• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoTacos

Slade's Revenge....nay, Deathstroke
Strikes Back

Also, Nyssa is an awesome character. I hope they make her more permanent than this. I also hope for Liam McIntyre guest appearance.

When
Blood asked what he should do and Slade said ".... Nothing. I'll take care of it."
I was like ohhhhh shiiiiiit.

Also, what villain would you like to see Liam play?

Ripclawe

Banned
true on both accounts.
I still haven't seen any Nyssa gifs other than the kiss.
hey!

imDyNMZk0LLxz.gif

WhenBlood asked what he should do and Slade said ".... Nothing. I'll take care of it." I was like ohhhhh shiiiiiit.

iUtdOCtsnnuTR.gif

No need to spoiler tag the swag but I can see Blood thinking he can double cross Slade and that ending badly...

jordisok

Walter is getting more sinister by the episode, I like it.

Also surprised Felicity told Ollie the secret!! Kinda atypical of tv, definitely a good thing. There were quite a few cutaways (like that one) where characters learn stuff off screen in this ep? Either that or they forgot to upload parts lol, anyone else notice? avoided a lot of melodrama.

hoping Slade ties up a few loose ends
basically just Malcolm
by snapping necks

Man, this episode was just
franco-so-good.gif

Also, the whole Sara/Nyssa thing was pretty well implemented and also gives a whole new spin on the scene of Sara putting her clothes on in front of Felicity in episode 5 ;)

The action was superb and Katrina Law (hnnnng) really killed it, I mean just look at this

ijiMt1KSgr1qE.gif

So far the best Arrow episode this season, tied with League of Assassins and Three Ghosts

Remmy2112

After seeing the first one taken out so quickly, why do the remaining guys go all close quarters on her with their batons instead of the guns they're so clearly armed with? This kind of shit always bugs me.

Shooting up a crowded airport is probably frowned upon. But there have been other instances of characters in this show, even Diggle, advancing on a guy firing (or not) pistols only to get taken down in melee.

No surprise, people are having a fit over the "lesbian kiss" on the show's FB page, even better is how many of those that are complaining have no idea Nyssa is an actual character in the comics.

Chesthair knows that Felicity and Diggle work in tandem with the Arrow and Oliver

Chesthair knows that Sara works with the Arrow and that Oliver is one of the few aware she's back

if at some point he doesn't say "take your fucking mask off queen you oblivious cunt" this show will have failed detectives everywhere

I would really hope he knows and just plays dumb or chooses not to connect the obvious dots, kind of like Commissioner Gordon.

No surprise, people are having a fit over the "lesbian kiss" on the show's FB page, even better is how many of those that are complaining have no idea Nyssa is an actual character in the comics.

I would really hope he knows and just plays dumb or chooses not to connect the obvious dots, kind of like Commissioner Gordon.

Fools.

The first time I saw it and heard the music, I literally laughed out loud. But I must admit the song is nice.

They telegraph it way too hard on CW shows.

The camera shows a medium/wide shot of them standing facing each other, they spend way too long looking wistfully at each other, the licensed music plays in the background. Then they move closer the music swells, and kiss.

Exactly the same as when Ollie hooked up with the Huntress haha. And almost the same as Ollie and Laurel... except Tommy was watching from outside (another CW trope, apparently love makes everyone a stalker in these shows).

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
That should be a running gag. Two characters have sex with radioactive in the background and a third character shows up to make a betrayed face.

Oliver: My mother *pauses* she's not who I thought she was.

Sara: I guess that's going around.

Oliver: So what now?

Sara: I don't know

Oliver: I don't either

Sara: I know one thing...

Oliver: whats that?

Sara: I'm home

*Radioactive*

Oliver and Sara kiss.

Felicity watches from the distance. A tear running down her cheeks.

*Radioactive*

Oliver and Sara kiss.

Felicity watches from the distance. Masturbating furiously as she watched before she goes and joins them.
Fixed

Ahh yes, what I prefer to call the "Dawson's Creek shot" though I never really watched Dawson's Creek and more got it from Smallville but whatever.

*Radioactive*

Oliver and Sara kiss.

Felicity watches from the distance. A tear running down her cheeks.

Brilliant.

Ripclawe

Banned
Said Guggenheim, with a smile, “We're always struggling to make the show for the budget that we have, and people are always coming up with ideas on where we can save money. I think someone suggested, ‘Just fire the casting people and just cast people who have been in Spartacus.’ I’m joking!”

I have no problems with this

Wag

The Moira running for mayor thing still bugs the hell out of me. She's a self-confessed murderer, not even one year ago partially responsible for the deaths of over 500 people yet they think she could win mayor of that same city she destroyed? She should be glad someone hasn't assassinated her yet, let alone run her out of town on a rail. None of this plotline makes any sense whatsoever.

Watched this tonight. Laurel's scene at the end was shocking. Nobody on the production is going to confirm that they're writing a character out before it happens. I think that blind item was true. The way they handled the Laurel/Sara scene screams it. It's character assassination.

It'll be a shame if it is true. I've always liked Katie Cassidy.

Watched this tonight. Laurel's scene at the end was shocking. Nobody on the production is going to confirm that they're writing a character out before it happens. I think that blind item was true. The way they handled the Laurel/Sara scene screams it. It's character assassination.

It'll be a shame if it is true. I've always liked Katie Cassidy.

What blind item? link?

Replicant

She would have made a great Huntress.

From your mouth to the casting director's ears. Recast! Recast!

omg noooo. Poor Tommy. T_T

But then again I never believed that he's that interested in Laurel and his chemistry with her was as poor as Laurel/Oliver. He and Oliver actually have better chemistry with each other. Which is why Oliver's heartbreak in the first season finale was quite convincing.

Wiktor

Except that that is not what is going to happen. They do not kill Sarah in order to make Laurel Black Canary (if they do it at all), but IF Sarah were to die (and frankly, too many characters having plot armor is going to get old with one more CW show, just like Vampire Diaries/Supernatural), that would completely turn around Laurel AND make perfect sense to make her start on a new path. The "cause-reaction" chain is messed up with us peaking behind the scenes, that is not even hinted in the show.
Except that's exactly how how it would look like - killing awesome Sara just so we can try salvage the train wreck that is Laurel. If she's to become BC then there's no other way than for Sara to die.

Fact is, Laurel just sucks as character compared to Sara. You're trying to come up with all those excuses and reasonings, but they are all based on presumption that somehow Laurel is worth all that effort to save her. Like she would be the most important part of the show and everything needs to bend to accomodate this character.

But it's not like that. The simple truth is Laurel is a lot worse character than Sara in every way. No matter how much you will try to build up Laurel she will never be as awesome as Sara. Out of the two it just makes ZERO sense to kill Sara instead of Laurel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom