• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

I assume Slade will show up in this years finale, as a cliffhanger, just as Green Arrow reaches hero status.

Tugatrix

No worries if all the cops are like Officer chest hair, Ollie doesn't need to worry

ShqkSnr.gif

Replicant

Amell as Queen/Arrow gives such terrible performance. So bad.

Amell's performance is hard to gauge and looks wooden if one only remembers him as Oliver Queen back in Starling City. There he plays a detached, rather cold playboy just as Anna Torv was cold and reserved as Olivia Dunham in S1-2 of "Fringe".

But if you compare his performance as the Oliver in the island, as The Hood (Arrow), as well as the Oliver that interacts with Diggle and Felicity, you can actually see nuances of differences between each of them.

Island Oliver has this naivete and stupidity about him. Not to mention his voice is shrill and high-pitched. In comparison back to Starling City Oliver is cold and seemingly heartless/emotionless. His voice is also deeper BUT not as deep as The Arrrow's.

It's only when you see him with Diggle and Felicity (and Tommy last season) that you actually see real emotion (ie. anger), kindness and concern and sometimes a hint of sarcastic personality (especially when dealing with Felicity's bumbling comments).

The problem is that the majority of the time, especially at the beginning of the series, we only saw him as Oliver Queen who's back from the island. So it's really hard to gauge the minor shift in his acting as he portrayed the different version of Oliver Queen.

Amell's performance is hard to gauge and looks wooden if one only remembers him as Oliver Queen back in Starling City. There he plays a detached, rather cold playboy just as Anna Torv was cold and reserved as Olivia Dunham in S1-2 of "Fringe".

But if you compare his performance as the Oliver in the island, as The Hood (Arrow), as well as the Oliver that interacts with Diggle and Felicity, you can actually see nuances of differences between each of them.

Island Oliver has this naivete and stupidity about him. Not to mention his voice is shrill and high-pitched. In comparison back to Starling City Oliver is cold and seemingly heartless/emotionless. His voice is also deeper BUT not as deep as The Arrrow's.

It's only when you see him with Diggle and Felicity (and Tommy last season) that you actually see real emotion (ie. anger), kindness and concern and sometimes a hint of sarcastic personality (especially when dealing with Felicity's bumbling comments).

The problem is that the majority of the time, especially at the beginning of the series, we only saw him as Oliver Queen who's back from the island. So it's really hard to gauge the minor shift in his acting as he portrayed the different version of Oliver Queen.

You got it.

GrayFoxPL

Actually him on the island is his worst "persona". So artificial and forced is his "I'm a loser" performance that comes with every uttered word, that it causes me physical pain to listen to him.

But he's bad at everything with being the Arrow is the least bad as he only has few lines.

I feel I didn't see that bad of acting job since early 90s.

It's staggering and evident more for me because he's surrounded by actors that are pretty decent and can deliver their lines well. Next to them "Arrow" seems like acting school drop out.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Actually him on the island is his worst "persona". So artificial and forced is his "I'm a loser" performance that comes with every uttered word, that it causes me physical pain to listen to him.

But he's bad at everything with being the Arrow is the least bad as he only has few lines.

It's staggering and evident more for me because he's surrounded by actors that are pretty decent and can deliver their lines well. Next to them "Arrow" seems like acting school drop out.

I dunno man I have to completely disagree with you, I like his version of the Green Arrow (especially when compared to the awful Smallville version), and the island persona is probably my favorite. Acts exactly like a bumbling frat boy that has no idea what he's doing.

Ha ha ha ha ha, what?

Replicant

Well, he's supposed to be annoying and stupid in the island. But each to his own. I think Amell did a pretty good job in making each Oliver identifiable. His island Oliver is quite different but if a person had never been exposed to that kind of harsh scenario like Oliver, I think a person would also have a shock/change in personality.

And come on, how can an acting causes you physical pain? That's just hyperbole, right?

The Last Airbender. Everyone including Dev Patel is awful in that film.

I completely agree. He basically plays like four different characters. I really like him in the role.

Rokam

Rocksteady should do a Green Arrow game next, just borrow from Tomb Raider/Crysis and make the hand to hand combat quicker than in the Arkham games. And I just now realized that Arkham Asylum was basically Supermax (the Green Arrow movie).

Rocksteady should do a Green Arrow game next, just borrow from Tomb Raider/Crysis and make the hand to hand combat quicker than in the Arkham games. And I just now realized that Arkham Asylum was basically Supermax (the Green Arrow movie).

That'd actually be awesome.

Sulik2

Thats actually an excellent idea. #Yearofthebow2

inm8num2

I was just taking it easy on the actress who played Huntress. :p

I think it was the writing of the character more than her acting, though.

Thats actually an excellent idea. #Yearofthebow2

ibmayHPIqOQAms.gif

Some?

Thank you for fixing it.

Just starting season 2 now. Willa Holland looks like she out on some weight, and looks so much better for it.

And ugh...Summer Glau. So awful. Sorry everyone, but I am not a fan.

Willa Holland looks fantastic.

Huntress would probably be better if they made her character Australian.

I felt bad for de Gouw cause she really had to fight the accent, and they never really explained it. We would have gotten a better performance if it weren't for the technical requirements of the role.

All caught up now. BOO YA! I will now join you every week.

Last episode was good, but not as good as the last two episodes. Kelly Hu looking damn good too.

The sad thing is Katie Cassidy has never been this bad on the other series/shows. I just don't understand why they make her character so boring (and annoying) on "Arrow".
I don't think she's bad in this role either, she's just being given terrible material to work with.

Though I must say I'm already pretty hopeful with how she's been portrayed in the first two episodes of S2. Obviously her vendetta against The Hood is kinda hilariously OTT, but at least she's not always scowling or being indignant. Let her smile and be happy dammit!

Omega

Banned

Watching the show, I had so many ideas about how an Arrow-inspired game would work. My idea was way too ambitious though. The best we'd ever get is an Arkham re-skin

which I don't even want. I'd rather not lose out on 46 hours of game time because Warnerbros is fucking retarded

Laurel's vendetta against The Hood is so misplaced and out of nowhere. I hope they end this shit quick, because after only two episodes it is annoying. The good thing is that this show doesn't seem to drag things on for too long and just keeps moving.

Also, not liking the potential love triangle on the island with Slade/Shado/Ollie. I did like Slade's line of "Women distract you and make you weak." I hope that is where Slade's motivation comes from, that Ollie getting some pussy is weakening him. Just as Slade was turning him into an awesome murder machine.

Laurel's vendetta against The Hood is so misplaced and out of nowhere. I hope they end this shit quick, because after only two episodes it is annoying. The good thing is that this show doesn't seem to drag things on for too long and just keeps moving.

Also, not liking the potential love triangle on the island with Slade/Shado/Ollie. I did like Slade's line of "Women distract you and make you weak." I hope that is where Slade's motivation comes from, that Ollie getting some pussy is weakening him. Just as Slade was turning him into an awesome murder machine.

He just needs a fellow murder-bro.

I want her back badly brah. They gotta let her personality and beauty shine.

Yeaaaaaaah, okay there.

god I hope so. It so damn dumb on why she blame the Hood instead of herself for staying there which cause Tommy to come down and tries to save her.

And yeah I do it more like that or him being jealous about Shado :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom