• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show man. This fucking show!

mh1l.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really liked this episode, perfect blend of action and story, lots of twists and turns. Like cornballer said, I'm glad they didn't do the typical CW zoom out to love triangle (square?) player #3.

Slade at the end... I'm excited.

I hope Laurel becomes a super villain.

Slade takes her on as a apprentice just to fuck with Oliver.

Then later she can be redeemed and become BC with actual training if they really want to go that route I guess....

You know I can totally see this, gives them a way of giving Laurel martial abilities and fits right in with her hitting rock bottom and hatred of Sarah/life in general right now. Also remember Slade said he doesn't want to simply kill Ollie outright, he wants to "corrupt his friends," or something of the sort--the camera cut to Felicity but Laurel would be perfect. If not Slade, I could even see Nyssa picking her up. I gotta say I liked Laurel this episode, she spit out that reel tawk, and Katie Cassidy played it pretty well, you can sympathize with her and feel her anguish.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
OMG I can't!

That Sara/Nyssa kiss...It made my creative juices flow. That flashback was painful. Hey lets just give everyone bangs and new hairstyles. The chase scene was freakin' awesome and that Canary Roll was cool!

Felicity and those stare downs, intense! I enjoyed the tension between Smoak and Moria. Seeing Felicity in the background knowing Moira knew from Oliver's speech = priceless.

Watch out MILF Moira, Slade is comin' for you. Now that should be great to watch. Slade is so badass and so handsome in that suit. It's like a buffet for the eyes.

Laurel hitting the bottle again? Poor Laurel she just can't catch a break. Sara came to me after I bumped my head, Now I hate her! And now I will pick up this bottle and throw it at the door and explode like a shotgun blast.
Sara and Ollie hooking up? I don't know, feels weird. I mean Oliver hooked up with Laurel at the end of Season One. Never forget! He died so Ollie and Sara could hook up! Poor Tommy :(

tommy103btl.gif

I really liked this episode, perfect blend of action and story, lots of twists and turns. Like cornballer said, I'm glad they didn't do the typical CW zoom out to love triangle (square?) player #3.

Slade at the end... I'm excited.

They're being a bit more subtle with that stuff this season but the elements are still there. Felicity to Ollie, Ollie to Sara, Sara to Ollie AND Nyssa, Laurel still pissed about Sara and Ollie. All the action in between makes it less grating though.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
They're being a bit more subtle with that stuff this season but the elements are still there. Felicity to Ollie, Ollie to Sara, Sara to Ollie AND Nyssa, Laurel still pissed about Sara and Ollie. All the action in between makes it less grating though.

Yeah I mean it's still a CW show and that will always be present, but I'm just glad it's not at the forefront or the entire meat of the story as opposed to shows like Smallville. Arrow does a good job of keeping the love triangle stuff in the background, and not making it the main event.

Can't blame Laurel for the rage and she would make an excellent apprentice for Slade to start getting back at Ollie, KC did a good job with it to where you can't hate Laural because she's right to an extent, it's pretty much Ollie fresh from the island all over again times a hundred. I can't see Moira making it out of this season alive.

Well, Talia is more on the Batman side so it makes sense she wouldn't be used and Nyssa was bad ass and I might have been fine with just looking at Katrina Law's face for an hour. Too bad the Roy scene got cut, oh well. No big loss, will probably just have to wait until the season two DVD/BR set comes out to see it and whatever else they've had to cut this season.

Do people really care about the Winter Olympics? Fuck'em I need mah stories! :(

Chances are that most (all?) big networks would meddle too much and ruin it in the process. Sometimes being small is an advantage.

Edit: Let's not forget that AoS gets over six million live viewers in spite of Jeph Loeb.
Unless it being maybe NBC, I think I agree with Funky. Being on the CW might be an advantage cause they get away with being so awesome. Lowered expectations may mean a greater opportunity to experiment.

Oh I'm quite aware of how networks meddle, it's happened to many shows I've been attached to over the years and it certainly does help that Arrow is a big fish in a small pond as does the fact that Warner Brothers owns half the network with CBS the other half but this show just deserves to be a lot more popular than it currently is. Also kind of makes me wish Gotham or whatever they call it could've been done with CBS though I don't know if it'd work with CBS's demo. I imagine ABC and Marvel being owned by Disney is going to help keep AoS from being dropped without notice and given a fair chance to bounce back and survive. That and what hype it had was thanks to piggie backing off the movies. I watch it and I do hope it gets better, even with all the love we have for Arrow it wasn't until the second half of the first season when business started picking up.

Poor Jeph, he hasn't done anything really worth while since he left Smallville, I think what happened with his son has a lot to do with his sharp decline, he hasn't been the same since.

Don't know who else has been watching The Tomorrow People but tonight's episode was pretty good I thought. Especially the ending which was sort of hinted at earlier n the episode but was still a nice surprise at the end.

I do and it was, had my suspicions that
mama Jameson would actually have powers
but they pretty much gave away where they were going early in this episode with the talk about the outbreak of the week. Though now the question is why
Stephen's mother held back telling him anything when she knew what was happening to him
. Going to be interesting to see where they go from here, as unlikable as a lot of the characters can be I do hope it gets a chance at a second season.

Tokubetsu

Not enough people are talking about how great Nyssa's costume is:
wHqGy4X.jpg

No cliche tight black leather or cleavage showing. Fucking love it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah that costume was really well made, I think they'll definitely bring her back frequently, perhaps in a Ras al Ghul focused season (*fingers crossed!) :).

Sara's abs holy shit

Poor laurel actress. at this point they're writing her character towards death. Not likeable at all. She's right to hate Sarah but the show isn't framing it that way, they're just shunning her towards villainy

Sarah tho. She's super fit. Makes biel in blade trinity look like a schlub

Nyssa was pretty dope

I'm glad there was no Roy in this one, gotta give that character a small break. No room for him in this ep imo

Bluth54

Every Tuesday.
"Hey AoS is getting slightly better, please watch!"

Every Wednesday
"Nope, fuck yo show!"

Nyssa was great, way better than I expected her to be.

People still watch AoS? I gave up after like 5 episodes, and I was forcing myself to watch for those 5 episodes.

So who exactly is Nyssa supposed to be? I though Talia was Ra's al Ghul's only daughter.

Maybe she is Talia in disguise (or maybe they changed who Ra's offspring is. I thought they had done that for the Dark Knight Rises the first time I saw it).

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This Moira Queen subplot is absolutely insane

Yeah, this is my only gripe with the season thus far, it's completely unbelievable. Would have been much better if Moira (being her manipulative self) came out and exposed Merlyn at the end of S1, acting as if she uncovered his plot at the very end--making her a deceptive hero of sorts. Don't think it would have altered too much of the story (Walter could have still found out the truth as well as her kids maybe, so everything else remains the same), and her running for mayor makes much more sense.

Remmy2112

People still watch AoS? I gave up after like 5 episodes, and I was forcing myself to watch for those 5 episodes.

So who exactly is Nyssa supposed to be? I though Talia was Ra's al Ghul's only daughter.

Maybe she is Talia in disguise (or maybe they changed who Ra's offspring is. I thought they had done that for the Dark Knight Rises the first time I saw it).

She is a character that to date has only appeared in comics starting in 2003. She is half-sister to Talia.

Tabby

Ra's al Ghul two daughters.
Nyssa is Nyssa Ratko.

Klyka

Banned
This episode just explained who that weird guy in the bar in the episode before it was!
It was Nyssa's goon who slipped Laurel the poison!

"What's the matter, they didn't teach you the right cross as an assassin?"

Right up there with "A guy with a spare."

Chesthair gets all the best 'just beat the bad guy' one liners.

I'm starting to like Laurel now that she's going through her crisis.

Also, Detective man, father of Laurel or whatever, is awesome. I like that he changed the pitch of his voice during the flashbacks. Good man. Don't like the bangs on Sarah during the flashback, though. Not a good look.

This show continues to be amazing, more girl on girl kissing would be great. Specifically one between the Huntress and Felicity.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I do and it was, had my suspicions that
mama Jameson would actually have powers
but they pretty much gave away where they were going early in this episode with the talk about the outbreak of the week. Though now the question is why
Stephen's mother held back telling him anything when she knew what was happening to him
. Going to be interesting to see where they go from here, as unlikable as a lot of the characters can be I do hope it gets a chance at a second season.

Yeah I've started watching the show and it's been pretty fun so far, hope it gets renewed. I mean, plenty of CW shows have had worse ratings (beauty and the beast?) and gotten renewed, right?

She's better than the actress they had playing her originally!

Don't get me wrong, I love new Sarah, but old Sarah was in like a what, 10 second clip? Don't know how that's enough to judge lol.

jb1234

Am I the only one that finds the constant chin comments and nicknames unfunny and mean-spirited?

Other than that though, great episode.

It's appalling. I can't help but think of how Evillore invited Aisha Tylor to the forum. He would never in a million years do the same for Katie Cassidy based on the behavior in this thread.

Wiktor

The moment I saw Sara doing solmon ladder I knew it would be an awesome episode. So many developments, so many training sequences and the action scenes were all so well done. Especially the archery duel at the end.

Jesus Christ, this show is so fucking incredible.

I'd find Sara lezzing it up to be hot if it wasn't for her constant worried expression. It really is starting to bug me.

"Get your father to release me from the League!"

"He's never released anyone."

"Malcolm Merlyn."

"Yeah, but that was a mistake."

Why bother saying Ra's has never released anyone if you're just going to admit to the complete opposite a few seconds later?

pulga

Banned
Chesthair knows that Felicity and Diggle work in tandem with the Arrow and Oliver

Chesthair knows that Sara works with the Arrow and that Oliver is one of the few aware she's back

if at some point he doesn't say "take your fucking mask off queen you oblivious cunt" this show will have failed detectives everywhere

Idde

Great episode. I love how Sara is now officially part of team Arrow, that is expanding. Can't wait for the showdown between Roy, Felicity, Sara, Diggle and Ollie and whoever ends up in the team with Bronze Tiger. That's more like a squad. Probably something for the third season?

And damn, I'm sore everywhere from the gym yesterday, but Arrow always gets me motivated as fuck to get back.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fucking Oliver Queen, lecturing his mom about lying when no day is passed without him lying for safety of his family. Just awful.... Lost respect for felicity as well, how about your mind your own Damn business instead of destroying a family because you are bored.

Moira Queen is badass considering how long and with what for people she had to deal for her life, sucks to have the family time destroyed just because of stupid felicity.

But even these both idiots are Saints compared to laurel.... Wtf....

V_Arnold

Arrow's writers....they are making it REALLY hard for me to like Laurel.

The only defense for her character is that in the framework of her life, how she behaves makes complete sense. She has yet to connect the dots.

But writers, beware. When she does, she better reform completely, and more robustly than even Oliver, or...well, or I'll be disappointed :(

Edit: A/V Club Review explains it better than I did, but I completely agree:

In both of Laurel’s major interactions with her sister—the initial hallucinatory sighting and the utter rejection in the final scene—she is projecting her own feelings, as she has been wont to do this season; it’s not hard to hear in Laurel’s invective against Sara some echoes of her past anger at the Arrow for Tommy’s death. What changes is she now knows Sara can actually be affected by what she has to say, and so Laurel lashes out. This isn’t likely to endear Laurel to an already skeptical audience, particularly considering she pours herself yet another drink before unloading on her sister. But Laurel hasn’t seen what we have; she hasn’t been given a front row seat for the unimaginable ordeals that her sister suffered through on the Amazo and on the Island, not to mention with the League of Shadows.

“Heir To The Demon” makes the best possible effort to explain just why Laurel cannot welcome Sara back like her parents did. It all goes back to tonight’s flashbacks, which depict the last day of happiness in the Lance household, not to mention another glimpse into the petty sibling jealousies that drove both Lances’ interactions with Oliver. The key moment comes right at the end, when Moira arrives to inform the Lances that Sara was also aboard. Katie Cassidy’s performance, in concert with the camerawork and the score, make it clear just how devastating this news is. She never even has the chance to grieve for her sister, because the very news of Sara’s death carries with it confirmation of the ultimate betrayal. Such deep trauma isn’t easily undone. For her part, Sara seems to feel she has waited and suffered enough—six years of such isolation is a long time—so there’s no guarantee that a reconciliation lies ahead. Every time it seems as though Laurel has hit rock bottom, Arrow finds a new way for her to dig deeper. I’d defend Laurel’s response here as appropriately in-character and the most intriguing narrative choice for the Lances, but soon we need some sense of an upward trajectory before the show loses its handle on her character entirely.

Not enough people are talking about how great Nyssa's costume is:
wHqGy4X.jpg

No cliche tight black leather or cleavage showing. Fucking love it.

Yup it was great,
Armor pieces, full coverage and even some red to make it unique from the other LOA ninjas.
Not just good for a tv budget, I could see her fitting right into place with the League from Batman Begins. Heck she already works better than TDKR Talia.
Costume designer getting work done this season,
GA's continues to be great and now with the added mask, Deathstroke, Canary, Blood, average League assassins, Nyssa.

Good ep. I consider this the first real good one since winter break.
That last scene was like Laurel was yelling at Sara for coming onto Arrow and supplanting her
as the series female lead, a subtext maybe the writers intended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom