• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Baby Arrowette arrived!

1000411_521503111268294_430791391_n.jpg

She came just in time for Amell Wednesdays.

Gibbo

Just found out that the actress who plays the Huntress is English and stars in the upcoming Dracula TV series

Should be quite interesting to see if she is as terrible an actress in that as she was in Arrow

Also, Laurel is behaving very irrationally I think. Writers have made a big mistake in going the Blame the Vigilante route

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm surprised Katie Cassidy isn't in a neckbrace with the amount of character whiplash going on there.

As one of the previous thread's Laurel supporters, I gotta say, this turn is completely and utterly awful. Doesn't make any sense based on her character in season 1, same deal with the forced, "sorry ollie we gotta break up cuz like i felt like i was cheatin on tommy even tho he broke up with me and now he's dead and we were givin each other the googly eyes all of season 1." That character is just in complete limbo right now, and they really need to give her a purpose besides 100% hating the vigilante or 100% loving him. I didn't mind her season 1 role as his legal sidekick tbh.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Laurel sucks ass now true.

Like she's one CSI MIAMI level shit. Going with officers to make an arrest?

Isn't she just the DA's assistant?

Just found out that the actress who plays the Huntress is English and stars in the upcoming Dracula TV series

Should be quite interesting to see if she is as terrible an actress in that as she was in Arrow

Also, Laurel is behaving very irrationally I think. Writers have made a big mistake in going the Blame the Vigilante route

Wonder if she'll struggle with an English accent like she did with the American one.

A shame. The Aussie accent is sexy

Laurel sucks ass now true.

Like she's one CSI MIAMI level shit. Going with officers to make an arrest?

Isn't she just the DA's assistant?

Cop version of N word privelages.

V_Arnold

Pretty good episode.

Also, holy shit at the ending. How isbOllie going to escape?!

First scene in next episode: a smoke grenade is thrown into the building. No one looks at Ollie, they start running around like crazy people instead. Ollie is getting out, and Black Canary was the savior.

Bam.

Now, to see whether I guessed correctly.

Bladenic

First scene in next episode: a smoke grenade is thrown into the building. No one looks at Ollie, they start running around like crazy people instead. Ollie is getting out, and Black Canary was the savior.

Bam.

Now, to see whether I guessed correctly.

Something tells me Black Canary will definitely be involved.

Wouldn't she just use her scream?

I haven't ready up on interviews, if they plan on giving her powers in the beginning. I know they said barry wouldn't have his powers for a while.

Pollux

Finally caught up. Watched all of season 1 and the first two episodes of season 2 over the last 4 days. Absolutely love this show, easily one of my favorite right now.

Can't wait to see how Oliver gets out of this...but if I had to guess - smoke grenade or Black Canary.

With a distant third option being they discover his identity - but that's just not going to happen.

Finally caught up. Watched all of season 1 and the first two episodes of season 2 over the last 4 days. Absolutely love this show, easily one of my favorite right now.

Can't wait to see how Oliver gets out of this...but if I had to guess - smoke grenade or Black Canary.

With a distant third option being they discover his identity - but that's just not going to happen.

Season 6. Bet on it. SuperMAX yo.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
God damn. There's just something about a hot muscly guy holding a tiny baby that turns me into a mushy puddle

You're no the only one. Everywhere I went with my little daughter, I was wading through molten women of various ages. It's gotten a little better now that she's older, but the two of us still make females melt from time to time.

xenist

You're no the only one. Everywhere I went with my little daughter, I was wading through molten women of various ages. It's gotten a little better now that she's older, but the two of us still make females melt from time to time.

Heh. They don't even have to be that muscular. I was visiting my god-daughter back when she was a few months old and a girlfriend of her mother's was there. My god-daughter used to love sitting on my shoulders when she was a baby. So I put her on and she started laughing slapping my head and trying to bite it. I swear I could hear that other girl's ovaries exploding. As much as babies murder their parents' lovelife they're are like fucking aphrodisiacs for other women.

Chuckie

Heh. They don't even have to be that muscular. I was visiting my god-daughter back when she was a few months old and a girlfriend of her mother's was there. My god-daughter used to love sitting on my shoulders when she was a baby. So I put her on and she started laughing slapping my head and trying to bite it. I swear I could hear that other girl's ovaries exploding. As much as babies murder their parents' lovelife they're are like fucking aphrodisiacs for other women.

It's true. Everytime I walk around with my god-son, all the girls look at me!

Where were you when I actually needed you!

Good episodes so far.

A few things though...

I don't particularly like the decision not to kill bad guys. I know I've complained about it in the past, but it actually made sense to kill people who were coming at you with automatic rifles, etc and I can't help but feel the trick arrows will become tiresome after a while.

Felicity - Goddamn!

Also liked the roots of a split taking root between Slade and Olly on the island and it's over a woman at that. Should end nicely...perhaps with Shado's death?

Felicity - GODDAMN!!!

Michael Jai white felt wasted, could have served as a good villain who eventually forces Olly to kill again...but then he was only knocked out so maybe he'll returns?

Roy is still as annoying as ever and still hasn't done jack-shit in terms of training...instead just running and hoping for the best.

Thea was actually pretty good I though, also looks good with a bit of weight on her.

Laurel - LOL. Just kill her already, Jesus Christ.

Five internet bucks down on the alderman having an alter-ego and turning out to be this seasons big bad.

Oh and Felicity - GODDAMN!!!!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Get ready for even MORE wooden "acting": 'Arrow' Books 'Firefly' Star Sean Maher in Villainous Role (Exclusive)

UneC5cK.jpg

Firefly alum Sean Maher is joining season two of The CW's comic-book drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

Set to appear in the 10th episode, Maher will guest star as the evil Mark Scheffer, better known as DC Comics supervillain Shrapnel, a serial bomber who places Starling City in a grip of terror and threatens the life of Sebastian Blood (Kevin Alejandro).

In the DC Comics universe, Shrapnel's backstory isn't fully known, though it has been established that he was at one point married with two daughters. Made of metal, Shrapnel's powers are superhuman strength

xenist

Let's make a distinction. People seem to be mistaking light, flirty banter with chemistry. Ollie's interactions with Felicity seem "better" because they consist almost entirely of light banter in contrast with his scenes with Laurel which are almost always [reverb]BIG, SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS[/reverb]. Felicity is written to be easy to like. Laurel isn't. It's not chemistry, it's the writing.

Let's make a distinction. People seem to be mistaking light, flirty banter with chemistry. Ollie's interactions with Felicity seem "better" because they consist almost entirely of light banter in contrast with his scenes with Laurel which are almost always [reverb]BIG, SERIOUS CONVERSATIONS[/reverb]. Felicity is written to be easy to like. Laurel isn't. It's not chemistry, it's the writing.

And everyone here is in agreement that the writers clearly hate Katie Cassidy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom