• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

They should use Baz, it will save them a shit ton on the budget.
hJKMT2h.jpg

Joni

As for how SHIELD manages to look cheaper than Arrow a lot of the time even if it is the more expensive show, I chalk it up to the production team on Arrow knowing how to work within the limitations and stretch the money. Limitations force you to work smarter, and while the budget constraints show on Arrow often, they still pull off a lot of stuff extremely well.
The Arrow team has the advantage they actually don't need a lot of CGI. Because when they need it, it shows like the drone.

Arrow embraces it's comicbookness. THey do it in a bit grounded Nolan-like way, but they're not afraid to give us domino masks and fricking Deathstroke in full costume. THey have their own strong visual style and vision and they stick to it.
But could they do Green Lantern in the Arrow style or would they need the same expensive CG as SHIELD. You can make good costumes without CG, but that wouldn't work for what is basically magic.

Wiktor

T
But could they do Green Lantern in the Arrow style or would they need the same expensive CG as SHIELD. You can make good costumes without CG, but that wouldn't work for what is basically magic.

Yeah Arrow style wouldn't work. I imagine they would go for space opera setting and just throw green power CG on it. CW couldn't do it, too expensive. It could work on regular network though, especially if they would do it as coproduction.

Didn't Olliver Queen in the comics meet only Hal Jordan and never Green Lantern? They could go for that angle.

Your probably thinking about the "Longbow Hunters" run on Green Arrow.

250px-Green_Arrow_The_Longbow_Hunters.jpg

That run put Green Arrow in more of a real-world corner of the DC universe. They took away Ollie's trick arrows and didn't allow any superpowers. When Hall made a visit, on account of being Oliver's best friend, he would leave his ring behind. The run also opened with Black Canary getting a throat wound that took away her Canary Cry.

Prior to that, Arrow was the first recruit of the Justice League after the seven founders, and even shared a book with Hal:

green_lantern_v2_85.jpg

It was DC's social issues superhero book, with Hal and Ollie touring the country. Hal represented the conservative viewpoint while Ollie was the liberal viewpoint.

dbztrk

I'm pretty sure this has already been addressed, but can someone tell me why Sara wears a wig when she is dressed up as Black Canary? I find it silly and very distracting. I think it's going to be even more so when Huntress returns and she isn't wearing a wig.

The best thing Hal did was go crazy and die.

But I feel the same way about Barry. Utterly useless avatars with little in the way of character. Barry's most interesting personality trait is a strange mommy fixation. Hal on the other hand has none.

John>Kyle>Guy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hal.

It's pretty obvious to see which era of DC is my favorite. :)

dave_m123

Weird. He seems like a pretty funny and engaging guy.

He does seem to be.

Started watching arrow on saturday upto episode 11 already! Great show.

Not a fan of Laurel or any scenes involving her and family issues.

Amell is stunning a real beautiful guy his workout scenes are very very distracting! Diggle to!

Blader

Amell must be a marketing genius then, because if he's actually an asshole in real life, he does a great job of looking like just the opposite in his videos, Facebook posts, Q&As, etc.

He seems pretty big on pranking other people on set though, and I could see how that'd rub people the wrong way.

I'm pretty sure this has already been addressed, but can someone tell me why Sara wears a wig when she is dressed up as Black Canary? I find it silly and very distracting. I think it's going to be even more so when Huntress returns and she isn't wearing a wig.

Maybe because it meant to be a disguise? I mean I know many have commented on this before in agreement but her disguise actually works and she looks like a different person so it may be 'distracting' but it obviously does its intended job perfectly.

dbztrk

Maybe because it meant to be a disguise? I mean I know many have commented on this before in agreement but her disguise actually works and she looks like a different person so it may be 'distracting' but it obviously does its intended job perfectly.

Not really. She looks like Sara with a bad wig on. It's like saying that the paint on Arrow's face makes him not look like Oliver.

I'll just add it to my suspension of disbelief pile.

At least we can agree Kyle Ryner is the worst, right?

Only if by worst you mean the absolute best ;)
Rayner is all that a great sci-fi main character should be.

Kyle > Alan > John (Architect) > Guy = Hal =John (Marine).
Don't include Simon yet, because he has to fly for a few years before I will judge him.

Clevinger

Amell must be a marketing genius then, because if he's actually an asshole in real life, he does a great job of looking like just the opposite in his videos, Facebook posts, Q&As, etc.

Well, all that stuff basically is marketing. And if you notice, he's frequently advertising his wine company on those social media pages.

Dunno if he's an asshole, but I don't think appearing charming to what are essentially the customers of his job means much.

Shaanyboi

Banned

He seems pretty big on pranking other people on set though, and I could see how that'd rub people the wrong way.

Even if he were an asshole on-set (which again, I don't know with any certainty), I don't know that that translates to him being an asshole elsewhere. i've been an asshole when working on stage shows etc., but I don't know that people would describe me the same way outside of that setting.

Unai

Nope. I will quit this show if this happened.
Hal Jordan > John Stewart

At least we can agree Kyle Ryner is the worst, right?

Hal Jordan > Kyle > Guy >>>> John Stewart.

Only if by worst you mean the absolute best ;)
Rayner is all that a great sci-fi main character should be.

Kyle > Alan > John (Architect) > Guy = Hal =John (Marine).
Don't include Simon yet, because he has to fly for a few years before I will judge him.

bFKlZas.gif

Shaanyboi

Banned
Gotta give us something. Cant just drop in and drop a hint like that and not give us something.
Chill, what I heard is nothing like "he's sexually harassing the female set crew" or "wow, he's a huge racist which is really awkward when Diggle is on set." It's moreso just disappointing than shocking. Again, from a second-hand count of someone else's negative impression. I'm sure it's different for his closer friends and colleagues.

Like "asshole asshole" or "work asshole"?

Work asshole I guess? Again, a lot of people can be work assholes, and that can mean a lot of things.

Chill, what I heard is nothing like "he's sexually harassing the female set crew" or "wow, he's a huge racist which is really awkward when Diggle is on set." It's moreso just disappointing than shocking. Again, from a second-hand count of someone else's negative impression. I'm sure it's different for his closer friends and colleagues.

Work asshole I guess? Again, a lot of people can be work assholes, and that can mean a lot of things.

Cool. And sorry if I came across as a bit antagonistic in my post. It was not my intention.

Shit, I've got to get caught up. Emerald City Comic Con is this weekend and I'm definitely going to the Stephen Amell panel. He seems like a charismatic guy so hopefully it'll be a good one. Might do a photo op with him, too.

Shaanyboi

Banned
These friend of a friend rumors are the worst thing to speculate upon not to mention most of the time inaccurate.

I'm just relaying one friend's experience. I never gave details, nor did I imply any real extremity. I simply implied that this friend had a negative impression from the set. I'm not implying he's some kind of monster or anything.

Does he make everyone on set do the salmon ladder and laugh at anyone who can't get up it?

Are you suggesting Arrow hazing rituals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom