

It can't be that big can it?
Unless it's something like a Justice League name drop.

New episode tonighr! Yay

Lets hope i make it home safely. Intense snow storm in the gta area, took me 2 hours to get to work, then our van got stuck in the middle of the airport

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
It can't be that big can it?
Unless it's something like a Justice League name drop.

Batman: Arrow, good job helping me, Nightwing, Red Robin, Robin, Batgirl, Batwoman, and Ace capture Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Catwoman, and Penguin. Now let me introduce you to the Justice League; Superman, Wonder Woman, the Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, all four Green Lanterns...

ReiGun

Nightwing cameo will only be good if he makes friends with Roy, and invites him to join the Titans/Young Justice, Nick Fury-style.

Also, if they are going to make the Birds of Prey a thing, Batgirl would make more sense as a cameo than Nightwing. If we're just talking Bat characters, here.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My Cherie Amour.

Sorry Felicity, but I'm about to have a new DC TV crush. Lawd.
WHBxzxE.jpg
Very nice.

Blader

I'm finally caught up! Started watching the first season on Netflix about a month or so ago and just watched the most recent ep today.

This show is a hell of a lot of fun. Amell makes for a good protagonist, the Diggle/Felicity support team is great, Slade is pretty badass, Malcolm Merlyn was a great villain, action choreography and production values are surprisingly impressive, and the pacing is such a nice breath of fresh air from a lot of serialized shows. The writers have done a great job of turning this from a monster-of-the-weekish Smallville clone into its own beast, and have improved on a ton of things along the way.

I think my only complaints still are basically everything with Laurel, and sometimes the writers tend to lay on the DC references too thick - "home in a flash," "it's more of a squad," "I found myself in Nanda Parbat," etc. While it's a nice change of pace from something like Agents of SHIELD, which can barely mine its own universe for stories and characters, sometimes I think Arrow goes a little too far the other way with the wink-wink, nudge-nudge. I'm also worried about the island flashbacks becoming too convoluted but we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, surprisingly great show. After getting burned on Smallville and Agents of SHIELD, it's nice to see that a fun, well-made live-action superhero TV series isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Ruze789

The Facebook Q&A ended early:

Stephen Amell's FB Page said:
K... Facebook has fully blocked me from making comments on any and all posts because I'm so prolific at replying their algorithm's determined I must be a spam bot. I AM AMELL THE SPAM BOT.

Sorry everybody... Wanted to go for another 30 minutes. My apologies if your question didn't get answered.

We will do this again and it won't mess up.

In the meantime... I'm sort of glad I broke Facebook.

Looked like he answered 20-30+ questions before it ended.

Malvingt2

there is a review out for tonight episode and I am so hyped.

Around this time last year, an episode of The CW's Arrow titled "The Odyssey" changed relationships for the series and also altered the quality of the show in a very positive way. Tonight's episode of Arrow, which is titled "Heir To The Demon," might do many of the same things, even though the season as a whole has been very strong.

I can't wait.

Ruze789

Anything good?
Here are some of the interesting ones:

Stephen Amell's FB Page said:
Q: Does Oliver Queen ever sleep?
A: sleep deprivation is an actual plot point in an upcoming episode.

Q: I'm a big fan of you and Michael jai white ...what is it like working with him?
A: It kinda hurts. In a good way.
Michael's a great guy and I'm really honored that he's on our show. Great to have him back again this season as well in Episode..............

Q:did you like wearing the face paint better around your eyes, or do you like the mask better?
A: The mask / paint is essentially the same process for me. I do like the mask better though.

Q: Will The Arrow ever call himself Green Arrow EVER?!!?
A: Baby steps.

Q: Will they introduce any other super heroes like they have with Flash?
A: If we keep going, I can't imagine they wouldn't.

Q: How do you keep the hood on during fight scenes and stunts?
A: People always ask this... Legitimately, it never seems to come off.

Q: We all know you are an adventurer , but did you ever take an arrow to the knee ???
A: I do fancy myself an adventurer. That, as yet, has not resulted in an arrow to the knee.

Possible spoilers for tonight's ep:
Q: What do you think will be Oliver's reaction when
find out that Merllin is alive and is Thea's father?
A:
I wouldn't miss tonights show.

Q: Has arrow been renewed for next season yet?
A: Last year we were renewed about this time, give or take a few weeks... There's a lot that goes into the decision that extends beyond just our show. Be patient, keep watching and maybe send a threatening letter or two ;)

Q: How well do you get along with the cast?
A: I can't stand our entire cast. Except for all of our series regulars and 99.99999% of our guest stars. So ya... I love everybody.

Q: what's the coolest thing about the green arrow character that love the most?
A: The costume. The costume is just sooooo cool.

Q: How do you balance work and home life with your family?
A: I've extended the days to 31 hours.

Q: would you ever grow Ollies trademark goatee?
A: First of all... I can't really grow a goatee that doesn't make me look like a creeper. Then again... that's why we have make up departments. We'll see...

Q: What's your workout routine?
A: Working 15 hours a day and eating good food. Plus sporadical yoga classes and trailer pushups. It isn't glamorous.

Q: What will Roys nickname be?
A: Good question. Can't wait to know the answer.

Q: What do you think of your arrow costume? those pants look tight, are they comfy? and do you like the mask or maybe the paint was better? what's your opinion?
A: The arrow costume is exceptionally comfortable...
The only issue... in the summer it is really warm and the winter it's really cold. Leather just can't make up it's mind.

Q: Felicity is one of the characters with a high sense of morality, she trusted Oliver even when he was lying all day about his visits, she was the first one who called Oliver: a hero... can you picture her betraying Oliver one day? or killing someone?
A: God I certainly hope not... I couldn't handle all the sad Oliver meme's

Q: What is the best comic you've ever read?
A: Superman 75

Q: Question for Stephen Amell: there are a lot of fans thinking that there are many new characters and villains appearing on Arrow and yeah it's cool BUT on the other hand they think that the show is not taking care of other regular characters that deserve more attention. We don't know anything about Felicity's backstory, we know just a hint about Roy's, or where is Lyla? and Malcolm? He appeared just for a few seconds and that's all. Sometimes we think that the show is kind of incomplete or starting too many story lines at the same time and forgetting about the ones that are already there since Season 1. You are the best Arrow fan, what do you think about it? Do you have that feeling when you are watching the show? Do we have to trust the writers? thanks in advance!
A: Good question... First of all, yes, I absolutely trust the writers. Second... this season has been pretty expansive. That's a point the writers will agree on. Two things I'll promise... 1. All the balls we're putting in the air, will eventually come together, and... 2. Our 3rd season will be a little bit more intimate.

In b4 someone calls Wozzly due to the phrasing in that last Answer.

I'll also say, I don't know why anyone would ask an actor if they trusted the writers on their show. Pretty sure that's like asking someone if they think their spouse is fat.

I'm guessing I'm going through an action phase because this and Banshee are two shows I've been impatiently waiting for every week.

This does have the scifi/fantasy angle I'm known for, but each has some of the best action you get week to week.

I wonder what numbers Arrow would be pulling if it was on one of the big four networks, I need to find some total viewership (live, DVR, online,international, ect) numbers. AoS is still managing over six million live viewers while Arrow is less than half that, if Arrow was pulling that number on CW, it'd be a huge deal.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I wonder what numbers Arrow would be pulling if it was on one of the big four networks, I need to find some total viewership (live, DVR, online,international, ect) numbers. AoS is still managing over six million live viewers while Arrow is less than half that, if Arrow was pulling that number on CW, it'd be a huge deal.

Chances are that most (all?) big networks would meddle too much and ruin it in the process. Sometimes being small is an advantage.

Edit: Let's not forget that AoS gets over six million live viewers in spite of Jeph Loeb.

Unless it being maybe NBC, I think I agree with Funky. Being on the CW might be an advantage cause they get away with being so awesome. Lowered expectations may mean a greater opportunity to experiment.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
IGN preview with some spoilers
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/04/katrina-law-and-arrows-producers-preview-nyssa-al-ghuls-debut

and pfft at them being amazed at a Spartacus alumni being awesome sauce.

Following Manu Bennet ( Slade“) and Cynthia Addai-Robinson (“Amanda Waller“), Law is the third Spartacus alum to be a part of Arrow. Asked if there was another of her former costars she thought would be a good fit for the series, Law replied, “I would love Nick Tarabay to come over. I think Nick Taraby would be great! He's one of those villains where he rounds the character out, and he makes them human. He's not a mustache-twirling villain, and that's why I think he is so great at what he does."

Do it. Do it.

Gq6896M.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom