• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

I would love a season where Ra's is the main big bad, it'll never happen though.
I don't think Arrow can use any Batman characters, Fox bought the license to use Batman characters for Gotham didn't they?

Not exclusive license though. At this point I think CW is simply building their own shared universe and it won't be connected with any other shows on other networks and most likely also won't be connected with movies.

I mean, DC has plans to make lower budget action flicks with lesser known heroes, Deathstroke being one of them and I doubt they will use Manu, especially since he's a villain now.

No I mean like how Smallville wasn't allowed to use any Batman characters because of the Nolan films. I thought Fox bought the license and so Arrow can't use any Batman characters; or am I just talking out of my ass here?

Besides Ra's is a huge A list villain I doubt DC approve.

I would assume that if they couldn't use him on the show, they wouldn't be able to use his name either. and since they have used his name, in both pronunciations, that they have license to use the character, and just haven't gotten to the point where they want to show him yet.

Joni

Honestly, at this point there are three possibilities. Worst case: everything is seperate meaning we'll get a confusing Justice League movie; okay case: Gotham is a prequel to the Justice League universe but very unlikely because they'll show Bruce Wayne; best case DC has no intention of making high profile movies for anyone but Superman and Batman so they reuse Gustin and Amell because it is easier than casting another huge star for the movies.

I mean, DC has plans to make lower budget action flicks with lesser known heroes, Deathstroke being one of them and I doubt they will use Manu, especially since he's a villain now.
Wasn't Comic Book Deathstroke a villain turned hero?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wasn't Comic Book Deathstroke a villain turned hero?

Think he's pretty much just a mercenary, so sometimes he's a hero, sometimes he's a villain (most of the time actually, I think), but yeah, he always kind of has that cold villain edge (though like I said I'm not a huge comic dude).

GrayFoxPL

I loved this scene.

iEOjGQ7z9Ub6S.gif

I loved this scene.

iEOjGQ7z9Ub6S.gif

The two cuts, first from Nyssa's backflip-dodge-bowgrab to her shooting pose and the other when Arrow drops to the ground at the end were fantastic. Another thing that works really well is everyone having shiny bits on their outfits so when they fight (usually at night but under a fairly bright light) there are all these highlights to emphasize the moves they make.

Snake

I wasn't expecting it but Katrina Law was sort of amazing in this episode.

That physicality. That outfit. That not-terrible British accent. *swoon*

fanboi

Banned
This was a great episode, one of the better in S2.

That said, me and my gf couldn't stop laughing during the flashback with Sara and Laurel sitting in the couch... since I have before shown her chin and I told her that was her sister in the show.

We laughed for like 10 min...

Then we had sex to radioactive.

That said, me and my gf couldn't stop laughing during the flashback with Sara and Laurel sitting in the couch... since I have before shown her chin and I told her that was her sister in the show.

But was Tommy watching?

Hahahaha. Only thing that could've made that better is if time was taken to change the backgrounds so Tommy was in the same environment.

I want this, but with Huntress instead.

She's kinda vanished, but constant zoom-ins on backgrounded windows with her peering at Oliver with her crazy-ex eyes would be fantastic.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

BETA BETA BETA BETA

I really enjoyed this episode, particularly the equal opportunity salmon laddering. Well done, CW, well done. Nyssa was even better than I imagined (and I already had some pretty high expectations), boss Deathstroke was effortlessly swaggerific and seeing Ollie and Black Canary giving chase on a bike to the League of Assassins was fucking amazing. I giggled like a 12 yo during that part. Action scenes were also top notch, and helped by the fact that Katrina Law has some serious action cred due to her time in Spartacus. Her drop down entrance was so amazing.

I can't wait to see
Helena's return
. Birds of Prey is going to be insane if they manage to keep the bar at the same level. Bodies everywhere.

Tugatrix

mine-arrow-honor-thy-father-tommy-merlyn-colin-donnell-gif.gif

Poor Tommy

clockpunk

What an absolutely fantastic episode - and those reaction memes are perfect! Shame there wasn't any island flashbacks, but... I look forward to the upcoming one centred around prior events.

Just wish they would hurry up and announce Season 3 already... it's already going to be a hell of a long wait, just for the next episode, but I can say that I have genuinely really enjoyed the series thus far, with no real exception.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
we need to share this with Amell maybe this running jokes among us turn viral if he share it in his fb page
Or on his new YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfOL4I_bfpLeGoC9Us057nA

Is this the new "SNL spoofs the OC" Imogen Heaps song?

I remember watching the Ollie/Laurel makeout scene and I couldn't stop laughing because of the song. It's like the most "CW intense makeout" track ever.
Holy shit I forgot about that. :lol

Her waist is very muscly. Typical among crazy runners and some athletes. She was most probably pushing her lower abdomen for the camera, though. Those obliques are extra puffed.

She needs to work on her arms so she'll look more balanced and be able to do the Salmon Ladder correctly. She's gonna get jacked up if she always uses that swinging technique instead of her arms.

That's one thing I really love about Arrow.

Lotz might be shortish, but just like Amell they have a physicality about them that sells the characters. Both in physique and the confidence with which they move.

Neither are the best of actors (both steadily improving though) but it's that physique and aura that make it believable.

And this meme you guys have created is fucking spectacular.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's fucking it. I'm putting that song on my phone and having it at the ready whenever I watch Arrow now.

Also, my gf sent me this at work.

"Thea will find out she is merlins kid and she will try and find roy for comfort but will end up finding sin. And then she will run into her arms. Then they start making out, and Roy watches from a distance."

It's basically the only way this show knows how to handle love triangles.

Somebody, get Wozzly...

Tugatrix

That's fucking it. I'm putting that song on my phone and having it at the ready whenever I watch Arrow now.

Also, my gf sent me this at work.

"Thea will find out she is merlins kid and she will try and find roy for comfort but will end up finding sin. And then she will run into her arms. Then they start making out, and Roy watches from a distance."(radioactive in the background)

It's basically the only way this show knows how to handle love triangles.

Somebody, get Wozzly...

fix that for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom