• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
She kinda talks funny. The chin dimple thing is weird too. Like she's half human, half Gerber baby.

Clevinger

I just had a scary thought. What if, instead of killing her, Slade ends up crippling Sara. Then her character wouldn't be kicking any ass in action scenes and we'd just be left with her acting.

:eek:

Tabby

I just had a scary thought. What if, instead of killing her, Slade ends up crippling Sara. Then her character wouldn't be kicking any ass in action scenes and we'd just be left with her acting.

As long as she can wear the costume I'm cool with that.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Now that you mention it, I have noticed a lot of woman were pretty pro Laurel and very against Sara.

Not sure why.

Probably because Sara is the "cheating sister" and Laurel is the determined lawyer fighting for justice even after being wronged, whoooo was also disbarred for her alcohol and drug habits derived entirely from her own issues and inability to move on from prior tragedies, all of which results in the alienation of her family and friends BUT THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT...

Yeah. Laurel sucks. She's basically the Thea of this season.

"I know it was hell for you on that island, but it was hell here too!" Fuck you, Speedy...

But hey, Thea became a capable adult, is a manager of a club, is in a caring relationship... they also don't do a lot with her outside of a brief conflict with her feelings towards her mother at the start of the season BUT HEY atleast she doesn't totally suck anymore. And she had a fun little three-musketeers thing with Sin and Roy.

V_Arnold

Yeah, my girlfriend likes Laurel as a character a lot more than Sarah. It was the atrocious acting at first (which definitely improved), but we agree on that Laurel is well built up. After she caught up with all episodes, she asked me "so, when was that when Laurel was considered a bad character? Was this all? Cause it was a fine storyline for her.".

Da truth. Sometimes it leaves you blind...

ascii42

Started watching this show a few weeks ago and now I'm all caught up. Started reading this thread too...interesting community y'all have here.

But hey, Thea became a capable adult, is a manager of a club, is in a caring relationship... they also don't do a lot with her outside of a brief conflict with her feelings towards her mother at the start of the season BUT HEY atleast she doesn't totally suck anymore. And she had a fun little three-musketeers thing with Sin and Roy.

Part of me feels a little obligated to like Thea, since that's my younger sister's name.

MC_Hify

Laurel is the only one in the show that seems sane. She's had, what? 10 attempts on her life in the past year? That's gotta mess somebody up.

-Deimos

I'm almost caught up. Laurel is the worst, I hate watching any scene that involves her and I agree that there's something weird going on with Sara's face. It's like she's always pouting and trying to make her self seem cute. She looks uncomfortable as fuck.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

jME9G9m.gif

Tabby

I never had a problem with Huntress in the first season to be honest, if anything I liked her.
Glad to see her again.

Clevinger

It's true. Hang out at women-populated board like ONTD or TWoP and you'll see this sentiment.

I've looked at the TWoP thread occasionally throughout the season and they're always saying the same things: they're loving Sara/Lotz, shitting on Laurel/Cassidy, and worried that Sara will get killed off.

Replicant

I've looked at the TWoP thread occasionally throughout the season and they're always saying the same things: they're loving Sara/Lotz, shitting on Laurel/Cassidy, and worried that Sara will get killed off.

They changed course after that episode where Sara invited Ollie to the dinner. It's weird.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

And then she'd take on a new name, Oracle. Excuse me while I vomit.

Hex

Banned
I'm just relaying one friend's experience. I never gave details, nor did I imply any real extremity. I simply implied that this friend had a negative impression from the set. I'm not implying he's some kind of monster or anything.

Are you suggesting Arrow hazing rituals?

Sounds like horse shit.
Everything else out there leans the other way, and when people are dicks in any way at all it gets out especially in this age of social media and when most of the cast does con appearances constantly.

Wiktor

Now that you mention it, I have noticed a lot of woman were pretty pro Laurel and very against Sara.

Not sure why.

Because Laurel is like a character from bad CW romance, while Sara is an asskicking salomon laddering badass without any soap opera tendencies.

neoanarch

Sounds like horse shit.
Everything else out there leans the other way, and when people are dicks in any way at all it gets out especially in this age of social media and when most of the cast does con appearances constantly.

Yeah, Its completely not cool to come into a thread like that and drop some insider "dirt." Especially second hand info that could be misinterpreted completely. Amell seems like a completely okay guy and the cast seems to get on well.

Just want to say, as I woman, I like everyone. I had some issues with Laurel but that's mainly down to the writers I think, but I understand now why they're doing what they're doing with her. I really like how she's been progressing the last couple of episodes. And I really like Sara
will be sorry to see her go when they kill her off

Wiktor

Just want to say, as I woman, I like everyone. I had some issues with Laurel but that's mainly down to the writers I think, but I understand now why they're doing what they're doing with her. I really like how she's been progressing the last couple of episodes. And I really like Sara
will be sorry to see her go when they kill her off

I think magically getting cured of alcoholism and suddenly overcoming all emotional problems in a span of few days is just plain silly. But it's preferable to seeing her recover on screen slowly.

Wiktor

Yeah, one is a real character with flaws, other is a badass eye-candy. Yup.

Yes. One is a pointless character that feels like imported from Gossip Girl and doesn't fit into the show. While the other is a comicbooky heroine that fits perfectly.

V_Arnold

Yes. One is a pointless character that feels like imported from Gossip Girl and doesn't fit into the show. While the other is a comicbooky heroine that fits perfectly.

Again: this is a CW show with plenty of personal drama. Both fit. You just cant accept one of those. Accept that, and move on :p
(Also, I have seen Gossip Girl, and Laurel is two or three grades above the likes of Blair or Serena when it comes to reason and sanity. The only character who resembles the crazy GG moments was S1 Thea, and even she has moved past that.)

Wiktor

Again: this is a CW show with plenty of personal drama. Both fit. You just cant accept one of those. Accept that, and move on :p

Except it's not anymore. They bassicaly threw away most of the typical soap by now and the bits and pieces of still there are tightly integrated in action point.

Laurel is currently completely and utterly pointless and she;s so disconnected from everybody else, that every minute you concentrate on her is bassicaly wasted air time. At most she can play damsel in distress, which other females are perfectly capable of doing on their own.

She just feels like utter waste. Having normal character, not involved directly with vigilantism should provide fresh perspective and open up new story avenues, but instead noting like this happens with Laurel. Currently she's just utterly pointless. They really need to move her somewhere where she can actually do something of importance. I mean, at this point even Chesthair is deep into vigilatism and lack of outside regular perspective is sterting to become visible, as we don't really see the effects everything has on the setting instead of all the city. That's the point Laurel should fill, instead of the silly alcoholism plot. I mean...do they even remember the Glades was wiped out anymore?

Crisco

Banned
So my wife and I started watching this show recently. We like it a lot, although in her case they may as well have called it "Hot Guys Doing Stuff".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom